Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
maddog

Arsenal Pre-Match thread (+poll)

Optimeter The Gunners (H)   

422 members have voted

1. 1. First PL win of season?

I'm not bothering with the table until after the first 5. I was expecting just 1 point away at Stoke from those and us to be bottom. Any more than that would be bonus points as far as I was concerned.

However, we've given a good account of ourselves so far and there's every reason to think we could have quite a few bonus points after the first 5.

It's how we do in the 'easier' fixtures after that that really matters as far as the table is concerned

Cambiasso has to play, especially against these. Keep Wilshere quiet.

This. We have one of the best midfield players in Europe now. I'd be tempted to start with Hammond & Cambiasso and leave Drinky on the bench. Unbelievable concept, but I think we're now in the top 6 teams in the league in terms of midfield quality. I also think Wasly should start to rough them up a bit. Arsenal are in for tough game this afternoon.

This. We have one of the best midfield players in Europe now. I'd be tempted to start with Hammond & Cambiasso and leave Drinky on the bench. Unbelievable concept, but I think we're now in the top 6 teams in the league in terms of midfield quality. I also think Wasly should start to rough them up a bit. Arsenal are in for tough game this afternoon.

Hope not wasyl was roughed up by a league two strikeforce on Tuesday.

From the Arsenal forum

Not really understanding who the wannabes at the back are

In fairness though, that's probably the only ridiculous post about Leicester in that thread (at least when I was reading it last night). It's amazed me that more Chelsea and Arsenal fans weren't acting like that.

In fairness though, that's probably the only ridiculous post about Leicester in that thread (at least when I was reading it last night). It's amazed me that more Chelsea and Arsenal fans weren't acting like that.

Yeah it is, and it's not really that ridiculous, just strange that of all things a person, who I'm assuming hasn't seen much of our team, has chosen to pick holes in, it's our defence that's been solid so far and other than Konchesky hasn't any names that jump out immediately.

I am very excited about this game, especially as the squad feels so much stronger with a new DM and RB. If we have an injury or need to change things up, we now have more options.

I think the confidence of the team should be quite high and I am expecting us to play well, even if we do not win.

I think if Vardy plays it really could make the difference. We're not going to be able to beat them at their own game, but if we can play balls into the channels then Vardy's pace can cause Mertesacker problems. Early crosses into Ulloa as well, please.

Our central midfield will have their work cut out, intensity and pressing will be vital.

Yesterday gave me some renewed optimism, and with some fresh blood on its way through Simpson and (fitness permitting) Cambiasso I see no reason why that can't carry us to a result of some sort heading into the break. At the very least, the psychological aspect of not being in the relegation zone going into the first international break will be reassuring, though the dreamer in me hopes we can spring a Stoke-esque shock and leapfrog those bastards at Loftus Road today.

I'll fence-sit and say either a draw or a tight loss, but I think, as the poll's 3-way split suggests, that anything could happen today. 2-2 again, with a returning Vardy and Nugent/Ulloa with our goals, and Ramsey and Cazorla for them. And having been at the 2003 Hignett game, I'd be happy with a repeat!

Archived