Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

Slimani

ok I am normally optimistic and maybe I am just tired from looking at the Cambiasso thread all the time with nothing happening, but at the speed we seem to sign players if we get either one I'd be happy right now ... but I'm beginning to wonder if we'll sign anyone the rate we are going...

What in 3 or 4 games?

His record is very ordinary

According to the Algerian follower that used to post on here he's really highly thought of at both club and international level, though.

Wikipedia stats don't tell the entire story, let's not be naiive here; he wasn't first choice when the 13/14 season began at Sporting (according to reports) so I'm sure plenty of those appearances were from the bench. A much better stat to look at (if you want to form opinions on a striker's goal scoring rate) would be minutes per goal, surely?

According to the Guardian's preview of him before the World Cup he's come on leaps and bounds over the past season or so thanks to Halihodzic. I'd be really excited if we pulled this off.

According to the Algerian follower that used to post on here he's really highly thought of at both club and international level, though.

Wikipedia stats don't tell the entire story, let's not be naiive here; he wasn't first choice when the 13/14 season began at Sporting (according to reports) so I'm sure plenty of those appearances were from the bench. A much better stat to look at (if you want to form opinions on a striker's goal scoring rate) would be minutes per goal, surely?

According to the Guardian's preview of him before the World Cup he's come on leaps and bounds over the past season or so thanks to Halihodzic. I'd be really excited if we pulled this off.

Yeah I'd like him to sign because he's like a hybrid of our current front line but is he a "much better player than Deeney" because "he had a very good world cup"? I don't think that's a fair statement at all.

Don't know if this has been posted (TalkSport)  ...

Leicester City have bid £6.5m for Sport Lisbon striker Islam Slimani, according to reports in Portugal.

Slimani impressed for Algeria at this summer’s World Cup, scoring two goals and helping his country reach the last-16 for the first time in their history.

The 26-year-old only joined Sporting last summer, netting eight goals during his first season with the Portuguese club.

However, according to O Jogo, Leicester have now tabled a £6.5m offer for the striker in an attempt to lure him to the Premier League.

Slimani is keen on a move to the Premier League, with West Ham also reportedly interested in the hitman.

His determination to leave has angered Sporting Lisbson president Bruno de Carvalho, but that is not likely to prevent his exit.

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/leicester-launch-ps65m-move-sporting-lisbon-striker-140814107667#XXCcG7jikbsZbpiK.99

Watched his goals from last year, 3 goals with his feet I think, a couple very scruffy and the rest with his head.

Clearly with him and Ulloa we are looking to bombard teams with crosses.

We we successful like that in the premier league before.

I guess we are not going to out football 2 thirds of the league.

Watched his goals from last year, 3 goals with his feet I think, a couple very scruffy and the rest with his head.

I did the same, he looks great at moving and meeting the ball from crosses so could give us something extra at set-pieces, too.

However I was never quite sure whether or not it was the delivery or how we attacked set pieces last season (and the one before that). Needs addressing at both ends.

I do hope we're not changing our style of play, there's no good reason to.

me too

I am wondering with all the strikers we keep being linked with if Pearson plans to play a very attacking formation against the teams that are considered the weaker half of the league

There is that kind of split where the league becomes about those pushing for Europe and those avoiding the drop.

Archived