Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RizLCFC

Chris Wood

I would hate to see Chris leave. Truly think we could live to regret.

Unfortunately for us, Chris seems to be on far less wages than the other 3 strikers at the club, and for me has far more potential as a premiership striker than nuge.

Think obv other clubs have picked up on this, and cos nuge is on big wages and less potential at this level, Chris is the one to go if nige wants that extra quality striker in today.

Those saying £10m for him? lol

What has he done to be compared to the other strikers in that list? He's not even close to having the same goalscoring record and he's been injured a lot. And he's our 4th choice striker unlike the others who are all first choice.

I'm not sure some of you know what value in a footballer actually equates to.

Hmmm He's our 4th choice striker atm, so we need to be bringing in someone to seriously challenge the other 3 for a starting place if we're going to sell.

Part of me thinks we've not quite seen the best of Wood. I'd like him to stay but if we're getting somebody better it makes sense for him to move on.

Nugent's goal chance against Chelsea and Ulloa's chance yesterday against Arsenal were exactly the same chance Wood  got against Everton. Yet Wood was the only one to score.

I prefer to see Wood as one for the future and would like him to stay with us. Working with KP he'll be a great striker in another year.

Nugent's goal chance against Chelsea and Ulloa's chance yesterday against Arsenal were exactly the same chance Wood got against Everton. Yet Wood was the only one to score.

I prefer to see Wood as one for the future and would like him to stay with us. Working with KP he'll be a great striker in another year.

Ulloa mad the chance he missed yesterday, Wood would have lost the ball with his first touch.

Ulloa mad the chance he missed yesterday, Wood would have lost the ball with his first touch.

Jesus Christ we don't know who would've done what, and it's all irrelevant.

Back on topic clearly Pearson is happy for Wood to fight for his spot and not going to sell unless a team meets our valuation.

Seems Wood is staying put (unless I've missed something here!) Very relieved, we have four capable strikers, no need for a fifth really.

Lawrence I suppose is going to be used predominantly as a winger, whereas Powell will obviously provide competition to Drinky.

What a time to be an LCFC fan!

Yeah I think so. Seem to very rarely make profit on players. Should change with current crop though

The main reason we rarely make profit on players is because we haven't sold a player we wanted to keep for a long time. This makes a huge difference to the player's price. We've only been selling unwanted players for a long while now.

I think you're right about the current team. Can you imagine what kind of money a player like Drinkwater, Vardy or Mahrez would fetch in this market?

I do hope that perhaps the buzz and the finale of some uncertainty will allow Wood to keep his head down and challenge for a place in the starting line-up. Though can't he still go out on loan to a Championship club at this stage? I've forgotten the rules already  :blush:

Yes Spherical.

Their loan window doesn't expire for ages. May even be well into the New Year.

Hence why we were always at an advantage if we didn't get people in permanently on Deadline Day. However, I think it's best to get a core team together.

Yes Spherical.

Their loan window doesn't expire for ages. May even be well into the New Year.

Hence why we were always at an advantage if we didn't get people in permanently on Deadline Day. However, I think it's best to get a core team together.

Actually, it closes at the same time as the transfer window, but then it re-opens shortly afterwards. The first loan window starts a week after deadline day on August 31 and lasts until the fourth Thursday in November. The other one starts a week after the January transfer window and runs until the fourth Thursday in March.

Actually, it closes at the same time as the transfer window, but then it re-opens shortly afterwards. The first loan window starts a week after deadline day on August 31 and lasts until the fourth Thursday in November. The other one starts a week after the January transfer window and runs until the fourth Thursday in March.

I knew there was a two week-ish gap from when the Summer transfer window closes, but couldn't work it out. So if a team still is after Wood, I wouldn't begrudge him a loan until Jan, and hopefully he'll come back fit, positive, in form, and raring to push into the team for the toughest part of our season.

he's still the back up for Ulloa but I see him as our no.5 striker who is willing to fight to get in the team - that's not so bad for us

I would have thought he'd be No. 4 - Ulloa, Nugent, Vardy, Wood ?  Who'd you have in front of him FIF - surely not Lawrence (yet), Powell (attacking midfielder) or GTF (I don't know what he is !) !?

I would have thought he'd be No. 4 - Ulloa, Nugent, Vardy, Wood ?  Who'd you have in front of him FIF - surely not Lawrence (yet), Powell (attacking midfielder) or GTF (I don't know what he is !) !?

I see Powell as an "in the slot" player where Nuge is now, so I put him as no.5. In essence the only position Wood can seemingly be placed is where Ulloa plays and if Ulloa had to miss a game or two I think Vardy and Nuge would be the replacements meaning that Wood is probably no.4 (at the moment) for the only position he's going to play for us.

I don't think that Wood makes the bench now so he'd benefit from a couple of months loan to Wolves.

Archived