Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2014/15 Stuff it in here.

This whole Sunderland red card thing is quite odd. So Brown is rightly exonerated, but presumably O'Shea is not restrospectively given a one match ban?

It was a red card, it just went to the wrong person. Have they not actually benefitted from the wrong decision?

It wasn't a case of mistaken identity, the ref believed Brown committed the foul to cause the penalty. He was incorrect in giving the foul so Brown's red card should be cancelled and then O'Shea is in the clear as the ref hasn't penalised him.

It wasn't a case of mistaken identity, the ref believed Brown committed the foul to cause the penalty. He was incorrect in giving the foul so Brown's red card should be cancelled and then O'Shea is in the clear as the ref hasn't penalised him.

I thought the ref came out and said he saw a foul from O'Shea but as Brown committed the second offence he was penalised. So presumably, if he is telling the truth and wasn't simply hiding from the bad decision, he'd have sent off O'Shea?

Everton won't go down. Don't agree with the "they are to big" comments, because so were Leeds and so are Villa, but they've too much quality to go down. It's out of ourselves, QPR, Burnley, Villa, Hull and maybe Sunderland.

I thought the ref came out and said he saw a foul from O'Shea but as Brown committed the second offence he was penalised. So presumably, if he is telling the truth and wasn't simply hiding from the bad decision, he'd have sent off O'Shea?

I think he felt O'Shea's foul wasn't enough to stop Falcao but Brown impeded him shooting so the goalscoring chance was denied. That would be the reason he thought Brown's foul was the key.

I think he felt O'Shea's foul wasn't enough to stop Falcao but Brown impeded him shooting so the goalscoring chance was denied. That would be the reason he thought Brown's foul was the key.

Fair enough - just a bit weird that video technology can be used to rescind the red card (as I say rightly so here) but the same video evidence shows O'Shea does pull him back and should be facing a ban. The ref's given the penalty so he's clearly seen enough to give a foul which, on reflection, is from the contact he's actually seen and has reported as having seen.

As much as I'd love to see Villa go down, they would be huge favourites for the championship next season and if we were to go down maybe it would be better for the likes of Burnley and QPR to get relegated with us

I'd genuinely worry about Burnley more than Villa. I could see Dyche taking them straight back up. Villa are an accident that's been waiting to happen for years and I'm slowly starting to think the time has come.

It's a consequence of the Prem and the ridiculous money thrown around in it. Some players believe they can do whatever they want.

Let's just hope he isnt treated as guilty until proven innocent.

If he is guilty then **** that guy.

Even if it's not true it's probably ruined his career now his name is out. Should just remain anonymous until/unless proven guilty.

Firstly....He hasn't been proved guilty.

Secondly...Isn't it ironic that you are basically accusing him of thinking he is 'above the law' so to speak, because he does whatever he wants....When in fact the law isn't protecting him at all by releasing his identity. By the law of averages, someone on this board must have broken the law and been arrested at some point.....but when was that put on the news?

Finally...There has been many cases of individuals in America who have been arrested on suspicion of having sex with a minor, where these individuals have actually been tricked into believing that the girl involved was actually over age. There was one girl, who was 15 (looked a hell of a lot older), created a fake driving licence saying she was 20, and seduced a young 20 year old American footballer.

In the end, he was dropped of all charges and she was sent down for perverting the course of justice (well....the US equivalent).

Of course he may be guilty. But the status of an individual should not be taken into account when a crime like this has been alleged to take place.

Then don't do it.

If it's a case of him being a nightclub and she is also there, as some under age girls are, then he would be right to assume she was of age.

As I say, only imagining as we don't know the details yet. I find it hard to believe he would be in a relationship with this girl

Then don't do it.

Thing is though, if you're out (especially in a place such as a nightclub), you don't know if a girl is under-age. Because it's a nightclub, because they are supposed to check age properly, you assume everyone in there is 18+.

Thing is though, if you're out (especially in a place such as a nightclub), you don't know if a girl is under-age. Because it's a nightclub, because they are supposed to check age properly, you assume everyone in there is 18+.

So it's the bouncers fault?

So it's the bouncers fault?

Not saying it's anybody's fault, in fact I wasn't talking about this incident, I was just talking in general terms.

If I pull a bird in a nightclub I don't then stop and check she's 18+. I just assume everyone is legal age because that's the rule when everybody enters. In addition to the fact some girls look much older, especially if they're made up.

No I'm not condoning this, no I'm not blaming anybody, just saying in general.

Archived