Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RizLCFC

Chris Wood

Wolverhampton Wanderers are ready to end their pursuit ofLeicester City striker Chris Wood after failing to reach an agreement. Wolves lodged an official bid for the New Zealand international but talks have broken down and they will now turn their attention elsewhere.

Sky Sports.

He is entitled to stay and fight for his place. If he has the self confidence to do so then that's great but if we sign deeney and NP makes it plain that he is 6th pick then there is little point in him staying.

little point in him staying other than we pay him more tha he is being offered.

I think he won't leave. He genuinely seems to like it here, and why wouldn't he? He is probably on a fair wage, has an opportunity to prove himself in the big league and in a very well balanced team with a great management set up. His chance will come. I personally have faith he will seize it, as he gave us glimpses of in his few opportunities to do so last season. Stay, Crissy W <3

Pearson says he wants to stay and fight for his place, Nige is happy with that, he'll stay now.

Nige is happy for him stay at present, but if/when we sign another striker and Wood isn't even on the bench, I think Wood may realise his future is not at Leicester.

I'd be happy if Wood stayed.

even if we don't get a new striker, I wound't be too against it.

We have Ulloa and by the looks of it we're looking at a similar type of striker. Give wood his chance I say! 

then if we need to buy another in Jan.

If we are looking at another striker, maybe another pacey striker would be worth it.

I'm not convinced by Wood but credit where it is due - I thought he really put himself about when he got his chance yesterday. For once, he genuinely looked like he belongs on that huge frame! Maybe he thrives on being under pressure? But let's not forget he has had 'moments' before when he has looked class. We need someone who can offer it regularly. As with anyone who pulls on our shirt, I hope he can make it with us. Time will tell.

I'm not convinced by Wood but credit where it is due - I thought he really put himself about when he got his chance yesterday. For once, he genuinely looked like he belongs on that huge frame! Maybe he thrives on being under pressure? But let's not forget he has had 'moments' before when he has looked class. We need someone who can offer it regularly. As with anyone who pulls on our shirt, I hope he can make it with us. Time will tell.

It's difficult to do it regularly when you're not playing regularly. He averaged about a goal every two games the season he joined us in January and had 20 in the Championship that year. Not just that but for a good stretch, before we decided to start hoofing the ball up to him every chance we got, he played very well. Last season was a bit stop start for him, and rightly so as the Nugent/Vardy partnership was superb, but Chris still did fairly well in some important games against strong opposition. He's only 22 years old and he's got a really very strong record in the Championship when he starts regularly. Selling him to Wolves, for the fee being talked about, would have been a complete disaster (and yes I was saying this weeks ago).

It's difficult to do it regularly when you're not playing regularly. He averaged about a goal every two games the season he joined us in January and had 20 in the Championship that year. Not just that but for a good stretch, before we decided to start hoofing the ball up to him every chance we got, he played very well. Last season was a bit stop start for him, and rightly so as the Nugent/Vardy partnership was superb, but Chris still did fairly well in some important games against strong opposition. He's only 22 years old and he's got a really very strong record in the Championship when he starts regularly. Selling him to Wolves, for the fee being talked about, would have been a complete disaster (and yes I was saying this weeks ago).

But it wasn't scoring regularly that was / is my issue. It's the effort/ mobility / touch / impact. Even just coming in for cameo roles, I would expect some of those elements to be of a much higher level than they were for large parts of last season. The 'finishing' piece is the one part of his game I feel could well be good enough. Personally, I absolutely believe we need one more quality striker and I can't then see Wood being more than fifth choice. A decent twenty minutes isn't enough to convince me otherwise, but I'd love him to.

But it wasn't scoring regularly that was / is my issue. It's the effort/ mobility / touch / impact. Even just coming in for cameo roles, I would expect some of those elements to be of a much higher level than they were for large parts of last season. The 'finishing' piece is the one part of his game I feel could well be good enough. Personally, I absolutely believe we need one more quality striker and I can't then see Wood being more than fifth choice. A decent twenty minutes isn't enough to convince me otherwise, but I'd love him to.

Totally agree and at 22 effort and mobility should be high. I accept he can work on his touch. I've never doubted his ability to finish, but far too often he appears lethargic and out of the game. I'd like him to stay and develop under Phillips' stewardship as I think he has something to offer that can be enhanced.

Wood will score goals, he's a fantastic finisher. It's where he fits into the team that it the crucial part. Vardy scored goals, Nugent scored goals last season but their style, the pressing, the link-up was instrumental in how we played as it gave the midfield real help.

Wood seemed fired up with a point to prove and we didn't lose shape when he came on.

I'm personally really pleased for Wood. His attitude is spot on and as a manager is the sort of player and character round the club. He came across very well in his post match interview and he has the respect of Pearson.

I want him to stay with us. He seems to have the same attitude as Dyer did when he was here (gutted he left) which is not a bad thing at all.

Pearson is right - you need to have the ability and attitude to succeed and its good to see that Pearson makes attitude an important attribute.

Archived