Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
maddog

Arsenal Pre-Match thread (+poll)

Optimeter The Gunners (H)   

422 members have voted

1. 1. First PL win of season?

I'd snap your hand off for a draw. Concern is we won't see enough of the ball to create many chances & we'll have to rely on breakaways and set pieces.

If Vardy plays and he's fit it might put Mertesacker under pressure if he plays on the shoulder. Think they'll have too much for us over the 90 though, although hope i'm proved wrong.

As admirably as Kingy and Deano have performed we really struggle to control the game when that Drinky / James partnership isn't there. To say those two are crucial to the way we play is an understatement.

Most disappointing thing about our return to the prem so far is that we haven't been able to play our strongest team yet. Most teams would struggle with probably their best 3 players on the sidelines.

Out of all the teams in the premier league i reckon Arsenal will be the toughest because of the way they hold possession and their high tempo may be too much for us to handle. Having said that they are defensively weak and I reckon we can break through them but for us to outscore them I feel their midfielders needs to have a shocking game. 

For the third league game running, I've gone for a loss, once again a point would be excellent but this is another game that isn't going to define our season, they're a much better side than us. The only thing we have going for us they have a absolutely massive game tonight, but having said that they've been playing in the CL and beating teams like us the following weekend for the last 10 years + so it probably wont make much of a difference. 

For the third league game running, I've gone for a loss, once again a point would be excellent but this is another game that isn't going to define our season, they're a much better side than us. The only thing we have going for us they have a absolutely massive game tonight, but having said that they've been playing in the CL and beating teams like us the following weekend for the last 10 years + so it probably wont make much of a difference. 

I think the fixture list should have reigned in everyones expectations, 3 points from those 5 games is no disaster. We will stay up based on our results against Burnley, QPR, Palace etc. 10 wins and you will prob stay up 12-13 and the likelihood is you will be mid table.

We badly need reinforcements, both in terms of key players returning and new players coming in. Our squad wasn't nearly strong enough even before our catalogue of injuries and tonight's result won't do anything to help confidence levels, not just because we lost, which was bad enough, but because we got taunted at times.  Three or four nil.       

How awful! :o

Archived