Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
maddog

Arsenal Pre-Match thread (+poll)

Optimeter The Gunners (H)   

422 members have voted

1. 1. First PL win of season?

He almost cost us a goal at Chelsea when he misjudged a high ball. It went sailing over his head and put them in a great position. Left back was the one area I was sure we would strengthen in over the summer. Seems I was wrong

you serious!!!!..... how many top defenders run under high balls, natural part of the game, not a reason to crucify a guy.

How many run of the mill mistakes do you make in your proffesional day.I BET you forgot already how many good things

KONCH did in the last 2 games, but consider not worth mentioning.

Give all the players a 6-8 game run, especially now we know have fixtures at the beginning that would test even a consolidated PL team. Analysing ever mistake only turns your hair grey and makes one a miserable so n so.

3-5-1-1

Schmeichel

Moore - Morgan - Konchesky

Cambiasso

Albrighton - King - Hammond - Mahrez

Ulloa

Vardy

They've got limited options upfront without Giroud, so pack the midfield and leave 3 centre-backs with Cambiasso covering, to hopefully restrict them to shots from distance. Then hit them on a quick break with a long ball to Ulloa, brings it down for Vardy to run in behind.

It's risky playing a different formation, but I think this could work given the opposition. we'd have to be very careful of covering attacks down the wings, though.

Wouldn't be surprised if Cambiasso and/or Vardy aren't ready though, so could see Nugent coming in behind Ulloa or a switch to a 4-4-2 with RDL in for Cambiasso. Schlupp for Mahrez is a possibility too, if we want to be more defensive.

McArthur for Hammond if he signs and is ready.

3-5-1-1

Schmeichel

Cambiasso

Ulloa

Vardy

They've got limited options upfront without Giroud, so pack the midfield and leave 3 centre-backs with Cambiasso covering, to hopefully restrict them to shots from distance. Then hit them on a quick break with a long ball to Ulloa, brings it down for Vardy to run in behind.

It's risky playing a different formation, but I think this could work given the opposition. we'd have to be very careful of covering attacks down the wings, though.

Wouldn't be surprised if Cambiasso and/or Vardy aren't ready though, so could see Nugent coming in behind Ulloa or a switch to a 4-4-2 with RDL in for Cambiasso. Schlupp for Mahrez is a possibility too, if we want to be more defensive.

Camiasso wont be playing as he is nowhere near fit enough yet he hasnt played for a while

3-5-1-1

Schmeichel

Cambiasso

Ulloa

Vardy

Not to be too critical but the formation may work on football manager or in theory but as seen by United, it's difficult to just change formations. As for Konchesky as a 3rd CB?? Stick to what we know. No doubt be a 442 or 4411, however you want to see it. Hope Vardys fit and could see Albrighton starting ahead of Knockaert. Other than that it's as we started against Chelsea.

Kasper

RDL

Moore

Morgan

Konch

Drinkwater(if possible)

King

Hammond

Nugent

Ulloa

Vardy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I quite like that team.  Not sure at home NP plays that formation.  Also interested to see how fit Cambiassio is and what role he could play on Sunday.

Don't think any other new players if completed like McArthur or Simpson make the team just yet.

Seriously need Vardy back and I doubt he will start this game, build him up gradually so at sub a best! Albrighton hopefully is close to a start and switch mahrez to the left hand side and then up front believe it or not I would give Wood a game he seemed like a good outlet in the week! deserves a chance in my opinion. Even if we lose this game which I am not saying we will I hope fan's don't start to panic, got a lot of player's missing and new player's to come in

Hack, on 29 Aug 2014 - 11:51 AM, said:

I quite like that team.  Not sure at home NP plays that formation.  Also interested to see how fit Cambiassio is and what role he could play on Sunday.

Don't think any other new players if completed like McArthur or Simpson make the team just yet.

wondering with all the CM signings / potential signings if Nige is thinking we could play 3 in the middle at times

However I doubt we'll play Arsenal without any of our conventional wingers

Personally I can see us starting with a similar team to that we started with against Chelsea with Drinkwater coming on for a run in the 2nd half if fit - the same with Vardy.

And perhaps around the 80th minute a crowd lifting appearance by a certain player called Cambiasso ...

Same back 4, King, Hammond, Mahrez, Albrighton, Ulloa and Nugent but if Vardy's fit enough for the bench I'd be tempted even to start him ahead of Nugent. I think we've got enough competition for places that - like with Knockaert - if you're not at the top of your game, someone takes your place. If Nugent isn't burying gilt-edged chances, there's 2 or 3 other players who will.

Archived