Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RizLCFC

Chris Wood

I think he is probably one of the best finishers we have. Where he lacks is in his aerial ability and pace.  Work rate is good.

Not bad as a fourth choice striker and could still improve. In saying that, I still wouldn't turn down chance to get another striker in though

If we'd have offered the wages he wanted he'd already be gone.

the player said himself he didn't want to leave and never wanted to and if you made any offer you didn't have permission as no fee was agreed so enjoy the transfer ban ...

It is irrelevant you're right. What I will say is that it's not surprising he would turn down dropping a division when he wasn't guaranteed to be first choice at Wolves either. And why would he when he could stay and have that at Leicester or move to another Championship club where he would be first choice and play every week?

Oh and I got it from two separate people who are reliable with this sort of info.

I'll leave it alone now, sorry.

It is irrelevant you're right. What I will say is that it's not surprising he would turn down dropping a division when he wasn't guaranteed to be first choice at Wolves either. And why would he when he could stay and have that at Leicester or move to another Championship club where he would be first choice and play every week?

Oh and I got it from two separate people who are reliable with this sort of info.

I'll leave it alone now, sorry.

He had no intention of leaving, the clubs agreed the fee, they had permission to speak to him, but he wasn't interested in dropping to a team outside the Prem so was never going to happen, that is a fact mate I can guarantee it

He had no intention of leaving, the clubs agreed the fee, they had permission to speak to him, but he wasn't interested in dropping to a team outside the Prem so was never going to happen, that is a fact mate I can guarantee it

Probably why he asked for such a high wage.

The reported fee for Wood was ridiculous - I really do wonder about Leicester's valuation department! Anyway, I'm hoping Saturday's goal gets people at the club to take him more seriously and that the attitude he showed against Everton is mirrored in every game.  Wood can be frustrating but he clearly has talent and a goal instinct. If he's willing to learn he could be a big asset.  

Interesting that he credited work he'd done with Phillips in his post match interview. It was definitely the sort of calm, cross keeper shot you'd expect KP to be working with the strikers on. You could see a bit of this in some of Vardy's work last season. I can only imagine Schlupp has missed these sessions now he's a defender!

Play him into form and we'll have a competent Premier League striker.

Yet NFP has stated he wants another striker, do we have room for 5 strikers in a 25?

As you say he needs to. E played into form, just can't see him getting a run if we have Vardy, Ulloa, Nugent and ANother after 2 positions.

He's a frustrating player because it's quite clear he's very clinical at finishing. It's been his limitations in other aspects of the game that have led to his struggles to force his way in to our team last season, Vardy and Nugent were simply too good at playing the way we as a team are best suited to. It's interesting that his best bits of play for Leicester have come from off the bench in the last season, whenever he started matches he looked out of sorts. I'm glad he wants to stay though, he's a confidence player and a couple of goals early on could see him kick on, i'm still so unsure on him.

He's a frustrating player because it's quite clear he's very clinical at finishing. It's been his limitations in other aspects of the game that have led to his struggles to force his way in to our team last season, Vardy and Nugent were simply too good at playing the way we as a team are best suited to. It's interesting that his best bits of play for Leicester have come from off the bench in the last season, whenever he started matches he looked out of sorts. I'm glad he wants to stay though, he's a confidence player and a couple of goals early on could see him kick on, i'm still so unsure on him.

Still unsure myself, great finish but his first touch a few minutes before that saw him lose control of the ball and situation.

If we sign another striker I think he'll be gone.

The reported fee for Wood was ridiculous - I really do wonder about Leicester's valuation department! Anyway, I'm hoping Saturday's goal gets people at the club to take him more seriously and that the attitude he showed against Everton is mirrored in every game. Wood can be frustrating but he clearly has talent and a goal instinct. If he's willing to learn he could be a big asset.

I agree with you there Thrac. Would go further. He is obv a confidence player with loads of natural talent. Would love lcfc to offer a modest raise in a new contract, put an arm round his shoulder, show him he is valued and trusted within the squad and watch him go from strength to strength.

Potentially save us over 10m in fee and wages on other strikers.

Wood showing a desire, and having just scored, will probably give Nigel more confidence to not get screwed over the value of a potential new striker. It don't mean he won't get one.

Wood can also learn from Ulloa, as well as Phillips. He needs to learn how to put his weight around as well as improving his finishing.

Archived