Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2014/15 Stuff it in here.

People keep saying that villa have got a lot of quality in their squad

Villa fans disagree strongly with you

I have actually been over to the Villa forum to snoop and they were saying that todays match is nailed on loss, they dont have much faith. When I look at their squad, the only players of note for me are Guzan, Vlaar, Westwood, Delph and Benteke...

I think Grealish is a young guy with potential and Wiemann is not bad and still only 23.

Bent was great a few years back but has not had any clear run to prove he still has it....maybe he does and this will show at Derby?

Cole is knocking on now and become an older journeyman.

Agbonlahor was bright in the earlier part of his career but not done anything really for a few years now.

N'Zogbia was great at Wigan but moved to Villa and hasnt been any good for a number of yrs...he has been at Villa for 4 yrs now!

Sinclair had a good season before his move from Swansea to Man City but is overated

Richardson...30 yrs old and not that good

Hutton is woeful

Senderos woeful and slow

Cleverley has shown he isnt that great this season

Overall the Villa squad is nothing to shout about, it just happens to have some known names in the ranks. If they had such a great squad then no matter who the manager is they would have scored more goals this season.

Sherwoods actual league form as manager is 22 games / 13 wins / 3 draws and 6 losses so 59% win ratio....I think people only remember that the loses tended to be big scoring loses to top teams...overall he is actually Spurs best Prem manager ever by win ratio!

But that's precisely it, of the 5 big teams that they played with Sherwood in charge they only won once losing all of the rest, giving him a 20% win ratio against teams of an equal standing. Don't forget Spurs were the highest spending team in the Premier League in 2013/2014 so they should have expected to pick up points against teams outside of the top 6. Admittedly they sold Bale who had contributed significantly in the previous season but they used that cash to buy some of Europe's top prospects and most Spurs fans at the time felt that they had strengthened significantly by improving the depth of the squad. I'd certainly want to see his record over a far longer period before comparing him to previous Spurs manager's.

For me personally, I really did not like his whole demeanour throughout his time at Spurs constantly speaking openly about how the board needed to make a decision on his future and trying to make out that he was some sort of tactical genius. I think this was further exemplified when he was offered the WBA job and he declined the offer which he is entitled to do but then spoke openly to the media about how the club had refused to meet the demands of his back room staff despite neither manager nor said staff possessing a great deal of experience, rather than just being amicable and walking away.

I might be oldskool in my thought process but I'm very much of the opinion that you have to prove yourself first before you can start making demands on your terms.

Really? smacks a bit of arrogance ?

They have 5 points more than us , have had a terrible tactical approach all season and what seems to be questionable team spirit.

Yet, apart from bentecke, you wouldn't take any of their players?

I think it suggests Paul Lambert wasn't so bad. Time will tell. I'd take that black defender who got James sent off forget the name. Otherwise I wouldn't take anyone, well probably Darren Bent actually.

I think it's a good appointment, he got shit on at Spurs, 50% win ratio I think he had that's really not a bad return.

If Pearson had gone the other week he'd be one of the names near the top of my list, that said providing Pearson starts learning from his mistakes id rather have Pearson in charge.

The only doubt I have about Sherwood is can he handle the situation Villa are in? And it's the worry I'd have had should Pearson gone and Sherwood come in.

How was he? He went from coaching kids straight into a top six job and was similar to AVB yet got lauded for his pashun and offered several other jobs before this one.

How was he? He went from coaching kids straight into a top six job and was similar to AVB yet got lauded for his pashun and offered several other jobs before this one.

As I said..not the time to be having a pop at other managers at the moment really. And you've finally said Pearson out! I never thought I'd see the day.

As I said..not the time to be having a pop at other managers at the moment really. And you've finally said Pearson out! I never thought I'd see the day.

Matt said he was treated badly. He wasn't, that's all I was saying.

I said Pearson should probably go two years ago after Barnsley.

I have actually been over to the Villa forum to snoop and they were saying that todays match is nailed on loss, they dont have much faith. When I look at their squad, the only players of note for me are Guzan, Vlaar, Westwood, Delph and Benteke...

I think Grealish is a young guy with potential and Wiemann is not bad and still only 23.

Bent was great a few years back but has not had any clear run to prove he still has it....maybe he does and this will show at Derby?

Cole is knocking on now and become an older journeyman.

Agbonlahor was bright in the earlier part of his career but not done anything really for a few years now.

N'Zogbia was great at Wigan but moved to Villa and hasnt been any good for a number of yrs...he has been at Villa for 4 yrs now!

Sinclair had a good season before his move from Swansea to Man City but is overated

Richardson...30 yrs old and not that good

Hutton is woeful

Senderos woeful and slow

Cleverley has shown he isnt that great this season

Overall the Villa squad is nothing to shout about, it just happens to have some known names in the ranks. If they had such a great squad then no matter who the manager is they would have scored more goals this season.

Think Okore has been decent this year. Still very young and I think he'll turn out to be very good for them. Unlucky not to start today.

Big sam could be facing the sack at West Ham according to the papers, they reckon his time there is limited. What about Big Sam here? would he be able to solve Leicester's problems? I'm not keen on Big Sam but I do feel we'd stand a better chance of staying up with him than Pearson.

Big sam could be facing the sack at West Ham according to the papers, they reckon his time there is limited. What about Big Sam here? would he be able to solve Leicester's problems? I'm not keen on Big Sam but I do feel we'd stand a better chance of staying up with him than Pearson.

Why would he come here?

Tbf to Big Sam he deserves a new contract with West Ham. He's done a brilliant job with them.

He sure has but that isn't enough for their fans as he doesn't play 'the West Ham Way', an imaginary, world famous enthralling style of play spanning decades encompassing a hybrid of Barcelona 2009, Brazil 1970 and Holland 1974.

Tbf to Big Sam he deserves a new contract with West Ham. He's done a brilliant job with them.

He's done an amazing job with them, but the relationship with the fans has never been good. He only has to lose one game and the fans turn on him, it's very similar to when Pardew was at Newcastle. Am I right in saying Big Sam as never suffered premier league relegation?

I couldn't care less whether the football was shit. Aslong as we won games, that's all that matters surely?

Think it would be a mistake for West Ham to let him go. Perhaps they might think they can get a stronger candidate in to fill his boots. No doubt Big Sam will walk into another PL job.

Archived