Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Alex_LCFC

Troy Deeney

Jesus I hope nobody on here ever does anything wrong and would like a second chance.

I know some perfectly nice people who have got into a scrape at some point in their life, paid for it and regretted it.

The guy seems to have applied himself considerably since his release, as far as I know he was in no trouble before and hasn't been since. When I've seen him play he's been excellent, very strong, great control and a real handful.

So ****ing average. Please Nigel no.

All this hype and hope over a genius scouting network, all the pomp about signing leftfield targets.

What does that make all the strikers we currently have then?

Perhaps these players weren't available or interested bigger clubs than ourselves.

What the fvck is going on? Nigel send your scouts abroad and bring in some sodding talent

The stupid thing is, if we were signing someone from the french second division with his recent record people would be wanking themselves silly.

Jesus I hope nobody on here ever does anything wrong and would like a second chance.

I know some perfectly nice people who have got into a scrape at some point in their life, paid for it and regretted it.

The guy seems to have applied himself considerably since his release, as far as I know he was in no trouble before and hasn't been since. When I've seen him play he's been excellent, very strong, great control and a real handful.

This. Vardy hasn't got the most glorious past

This.   nobody will let me forget the donkey molesting conviction.. without knowing the details..  we were all over the age of consent...where's the harm? 

The stupid thing is, if we were signing someone from the french second division with his recent record people would be wanking themselves silly.

Exactly.

6.5M or whatever is a bit much but he'd no doubt be a top player. He's such a handful, just like Ulloa. I'd be happy to have the pair of them here tbh.

I think we have a lot of hipster type fans, it's either fancy named foreigners who are a massive risk or proven Premier League goalscorers which aren't going to come to us at this point in time for the sorts of money we are offering. 

Exactly.

6.5M or whatever is a bit much but he'd no doubt be a top player. He's such a handful, just like Ulloa. I'd be happy to have the pair of them here tbh.

I think we have a lot of hipster type fans, it's either fancy named foreigners who are a massive risk or proven Premier League goalscorers which aren't going to come to us at this point in time for the sorts of money we are offering.

Yup... If we'd spent £6.5m and 50/60k a week on Jelavic people would be happy. Despite a rather average record in the top flight.

Players like Deeney and Ulloa shouldn't really be costing you more than £5m, but the transfer landscape has changed.

£8.5m fees for league one players like Rhodes and £11m for McCormack show that.

I love all the talk about troy deaney being a big time charlie, being a w@nker etc. on what basis?

yet none of you have ever spoke to him most of you are going on that he scored a goal in the final seconds against us and ran around like a lunatic, So what, any player would do the exact same if we did the same to them. 

so much bitchiness its unbelievable

Similar to the Vardy to Southampton story this is just info that's coming out weeks after initial enquiries were made. Brighton playing hardball over Ulloa was a factor in this but Nigel's now got his number 1 target so nothing in this story now. Ulloa deal done, should be confirmed officially tomorrow

I actually thought he came across really well when they beat us in the playoff semi, spoke very highly of the Leicester fans at the time.

I'd love to see to see him here, he's a cracking player and if he were to cost us 6.5 mill that would be good business imho.

Having said all of that, I'd rather we signed an LB than another striker.

Do people actually 'wank themselves silly' over our signings? Rather an unpleasant thought.

You don't know anyone that has done what he's done only to walk back into their dream job to earn a fortune. Just saying.

You don't know anyone that has done what he's done only to walk back into their dream job to earn a fortune. Just saying.

Actually I know two people who did exactly what he did, spending time in prison for it also.

I'm not sure what his employment in football has anything to do with not deserving a second chance?

Archived