Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2014/15 Stuff it in here.

He's worked with Alan Irvine before.

Ahh yeah, forgot about that.

Happy for Lambert, first game for us is against the club he has left on such good terms.  :D

Didn't you play Sunderland at Anfield on the opening day, which was Henderson's debut?

The new Hull tigers logo 

10443604_10152205070644537_5447950936131

As you can imagine, the Hull fans have gone berserk as apparently they were promised consultation and surprise, surprise nothing happened. Also here is direct quote from Allam over the matter a while back:

'What the fans should be interested in - I will never change the colour, I will never change the logo, I will never remove Hull, I will never remove Tigers.

'These words were there for many years. The colour of the club, amber and black, is there. The logo is there. That's for the fans and I will never change this without consulting the fans.

They'll still line his back pockets though and the cycle commences yet again.

Fans in this country are bollockless. Absolutely, utterly bollockless.

Oh yes they will be wearing a shirt with that badge across Europe this season.

As a journalist brilliantly described Liverpool fans their protective nature with Suarez 'Goals beats morals'

In ridiculously predictable transfer news: QPR have signed Rio Ferdinand.

Glad to see QPR have learnt from previous mistakes and are now going for young, hungry players with outstanding fitness records.

Glad to see QPR have learnt from previous mistakes and are now going for young, hungry players with outstanding fitness records.

What, like we did with Upson?

Hypocrisy at its best there.

Ferdinand or Upson? Hmmm that's a tough choice. Personally I'd have neither.

I bet there's a difference of at least £50,000 per week in wages though.

I bet there's a difference of at least £50,000 per week in wages though.

Again.. theres the gamble. If Rio keeps QPR up it will be money well spent.

I assume Arry again has dipped into his own pocket to pay for Ferdinand's wages? Oh no, that would be the Chairman?...

No other Championship club last season would get anywhere near matching his wages.

Just proves what a brilliant job Pearson did to finish 20-odd points ahead of them.

I assume Arry again has dipped into his own pocket to pay for Ferdinand's wages? Oh no, that would be the Chairman?...

It's unsustainable for a club their size, paying an injury prone mercenary a silly amount of money is a big risk which certainly isn't sensible.

If this was any other club you'd criticise them.

Guest MattP

lol

Good to see Arry' sticking to his 'you can't have players on massive wages at a club this size'

Next stop Joe Cole and Jermaine Defoe.

Triffic'

Guest MattP

It's just laced onto the debt of the football club like it was at Portsmouth.

They might have delayed it by a couple of years thanks to the play off win but I think we all know where QPR are heading eventually.

Upson played 43 times last season and was Brightons player of the year - despite his age he still has great fitness levels. Rio played 14 times and even if you add in the season before it's still less than Upson managed last season. I'd imagine Upson is on probably a third of what Rio will earn.

Don't get me wrong, Rio is a player I very much respect and admire but everyone can see his injuries have taken their toll so for me that's an expensive gamble. Factor in where signing over the hill players got them last time and it's even more strange.

Archived