Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RizLCFC

Chris Wood

I really dont believe there is a big difference between Deeney and Wood so for me to sell Wood for 2m then sign Deeney for 10m would be POOR business plus Deeney is older. Wood is still young and time to improve but we as supporters dont always give players enough time (Vardy and Drinkwater spring to mind)

you don't see the difference between a striker that was third choice at best last season for us to a striker who scored more than all our strikers last season in a poor Watford team....

Deeney's goal record in the Championship is the best around as he has done it back to back in two seasons.

you don't see the difference between a striker that was third choice at best last season for us to a striker who scored more than all our strikers last season in a poor Watford team....

Deeney's goal record in the Championship is the best around as he has done it back to back in two seasons.

Deeney is decent but he has a few years on Wood and at that price its poor business.

Maybe at this moment, he's the better player but Wood was superb when he first signed for us. Unfortuantely injuries and the form of Vardy/Nugent has somewhat halted his progress.

Personally i'd look to maybe loan Wood and look elsewhere for a striker. Deeney at 10m is a joke

Yeah becuase they got an extraordinary offer.

Wood isn't valuable to us as he is to Peterborough.

They get a few of them,someone at Peterborough knows how to do cracking business at getting excellent fees.Gayle the season before.

Saw Peterborough a few times last year and Britt Assombalonga was poor,although the team wasn't playing to his strengths on those days ,and he obviously had better days looking at his goal scoring record ,but what Forest paid was way OTT in my opinion.Hope he has a few more dodgy days then.

Always thought this would be difficult. Wood will not be offered a package better than he is currently getting.

So no real incentive for him to leave unless Pearson tells him he will rot in the reserves.

If Deeney coming in is down to Wood going out, Wood holds the cards.

I can understand him wanting to try and make a fist of it here.

• 21:05

Wolves face competition from several Championship rivals for Leicester City striker Chris Wood. Norwich, Derby and Fulham are all keen on the New Zealand international with Wolves already making an approach for the forward.

A bidding war would be ideal (from SkySports btw).

• 21:05

Wolves face competition from several Championship rivals for Leicester City striker Chris Wood. Norwich, Derby and Fulham are all keen on the New Zealand international with Wolves already making an approach for the forward.

A bidding war would be ideal (from SkySports btw).

Lovely jubbly. :D

Mixed feelings on this one.  When he first arrived, he was a machine, but then that lost momentum and it's hard to see what he brings to a team, and even harder now we are in the Prem.

Tempted to see how he does on season long loan at Wolves before sell him and year down the line, he is top scorer in the Champ and worth 8million etc....

Mixed feelings on this one.  When he first arrived, he was a machine, but then that lost momentum and it's hard to see what he brings to a team, and even harder now we are in the Prem.

Tempted to see how he does on season long loan at Wolves before sell him and year down the line, he is top scorer in the Champ and worth 8million etc....

Very good point. If the likes of ulloa, Deeney and McCormack are commanding these fees after a good season then there isn't a reason wood can't

Yep fell through earlier today. Nitty gritty bits of detail couldn't be agreed between all parties. Chris has decided to stay for the time being. Others clubs appeared interested though.

Think Chris might be holding out for a better offer tbh. Maybe Derby or Norwich might offer him that?

Jacket is quoted as saying he couldn't agree a fee or terms with club or player. BBC Sport article, WW v Northampton.

I was told Chris Wood is on 8K a week - promotion clause in contract boosts his wages to 12K per week - I'm assuming he'll fancy that and try and take his chance if it comes.

Archived