Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

Slimani

Doesn't seem like he has the sort of attitude NP looks for.

I think he's more determined to move now as the Chairman/President of Lisbon kept moving the goalposts whilst he was in negotiations and getting his hopes up.

Sporting Lisbon Trabzonspor takes action to Slimani

August 16, 2014  cridania  Football News , Football  0

Next to leave Sporting Lisbon, Islam Slimani (26) continues to record new requests for his card. The Algerian striker really like to Leicester City, who offered a salary of around one million Euros, but Trabzonspor not give in and submitted an official offer of eight million euro at Sporting to make sure the former Belouizdad: l ' engagement proposed to the striker about 900 thousand euro, but could be increased in the short to overcome the competition from England. This was reported in the online edition of the head Lusitanian Record.

I'm old enough to remember her parents. Old Ma Rez and her Dad, the boxer; what did they used to call him? Knockout or something...

I was once leicesters 2nd best boxer. 100 fights. Came 2nd every time. What struck me most, was the distance from the ring to the changing room. Thank god I never had to walk back!

I was once leicesters 2nd best boxer. 100 fights. Came 2nd every time. What struck me most, was the distance from the ring to the changing room. Thank god I never had to walk back!

lol

I heard that what struck you most was Leicester's 1st best boxer.

And via Google Translate:

According to a report in the newspaper Fotomaç; Algerian area of ​​400 thousand euros from Sporting Lisbon striker year, 200 thousand euros and the separation time did not accept the offer gave the signal. Portuguese press, Leicester City's 8 million euro transfer fee for a player Trabzonspor striker has offered the same figures suggest that the Lisbon and wait for a response, he wrote. Islam Slimania two teams proposed annual fee of 900 thousand euro took place in the detail of the news.

Just a rehash of the previous news?

There are reports coming out of Portugal that the future of Sporting Lisbon forward Islam Slimani should be sorted soon with the likely outcome that the player will leave the club. The Algerian international has been linked with a move to Leicester City in the couple of few weeks.

Portuguese newspaper Record have reported today that the situation with Slimani has not been resolved by the club. The player is currently training on his own for discipline reasons and there is no sign of him joining the rest of the squad any time soon. The same punishment was given to Argentine Marcos Rojo only last week which eventually resulted in the defender joining Manchester United.

It has been claimed that Sporting Lisbon are already looking to life without Slimani and have started to look at a replacement to bring in. With there only be 12 days left of the summer transfer window the Portuguese side are becoming nervous about the situation and therefore they will be open to discuss any proposals that come in for him.

Only days ago The Daily Mirror reported that Leicester had increased their bid to £6m to land the Algerian. The newly promoted Premier League side had originally tabled a bid £4m but this was turned down by Sporting Lisbon. The Portuguese side are currently going through financial difficulties and therefore want to get as much money as they can for one of their prized assets. Leicester will have to act quickly on a deal because after his performances in the World Cup this summer a number of clubs are interested in signing him.

Honestly, Slimani is a player that's in a weird position. From what i've been reading he might be on the exit but he will be leaving a CL team.. which is odd.

But he's a player that has defied all expectation. When he first came into the squad we thought he'd be a player that would be there for a couple of games.. turns out to be our top scorer. Then, when he went off to lisbon a lot thought he wouldn't cope with European football after only being in the amateur algerian division four years prior to the move. He turns out to score 10 goals and 4 assists in about 16 games(1435 minutes of game play).

Then at the world cup he had some doubters on whether or not he could finish on the big stage... he scores two goals and bags an assist.

He works incredibly hard and deserves any and all plaudits he has received. He presses the ball very well and can head the ball very very well. His weaknesses however are that for his size.. he can be shrugged off the ball a little too easily at times. His link up play is on or off and his finishing from his feet can be suspect at times. But if you guys get him, you're certainly getting a player that will do his best every time he's on the pitch. I don't think he's ever shown a lack of will power or passion.

from an Algerian fan

Archived