Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
maddog

Arsenal Pre-Match thread (+poll)

Optimeter The Gunners (H)   

422 members have voted

1. 1. First PL win of season?

Guest LCFC_World

Callum Chambers has just got booked because he came on before the ref had signaled him too...What is the game coming too?!?!?! 

And yes, I believe we can get the win. 

My point was that we've barely seen Albrighton play for Leicester, so I don't see how you can suggest Mahrez deserves to be dropped for him.

There's no way Pearson is leaving Mahrez out on Sunday. Just can't see it happening. Knockaert deserved to be dropped for two reasons

1) He looked off the pace/not fully fit against Everton

2) We can't play both him and Mahrez in the same 11 away from home (or even at home IMO)

There's no justification for dropping Mahrez. He was great against Everton and steady at Chelsea. In fact, the only player to have a shot on target bar Nugent's pathetic miss.

We could debate this till the cows come home then go back out again!?

Will just have to see Sunday afternoon, whoever is playing wings I hope they score and get an assist whether Albright on, Mahrez, McArthur, Schulpp or Super Taylor fletcher :P

I do think 3 games in eight days with two at PL level against Champions League sides may be a little too much for Mahrez to bear considering he does a lot of running. I'm also concerned about Konchesky because he is 10 years older and I believe is our weakest link in the starting 11 - unfortunately we don't have another option there unless we play Jeff who lacks experience.

Will just have to see Sunday afternoon, whoever is playing wings I hope they score and get an assist whether Albright on, Mahrez, McArthur, Schulpp or Super Taylor fletcher :P

I do think 3 games in eight days with two at PL level against Champions League sides may be a little too much for Mahrez to bear considering he does a lot of running. I'm also concerned about Konchesky because he is 10 years older and I believe is our weakest link in the starting 11 - unfortunately we don't have another option there unless we play Jeff who lacks experience.[/quote

I agree Konchesky is our weakest link but he's done ok first couple of games

I do think 3 games in eight days with two at PL level against Champions League sides may be a little too much for Mahrez to bear considering he does a lot of running. I'm also concerned about Konchesky because he is 10 years older and I believe is our weakest link in the starting 11 - unfortunately we don't have another option there unless we play Jeff who lacks experience.[/quote

I agree Konchesky is our weakest link but he's done ok first couple of games

Yeah he's done okay but at 33 years and 3 months three starts in eight days for him playing full back would seem less feasible than Mahrez.

If he's a physical superman (perhaps he is I don't know) the mental side of things in terms of epic concentration will be draining for anyone. This is why we desperately need another recognised left back.

Konchesky has a mistake in him when fully fit and focused, anybody's concentration will wane with three starts in eight days especially a 33 years old football professional

ame="Dickov22" post="3118327" timestamp="1409176418"]

Yeah he's done okay but at 33 years and 3 months three starts in eight days for him playing full back would seem less feasible than Mahrez.

If he's a physical superman (perhaps he is I don't know) the mental side of things in terms of epic concentration will be draining for anyone. This is why we desperately need another recognised left back.

Konchesky has a mistake in him when fully fit and focused, anybody's concentration will wane with three starts in eight days especially a 33 years old football professional

He almost cost us a goal at Chelsea when he misjudged a high ball. It went sailing over his head and put them in a great position. Left back was the one area I was sure we would strengthen in over the summer. Seems I was wrong

Quietly optimistic about this game. Giroud's out, if we can keep their midfield quiet then we should be ok. Will be a very tough game, no doubt about that, but this is a massive banana skin for Arsenal and they're away from home... I wouldn't have bet against them losing this kind of game last season.

We can but dream! Hopefully Vardy will be back for this one and McArthur signs in time. I'd line up:

Schmeichel

De Laet - Moore - Morgan - Konchesky

Albrighton - King - McArthur - Mahrez

Vardy - Ulloa

Archived