Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dave_the_fox

Nicklas Bendtner

Has played for Arsenal and Juventus, did reasonably well at Sunderland and is prolific for Denmark.

It all depends if he finally wants to put the effort in to become half the player he thinks he is.  He has talent no doubt.  This can sort of transfer can work, I can remember Collymore and Heskey starting up front but obviously Beckford also springs to mind.

There seems to be an assumption that the squad all have to like each other and get on. I disagree. A little bit of an edge and a few tetchy relationships is no bad thing in such a rarefied atmosphere. If he wants to come, (and if we are interested, which I doubt enormously), then as long as he gives it his all on the pitch, his character will not upset anyone, adversely. If he wants to give it the BBB without giving the effort to match, that would be different. But from a talent perspective, is there anyone we could conceivably sign that offers more?

James Sharpe â€@TheSharpeEnd 10m

I've also added into that story that the links with Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner are also wide of the mark. #lcfc

The guy's got a questionable attitude and, injuries excluded, has failed to deliver on numerous occasions.

He's more convincing, but even less entertaining with this off-the-pitch antics.

I'd steer well clear of Nicklas Bendtner.

"how do you envisage to continue your career?'

'Real Madrid or Barcelona,' said the self-proclaimed 'greatest striker in the world'.

He is CRAP! Id rather stick :lei1: up top!

24 in 56 for Denmark according to Wikipedia, that's an excellent return for someone who plays primarily as a lone striker. He is not as bad as some of you are making out. He has, however, lost his way in recent years. No doubt about it. I would be happy if he signed, but would be worried about some of you ****** who would write him off before he even started.

24 in 56 for Denmark according to Wikipedia, that's an excellent return for someone who plays primarily as a lone striker. He is not as bad as some of you are making out. He has, however, lost his way in recent years. No doubt about it. I would be happy if he signed, but would be worried about some of you ****** who would write him off before he even started.

If he signed I wouldn't be happy about but would get behind him nonetheless as I don't believe in booing/abuse of your own players etc. I wouldn't be happy about it because his tarnished reputation goes before him and he comes with excessive attitude baggage. Whilst your point stands about his international track record he has still failed time after time at club level. People who are unhappy about it are not writing him off, but I - and I'm sure many others - think we could do a lot better than Bendtner for footballing ability and attitude. Dosn't change the fact that I would not write him off if he signed. But we could do a LOT better.

Without being entirely certain, I think he might be the sort of player who thrives on being the 'star' of the team. When he plays for Denmark, he knows everyone is relying on him to do the business and it seems to pay dividends as he puts in some great performances. I remember the 2-2 against Italy last year, where he single-handedly almost sent Denmark to the World Cup. However, there's no hiding behind the fact that he's been utter garbage for Arsenal, but IF he signs for us, I wouldn't immediately say it's a poor signing. I'd be optimistic that he'd be willing to focus on his football and hopefully kick-start his career again. On his day, he can be a real handful. Let's wait and see how this one pans out.

I would be over the moon with this. For everything anyone says about him, he has talent and loads of it.

If we were to sign him (which I honestly doubt is going to happen), he'll bag 20 for us. The amount of chances we create, someone like this would have a field day.

Archived