Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Cambiasso

The thing is, even if he isn't as quick as he used to be and let's face it, he's never been that sort of player anyway - his footballing brain is second to none, he has around him Matty James and Danny Drinkwater, two of the best young English midfielders in this league, with Andy King and all being well Hammond or another there too. 

And, when you thought all that wasn't enough to make us all smile, you get to read the reactions of every other fan from different clubs to this deal.

TODAY'S A GOOD DAY TO BE A LEICESTER CITY FAN.    :pearson:   :thumbup:

Mate if you look above in the thread, some people started posting videos from 2003 even!

Read well: I said he can be INSTRUMENTAL for you. Just don't expect the kind of player some of you expect. Expect a different, more "Tactlical and expert". His influence on the club will be mainly an intangible asset, if it makes sense in English.

The thing is, I think most people ARE expecting the latter. I don't think anyone posting videos of his goal against Serbia are expecting him to play like that 8 years later at the age of 34. We're just excited about having a player like him appear in a Leicester shirt. We're Leicester, not Inter, these things rarely come around and I think everyone just wants to enjoy it for now!

Not bothered by things like length of contract and sceptical questions about his fitness or feelings about being here. I'm sure no deal would have been done if all parties involved weren't happy, which means it's likely we also have nothing to worry about. I'm just over the moon Esteban Cambiasso has just signed for Leicester City.

the potential here is staggering, not just in terms of his own skills, but his experience and ability to mentor what is still quite a young team.

Any old timers here who rememebr Brian Clough's first autobiography (he wrote two) will rememebr his being told by Peter Taylor 'this team needs experience - go down to Spurs and sign Dave Mackay.' Cloughie was sceptical, Mackay was coming to the end of his carrer with Spurs and was even considering going back to Scotland. He was a bit unfit too. Clough usually deferred to Taylor in transfer matters, and so he signed Mackay.

His experience was absolutely central (even when he didnt play a full match) to a team which won the championship.

Oh. I take it you also have a counterbalance forklift licence so you are a real asset in your warehouse. You are really going places. Well done.

Without wanting to intervene between you two arguing. I can't help but wonder why having such a job is frowned upon by you? i do this as a second job in the evenings for 5 hours a night and it pays rent and then some.

Job snobbery in an age where jobs can be few and far between is utterly baffling. The negativity should be directed at the scrotes who are more then able to work but choose not to purely out of being lazy.

As you were.......

Seems a bit strange he'd be starting most games for inter last season if everybody thinks he's unfit and worthless there. I can understand some fans going off him over time but the manager wouldn't be picking him if he wasn't up to the job.

Pretty sure Bert told everyone this yesterday on twitter mid afternoon and as usual got abuse.

Not that he's ITK or anything.

Hopefully Cambiasso can protect our back 4 well.

Yeah it hadn't been widely reported to be on by anyone else had it.

Seems a bit strange he'd be starting most games for inter last season if everybody thinks he's unfit and worthless there. I can understand some fans going off him over time but the manager wouldn't be picking him if he wasn't up to the job.

He's averaged 31 games a season for past 17 years, he played 32 last year.

Course he will have slowed down a bit, that's natural. But it's not stopped the likes of Gerrard and Lampard.

One season, no big fee, another body for midfield. It's not a huge risk, one I think is worth taking for a players who could easily still bring some quality.

Does make me laugh that anyone can view this as a "bad" signing.

Vastly experienced and still a good footballer who perhaps isn't quite up to top level European football anymore but will more than do for us.

And even if he does disappoint in the last two games we've had to play a midfield with 0 league appearances between them in one, and bring on Gary "El Trucker" Taylor Fletcher in midfield in the other. It's fair to say he's going to be an improvement on either scenairos of those at least.  

Without wanting to intervene between you two arguing. I can't help but wonder why having such a job is frowned upon by you? i do this as a second job in the evenings for 5 hours a night and it pays rent and then some.

Job snobbery in an age where jobs can be few and far between is utterly baffling. The negativity should be directed at the scrotes who are more then able to work but choose not to purely out of being lazy.

As you were.......

I think you need to re read what he has wrote......

Archived