Steven Posted 9 July 2014 Posted 9 July 2014 Leicester City boss Nigel Pearson will not rule out marquee signing http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Leicester-City-boss-Nigel-Pearson-rule-marquee/story-21346587-detail/story.html Leicester City manager Nigel Pearson has not ruled out making a marquee signing this summer. However, the City boss said reports the club are prepared to spend big in the Premier League are untrue. Reports emanating from Thailand in May quoted owner and chairman Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha as telling a press conference in Bangkok he wanted City to be challenging in the top six of the Premier League within three years, and that it would require an investment of £180million. Pearson was also at the conference and said the reports were not true, and he was in no rush to spend big this summer. So far, City have brought in three new faces in goalkeeper Ben Hamer, defender Matt Upson and midfielder Marc Albrighton, all on free transfers. But Pearson said he could bring in two more this summer and would not rule out paying a big transfer fee. City have had three bids rejected for Brighton striker Leonardo Ulloa, with the south coast club slapping a £10million price tag on their Argentine forward. "Clearly for us the goal is to ensure that we can be competitive in the Premier League," said Pearson. "To do that, you have to invest money and we have invested money. "It may not always be as visible to people as they may like, but we will continue to do business in a way which we feel is right for us. "That means if players are available that we feel are right for us, I know we have the ability to achieve a certain amount of success in that regard. "I keep hearing about stories on how much money we have to spend, and there has been some real rubbish written about us and how much money we are going to throw at it. "I was at the press conference and sat next to the owners. When they saw the transcript of what was quoted, they were as mystified as I was. "We will invest our money into the squad in the way we always have. "We have had one or two targets we have missed out on, but we have not broadcast that. One or two of those players may have cost us some money. "The money won't burn a hole in our pockets. We will add the right players when the opportunity presents itself. "I am not going to rule out us signing either a marquee player or a player who is going to cost us a lot of money, but it depends on the circumstances and the availability."
PAPA LAZAROU Posted 9 July 2014 Posted 9 July 2014 Rough translation ---- We don't have anywhere near the amount of money our daft owners shouted about in public. I wish they would shut up, as all that silly boasting has done is hike any players I want out of the equation because they think they can ask for silly wages. I've already lost two great signings because of this and I'm finding it hard to get anyone of quality through the doors. But bare with me and I shall see if there are any more free transfers or someone that is going to be a gamble at say 5 million.
lgfualol Posted 9 July 2014 Posted 9 July 2014 This story translates to "we have nothing to write about"
Devonfox1884 Posted 9 July 2014 Posted 9 July 2014 We've been linked to Delort again.Where??Edit: just found the article in the other thread.
Miquel The Work Geordie Posted 9 July 2014 Posted 9 July 2014 But Pearson said he could bring in two more this summer Such a poorly written piece, it can't just be me that can't find where Pearson actually says the above quote? Missing out on one or two targets doesn't equate to - "I could bring in two more this summer." Taken out of context a little.
foxoffderby Posted 9 July 2014 Posted 9 July 2014 Who is the player we've missed out on? Barry perhaps?
ozleicester Posted 9 July 2014 Posted 9 July 2014 Such a poorly written piece, it can't just be me that can't find where Pearson actually says the above quote? Missing out on one or two targets doesn't equate to - "I could bring in two more this summer." Taken out of context a little. Im pretty sure thats all been written from the Stringer/BBC interview on Monday, basically, the journo taped the show and rewrote the Stringers work.
Finnaldo Posted 9 July 2014 Posted 9 July 2014 Maybe we'll hijack Stoke's Ronaldinho deal But seriously, is he still any good?
Stadt Posted 9 July 2014 Posted 9 July 2014 Maybe we'll hijack Stoke's Ronaldinho deal But seriously, is he still any good? He's been a bit if a parody of himself, he got caught knocking one out in public.
Finnaldo Posted 9 July 2014 Posted 9 July 2014 He's been a bit if a parody of himself, he got caught knocking one out in public. Seriously? but I was thinking more on footballing ability?
Fox Ulike Posted 9 July 2014 Posted 9 July 2014 I find it quite hard to believe that Pearson would even use the term "a marquee player". It seems to go completely against his philosophy of a strong team ethic...
Jace Posted 9 July 2014 Posted 9 July 2014 I wouldn't want Ronaldinho here signings like that never work out only reason I wanted us to sign Egar Fookin Davids before was because everything was shite anyway playing in the Championship
me_plus_one Posted 9 July 2014 Posted 9 July 2014 On the Football Forum, Person mentions "marquee signing" in the audio. http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p021hvw8 Go to 04:50
Fox Ulike Posted 9 July 2014 Posted 9 July 2014 On the Football Forum, Person mentions "marquee signing" in the audio. http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p021hvw8 Go to 04:50 So he does. I can only assume though that he's saying he's not ruling out a "Marquis signing". I'm here all week folks.
MozeyCo Posted 9 July 2014 Posted 9 July 2014 Now that Swansea are interested in Gylfi Sigurdsson, and the spurs havent said no yet, I would love him at our club. He has experience, and a wonder shot. The only reason he wasnt consistent last year was due to sherwood benching him too much. I cant imagine him costing more than £6.5-7mil Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Trav Le Bleu Posted 9 July 2014 Posted 9 July 2014 This story translates to "we have nothing to write about" Yes, bit of a non-story really that tells us what we all know, that Pearson will spend any money available wisely.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.