Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RizLCFC

Chris Wood

I've never been Wood's biggest fan. But I now have the utmost respect for him. Wanting to stay and fight for his place is refreshing in this day of many footballers being complete money-grabbing bar stewards. Good on you Chris.. I now hope this talk of Deeney can finish and Wood get the chance I believe he's earnt.

Even though, allegedly, he turned Wolves down as they weren't offering enough dosh ?? Welcome back.

Cheers Trent. And I didn't know that. My point remains however. He could have gone to Wolves, probably earnt a similarish wage to being at City? Played as one of their main strikers, but chose to stay at a Prem side and compete. I like that. If, of course, it was solely about money, I take it back... lol

• 2 weeks later...

Can't see Wood getting much action here although I'm still not sure how good he is. Others seem to have specific strengths which almost demand a place in the team or as a first choice sub.

Wood remains a bit nebulous apart from his ability to plunder a goal every so often and Pearson, quite rightly, needs more from his strikeforce than that.

We really do have to defend from the front while we establish ourselves and people like Vardy and Nugent do that whether they're scoring or not. Ulloa is just such a big bonus, not just with his ability to score but also in defending set pieces at the other end. Wood's good but just doesn't seem to have a roll he'd get chosen for very often.      

We'll be judging it on what ipshit want for mcgoldrick and therefore will want 10mill minimum!

Spot on !  - 7M for MacArthur (27) - 8M for McGoldprick (26) - 10M for Deeney (26)  = 10M Wood (22).  Do people think we are seen as Mugs by most Clubs?

Archived