Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

How Times Have Changed

You can understand some of their sentiments. For them it was a fantastic few mins one that won't be replicated. Although I'd say despite the fact of the enormity of a PO Semi our final few mins at Forest were a lot more rare given that both sides could've ended up in the playoffs as well as Bolton. Ours was more dramatic just jot as publicised as it wasn't live on TV.

Cardiff -  Stayed in my room for 2 days, didn't eat or speak to the missus.

Watford - Stood on my seat at Vicarage Rd for a good half an hour, tried to pick a fight with a Watford fan outside, drove like a twat - anything to make myself feel better, nothing worked. Took me a good while to get over it, even quit my job.

Cardiff -  Stayed in my room for 2 days, didn't eat or speak to the missus.

Watford - Stood on my seat at Vicarage Rd for a good half an hour, tried to pick a fight with a Watford fan outside, drove like a twat - anything to make myself feel better, nothing worked. Took me a good while to get over it, even quit my job.

What were you? A driving instructor?

I didn't cry at the result, had a weird empty/bewildered feeling that I can't liken to anything else. Was watching it round a mate's house and we were so baffled I basically paced around for a while then left. Took a few days for it to sink in but then I thought it was probably for the best... Still think it is, our squad has an amazing sense of unity now

It gets better....

I also feel sorry for Leicester, because despite having a fantastic achievement this year, they won promotion without playing a game, without that one pivotal goal or moment. And they'll get stuffed next year.

:nigel:

They feel sorry for a side who won the league and got promoted? It's all making sense now, Watford are such a shite club because they want to be.

Not necessarily. The day I lost my virginity has to go down as one of the worst in my life thanks to who it was with

You were warned about that choir.

Not necessarily. The day I lost my virginity has to go down as one of the worst in my life thanks to who it was with

So it wasn't behind a barricade in Kiev with those 2 Ukrainian women, then?

How bad can it have been?! Julian Joachim Jr clearly knows something as he's given you +1....

What are we talking here... Pearson's daughter? :mad:   :nigel:  Natalie Jackson? :thumbdown:  Dot Cotton from Eastenders?! :blink: 

Troy Deeney?? :unsure:The Eurovision Song Contest winner?!  :o Bernie? :lei1:  Billy Davies, Jimmy Saville and a crate full of bananas?!?  :sick:

I mean, I'm willing to admit to late, brief and embarrassing myself, but "one of the worst days in your life"? 

I was posting this on Foxestalk.

The fun starts here.

Just **** off, the vast majority of us said they expected a play-off place and that's exactly what we got, it's progress on previous years and there's no reason why we can't push on from here. Pearson has built a good young team who have shown a lot of heart to get as far as they did and come back from a poor run, a few more signings, a bit more quality and experience added to the strong side we have and we'll be fine. Throwing away the best manager we've had for a decade and returning to the managerial ****ing merry-go-round is not what we need. It's just not, that should be bleedin obvious to everybody based on our recent history yet some people still just can't see it.

That's really interesting, Mark, because it is exactly what I was thinking at the time. One of my mates down here is a Florist fan, and he asked me that evening how I was feeling - then made some remark about how our little Frenchman wasn't such a hero now, was he (bearing in mind what had happened at the City Ground)? I said that I wasn't that disappointed. It wasn't a penalty, though I'd have taken the win if "our little Frenchman" had scored. But I didn't think we were quite ready for the Premier League. I said I thought Watford would go up, and come straight back down beating Derby's 11-point record, and as long as we kept hold of Pearson we would be up there this year, competing for top spot.

My mate asked me if Pearson would get fired, and I said I thought there would be a real firestorm calling for us to get in a "top-class" manager (Redknapp, Walnut, Ince or some other nobody) but that I was convinced that Pearson was absolutely the best manager we had had in the past ten years. And so it went on, until about midnight when I staggered back home, went to bed, pissed on red wine, telling my wife that we were going to be champions next season. She told me to fvck off and go to sleep. Shows how much she knows about football.

But you were dead right. Some people couldn't see it, and I remember a thread just after that about Pearson being fired the following Monday: and lots of people saying it was about time. Dumb cvnts.

lmfao

That's the most tinpot thing I've ever seen. 

Deeney Day? lol

What a bunch of sad bastards.

Come on, cut them a bit of slack FFS. Most of the comments on there are just the same as we would have made in similar circumstances. We were record-breaking champions this season, with the Championship Manager of the Year: show a bit of magnanimity.

So it wasn't behind a barricade in Kiev with those 2 Ukrainian women, then?

How bad can it have been?! Julian Joachim Jr clearly knows something as he's given you +1....

What are we talking here... Pearson's daughter? :mad::nigel: Natalie Jackson? :thumbdown: Dot Cotton from Eastenders?! :blink:

Troy Deeney?? :unsure:The Eurovision Song Contest winner?! :o Bernie? :lei1: Billy Davies, Jimmy Saville and a crate full of bananas?!? :sick:

I mean, I'm willing to admit to late, brief and embarrassing myself, but "one of the worst days in your life"?

Put it this way, 'Whole lotta rosie' was playing through my head. I thought I'd go the whole hog and try and earn my brown wings first time out so would get her up for it by digitally arousing it/her. Well when I withdrew the finger it didn't come out clean.

That and the fact there was a dog under her bed while I'm going at it hammer and tongues (im scared of dogs particularly when naked fcukin its owner)

Managed to finish then couldn't walk for 2days after. On the 3rd day I nobbled who turned out to be a long term girlfriend of 3 years

We had a minibus to Watford. Got lost in the girls grammar school on the way out back to it.

I remember nothing of the trip back after that. Conveniently blanked it out.

Me TYOTF in a minibus in a girls grammar school? What were they thinking?

Thankfully, I was at work and unable to watch....I had the SkySports app up and that was bad enough. Penalty to Leicester, it screamed at me. Nothing happened, which given the intermittent signal caused no great alarm. Still nothing. Still nothing.

Then the score became 3-1 to Watford and I stood frozen and uncomprehending with a kind colleague who was also benignly following the match. It wasn't great but I had plenty else to do and I was able to just get on with it. I felt greatly for those there and watching everywhere, it must have been bloody awful.

i was on a 4hr flight home so it wasn't until we touched down at 3 pm ish at east mids that i had a chance to check the score. the game was over by that point and the beeb headline just said we'd been beat in a dramatic semi final. 

i will admit that after i read how i happened i didn't watch any of the highlights at the time. 

i have since watch the sky sports news clip and the 30 second highlight clip from the pen to the goal, all after we had been promoted mind you.

Was stood in a pub with loads of Leicester fans and a few watford fans some to their credit kept quiet and offered their sympathy. But there was one lad (who was with his Leicester supporting mate) gave it the big un after deeney scored and the final whistle went had to be literally picked up by his mate and carried out there because if he didn't a lot of Leicester fans were gonna kick him in as they also chased them out the pub. If it wasn't for the bouncers on the door stopping them. I reckon they would of had him too.

Meanwhile I just stood there totally numb couldn't believe what I just saw was in total shock for the rest of the day.

Was a train back from a lads weekend in Manchester. Signal on my phone was very intermittent, kept hitting refresh on bbc. Suddenly went from PENALTY TO LEICESTER to GOAL WATFORD. Couldnt get signal for the next half hour so wasnt sure if that was the case or a bloody typo!

Without sounding patronising to Watford, it must have been some feeling on elation going through that, and it will be one of their greatest memories, particularly for a club of their size. Fair play to them, no hard feelings from me on Watford.

Archived