Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
maddog

Arsenal Pre-Match thread (+poll)

Optimeter The Gunners (H)   

422 members have voted

1. 1. First PL win of season?

I can't see Cambiasso starting, given that he's hardly played at all.

I think I'm right in saying that James hasn't been ruled out, but my suspicion is that with the 2-week break coming up Pearson won't risk him in this game if it jeopardises his chances of a full recovery.

It seems highly likely that Albrighton and Hammond will be available, and certainly possible that Drinkwater and Vardy might be available too.

Assuming that is the case, I'd like to see:

Schmeichel

De Laet

Morgan

Moore

Konchesky

Albrighton

Drinkwater

Hammond

Mahrez

Ulloa

Vardy

A couple of points:

1. For me, Drinkwater has to play if he's available. This leaves the question of who should partner him in central midfield. I'm not convinced that playing King and Drinkwater together would work, and I think Hammond would make a better partner. So King would drop to the bench even though he's had 2 good games for us. I know that's tough on him, but Hammond has played well too, let's not forget that.

2. If Vardy is fit, he has to start ahead of Nugent. That isn't just because he missed that one-on-one against Chelsea, it's because Vardy offers something substantively different to Ulloa, as well as the pace to trouble them.

3. Albrighton has to start ahead of Knockaert. One of the reasons why De Laet had such a tough time against Everton was because Knockaert provided hardly any cover. He also still gives the ball away far too often, which we can't afford against Arsenal. Also it seems that Albrighton is the only player in our side who can acutally cross a ball.

4. I'd start Konchesky ahead of Schlupp, because he's a slightly more reliable option. My preference in the long term, however, is to sign a new left back.

A couple of points? You made four. Starting to sound like Pearson now, wasn't it him who said we would make a couple of acquisitions once we got promoted? How many have we signed? lol anyway, good post, and the points you made were very sensible.

I dunno, I wouldn't be so sure of that.

If we played 4-4-2 away from home against Chelsea, I see no reason why Pearson wouldn't at least consider it at home to Arsenal.

Did he have any choice? I recall our sub centre midfielder left a bit to be desired. Surely no one in our situation goes to Stamford bridge and plays 4-4-2 out of choice?

Kasper

De Laet

Morgan

Moore

Konchesky

Mahrez

Drinkwater

King

Schlupp

Vardy

Ulloa

Sounds like Vardy is only on the bench though so I would put Nugent in if that is the case. If Drinky is fit to start then great. If not, Hammond in his place. Don't think Cuchu will start. As much as I want to put Drinkwater and Cambiasso in for sure it's so hard to drop either Hammond or King after the last couple of games. Glad I'm not the manager but nice we have those options.

Kasper

De Laet

Morgan

Moore

Konchesky

Mahrez

Drinkwater

King

Schlupp

Vardy

Ulloa

Sounds like Vardy is only on the bench though so I would put Nugent in if that is the case. If Drinky is fit to start then great. If not, Hammond in his place. Don't think Cuchu will start. As much as I want to put Drinkwater and Cambiasso in for sure it's so hard to drop either Hammond or King after the last couple of games. Glad I'm not the manager but nice we have those options.

No Ginster Taylor Fletcher??

I think the result entirely depends on how Arsenal turn up. They'll either turn out utterly inept or as world beaters. That means we should go out to have a go at them; play Cambiasso and Vardy of fit to really get under their skin and let us play them at their own passing game. I also fancy King to do well against the Gunners if he starts.

A win would do to shut these ****ing moaners up. I can't believe the amount of moaners I've had to listen to over the last few days at work. One chap today said we were going down because we've signed Danny Simpson. Another who claims he's watched us for 30 years and get this....it's the worst he's seen us against the mighty Shrewsbury, I mean **** me lengthways and call me bettie boop. When will these ****** just swivel on a fat one. I guess pissing all over the championship counts for nothing.

Regardless I think we'll win fairly comfortably, Leicester have a couple of wannabes at the back and if Nugent is still leading the line for them we won't face any significant problems.

From the Arsenal forum

Not really understanding who the wannabes at the back are

A win would do to shut these ****ing moaners up. I can't believe the amount of moaners I've had to listen to over the last few days at work. One chap today said we were going down because we've signed Danny Simpson. Another who claims he's watched us for 30 years and get this....it's the worst he's seen us against the mighty Shrewsbury, I mean **** me lengthways and call me bettie boop. When will these ****** just swivel on a fat one. I guess pissing all over the championship counts for nothing.

Hum, your last sentence is spot on... It doesn't now we're in the Premier league!!...

Really up for this and quietly optimistic.

The Arsenal boards seem to be of the opinion we'll play an attacking game, I hope, but they will have too much quality in the end, I hope not!!

If I'm walking away at 5.55pm and we've got nothing I think I'll be gutted.

Beyond excited to see Vardy back. Would be incredible for him to score in his first Premier League match.

After seeing Diouf skin the Man C defence I am optimistic about the impact Vardy will have against even the best teams. Might be a game too early today, though.

After seeing Diouf skin the Man C defence I am optimistic about the impact Vardy will have against even the best teams. Might be a game too early today, though.

Wasn't he back in full training before the Chelsea match? So that would've been a game too early but I'd think we'd see at least a brief appearance from him today

Archived