Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

How Times Have Changed

Not seen this posted anywhere but 1 year ago to this minute I was sat on my sofa in deep silence (and wasted) inconsolable after events earlier that day. (i also severely dented my fridge freezer and my hand was in bits) The next day I ended up booking a holiday despite not really being able to afford it, I just had to get away from it all. What were you doing 365 days ago to the hour? How did get over what happened?

I have honestly never seen a scene like it with 100s of city fans stood outside the ground, head in hands looking up to the sky, not one word uttered between them whilst the celerations from inside the ground continued from their fans. It was eerie I'll never get over it fully regardless of what's happened since.

It's also 4 years to the day from that night in Cardiff.

Never let a Frenchman take a penalty

10304699_10152043142750686_7220241871367

I was posting this on Foxestalk.

The fun starts here.

Just **** off, the vast majority of us said they expected a play-off place and that's exactly what we got, it's progress on previous years and there's no reason why we can't push on from here. Pearson has built a good young team who have shown a lot of heart to get as far as they did and come back from a poor run, a few more signings, a bit more quality and experience added to the strong side we have and we'll be fine. Throwing away the best manager we've had for a decade and returning to the managerial ****ing merry-go-round is not what we need. It's just not, that should be bleedin obvious to everybody based on our recent history yet some people still just can't see it.

5 of us went up in the car, on the way home I don't think there was a single word spoken between us. We were just in utter shock to what we had witnessed. We were supposed to go down the pub to meet our friends who couldn't get tickets none of us we went we just went straight home. Turned my phone off as I was getting messages from a forest supporting work mate who was taking the piss and I don't think I spoke to anyone that night.

Cardiff even though I was upset I just remember standing looking at the players on the pitch and feeling immensely proud.

Not seen this posted anywhere but 1 year ago to this minute I was sat on my sofa in deep silence (and wasted) inconsolable after events earlier that day. (i also severely dented my fridge freezer and my hand was in bits) The next day I ended up booking a holiday despite not really being able to afford it, I just had to get away from it all. What were you doing 365 days ago to the hour? How did get over what happened?

I have honestly never seen a scene like it with 100s of city fans stood outside the ground, head in hands looking up to the sky, not one word uttered between them whilst the celerations from inside the ground continued from their fans. It was eerie I'll never get over it fully regardless of what's happened since.

It's also 4 years to the day from that night in Cardiff.

Never let a Frenchman take a penalty

10304699_10152043142750686_7220241871367

is he wearing taylor fletchers jeans?

For the first half I was on the Eurostar back from Brussels, then got into a pub near St Pancras for just after the second half kick off. Most people were watching the Tottenham game, but there was a few Leicester fans round the screen showing our game. We had to catch our train back to Leicester at about 5 mins after full time, so when it looked like it was going to extra time we decided we would stay and catch a later train.

Anyway we all know what happened and as soon as it went in we legged it to the station, and it was only when I was sitting in my seat on the train that a solitary tear slowly caressed my cheek and it began to sink in. We were sitting at a table with an American couple and their kids and after a while the woman said "excuse me, I'm sorry but I have to ask what on earth is wrong with you two?" I then had to relive it all again as I explained the whole ordeal, she was like "yeah that is bad"

Then I went to the bar and bought loads of Stellas.

5 of us went up in the car, on the way home I don't think there was a single word spoken between us. We were just in utter shock to what we had witnessed. We were supposed to go down the pub to meet our friends who couldn't get tickets none of us we went we just went straight home. Turned my phone off as I was getting messages from a forest supporting work mate who was taking the piss and I don't think I spoke to anyone that night.

Cardiff even though I was upset I just remember standing looking at the players on the pitch and feeling immensely proud.

Yeh I know, I felt the same.

We had a minibus to Watford. Got lost in the girls grammar school on the way out back to it. A few of us were getting lairy/incredibly angry at each other. One of the younger lads (stupidly) tried to lay the blame on Morgan for allowing Knocky to take the penalty when we saw him at the service station.

I remember nothing of the trip back after that. Conveniently blanked it out.

My dad went for a shit, my grandad was shouting "fvcking shit!" whilst punching the wall, my auntie's boyfriend just sat there in silence and I walked outside just trying to make sense of it all.

My dad went for a shit, my grandad was shouting "fvcking shit!" whilst punching the wall, my auntie's boyfriend just sat there in silence and I walked outside just trying to make sense of it all.

I went for a wee actually! And I didn't mean to give you that rep! Can I remove it?

RCqN8Jv.jpg

I was sat at vicarage road with Ashley at full time.

Not a word was said. Just looking into nothingness, never felt an emptiness like it. Just pure shock I suppose.

Then this happened in November. Celebrated that goal like we'd won the league.

cRIHUWY.jpg

And we did win the ****er lol Now look at us. And him. What a difference a year makes.

rbkdkZP.jpg

Who got the last laugh.

Was absolutely gutted, doubly gutted as it were my birthday!

I was watching with a group of friends who support different teams and always have banter with each other but they knew it was too bad to wind me up. I just walked into the garden and stared at the sky trying to keep it together. A f ew minutes later I came back in to find my girlfriend had left as she was scared I was guna go mad but my friends, to their credit, stayed with me to cheer me up.

I think the last time I felt that bad was when England went out of Euro 96 on penos, Cardiff hurt but it didn't bring me close to tears.

Tried to keep a grasp on my manliness outside a pub and not cry...failed miserably, I to this day still just dont understand how the **** that happened, and will always remember the atmosphere change in the pub, from mad celebrations to pin drop silence.

when they had the break away for the goal, my mrs said "they'll score from this" theres me saying "shut up you mupp.........." then just silence and despair, I didn't speak for about 2 hours, gutted wasn't the word

Was stood on the back row and felt completely numb.

Feeling a bit better today, the fact we've won the league and Watford and their moronic followers (still trying to goad Knockaert) are sitting in mid-table with player/ manager fall-outs is quite nice.

I was leaning against a pillar in a bar in Sofia in complete silence, next to two Burnley fans who didn't know what to say. I knew Knocky would miss, I still have no idea why Nugent didn't take the penalty. As soon as Almunia saved I knew it was over.

Archived