Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bamba's Babes

David McGoldrick

No it wouldn't, but then he wouldn't score half a dozen goals would he? He'd play a few matches, miss a lorryload of chances and then do his ACL. 8 million well spent.

So you are forming an opinion on a completely make believe scenario.

Well done you.

What have you been smoking?

You don't buy a striker and play them in attacking midfield, it's retarded, especially at this level. We've got an attacking midfield player, he's called Anthony Knockaert.

Knockaert plays on the wing, and what's retarded by buying decent players who could play in both. I think you're saying that both Deeney and Mcgoldrick can only play as strikers and I think they could play in attacking midfield positions as well. 

a lot of teams play with 2 or 3 attacking midfielders, sitting behind 1 or 2 strikers. I think this is a position we lack in midfield and one that both or either of these players could play in.

so you're saying he's better than all our current strikers then yeah? 

I'm saying he was better at scoring goals last year than them. So if he's so terrible, what does it make them... the job of a striker is to score goals after all.

I'd take him, but £8m is way too much for me. Frankly, £6m was already too much and they went and rejected it.

It's not true. You're not telling me Ipswich would reject £6million. No way.

I'm saying he was better at scoring goals last year than them. So if he's so terrible, what does it make them... the job of a striker is to score goals after all.

he's not as good as any of our current strikers, no matter which way you try and dress it up. even you know that really, stop being an idiot. 8 million for an average, usually injured ipswich town player is just dumb. 

he's not as good as any of our current strikers, no matter which way you try and dress it up. even you know that really, stop being an idiot. 8 million for an average, usually injured ipswich town player is just dumb. 

What are you basing this on exactly? I'm actually using FACTS such as his goalscoring record last year.

You don't watch him often enough to state whether he's better or not, I've not stated that either. what I am stating is that his scoring record was better last season.

Once again more blue tinted stuff.

Knockaert plays on the wing, and what's retarded by buying decent players who could play in both. I think you're saying that both Deeney and Mcgoldrick can only play as strikers and I think they could play in attacking midfield positions as well. 

a lot of teams play with 2 or 3 attacking midfielders, sitting behind 1 or 2 strikers. I think this is a position we lack in midfield and one that both or either of these players could play in.

Knockaert isn't a natural winger though, anyone who's watched him can see that.

Playing McGoldrick in the role Knockaert should be playing (or that type of player anyway) is total madness.

Sorry but you're just talking utter shite, Deeney and McGoldrick are strikers, end of story. They are not attacking midfielders. Paying several million for a striker that is no better than what we have and then playing him in attacking midfield is a ridiculous idea.

The talk of him playing ahead of  some of our strikers is bad enough, the idea that he could play ahead of some of our midfielders is sickening.

Hnestly, think about what you are saying.

What are you basing this on exactly? I'm actually using FACTS such as his goalscoring record last year.

You don't watch him often enough to state whether he's better or not, I've not stated that either. what I am stating is that his scoring record was better last season.

Well the FACT is Nugent and Vardy bagged 40ish between them, half the goals in the team that ran away with the league. They are both better players than McGoldrick, stop being a mug.

I think he's a decent player and the transfer fee is what it is.

Its his propensity to get injured that bothers me. NP and co don't get much wrong transfer wise but this does seem like a very expensive gamble.

I'm hoping this is Plan B in the instance that N'Doye isn't granted a work permit.

Agree with this.  For goodness sake, McGoldrick had a third of the season out injured last year (and with medial ligament damage, which is not good) and has only just come back and played a handful of games.  £6/8m for a player just back from injury seems crazy !

Well the FACT is Nugent and Vardy bagged 40ish between them, more than half the goals in the team that ran away with the league. They are both better players than McGoldrick,

Congrats on posting facts that don't actually show anything. You can make wishy washy posts like above with nothing facts as much as you want. His scoring rate was better than either of them last year.

Mcgoldrick 14 in 31... 2.21 gpg

Vardy 16 in 37 ... 2.31 gpg

Nugent 20 goals in 46 games... 2.3 gpg

you're using one fact, his goals to game average over what, 30 games. great. that's that sorted then vardy OUT. nuge OUT. why we wasted so much money on ulloa i have no idea, OUT. 

i'll give you the fact that nugent and vardy teamed up to win the league without even trying whilst mcgoldrick spent his time swapping between the treatment room and mid table mediocrity. FACT. his whole career has a FACT of one goal every 4 or so games in the league (that's league two, league one and the championship btw). he registered 4 assists and scored 14 goals last year, nugent alone was involved in almost twice as many goals (33). FACT.  

he's always been an average, injury prone, run of the mill championship (at best) striker. NOT A FACT BUT OBVIOUSLY TRUE TO ANYONE WHO ISN'T AN IDIOT. 8 million pounds. making shane long for 12 mill look like a bargain. 

You need to get away from these facts for a moment and realise that statistics are often misleading.

You can't tell people they haven't seen him often enough. A lot of us have seen loads of Championship football over the past few years. I highly doubt Pearson has seen much more of him than have.

McGoldrick's played at that level for several years now and has regularly failed to impress. Last season was the first time anyone took any notice of him. You're talking about his record of 1 in 2, well sorry but that's only over about 30 games. Why can't you accept that there may be more to a player than the best or worst statistic about them? You do tend to have an opinion on someone then pick a stat that suits your opinion.

Vardy may have not got 1 in 2 last season but I'm telling you he was a better player than McGoldrick in the championship last season. That's my strong opinion, you can disagree if you like but don't just dismiss it because of that stat based on a very short spell of McGoldrick's career.

He's not even very quick or particularly skilful. I'm not sure why anyone would be pleased with this potential signing or think he would be any better than our current strikers.

This all clearly points to a panic buy - we've been putting in bids for other strikers all summer - this one has only just surfaced. We wouldn't be putting in a first bid this late unless he was far from our first choice.

Shock Babylon sees the positives in this.

If we re-signed Beckford for £10 million I'm sure he'd defend that aswell "how many of our other strikers have managed 9 goals in the premiership"

Have I stated anything about whether I think it's a good deal? I've said he wouldn't be my first choice, I've said it's more than his market value.

I have also challenged mis informed comparisons with our current strikers and moronic comments about being the worst transfer ever, before someone even signs, let alone kicks a ball.

I'll judge him when I see him play regularly, rather than make up weird scenarios like some to back up an opinion.

you're using one fact, his goals to game average over what, 30 games. great. that's that sorted then vardy OUT. nuge OUT. why we wasted so much money on ulloa i have no idea, OUT. 

i'll give you the fact that nugent and vardy teamed up to win the league without even trying whilst mcgoldrick spent his time swapping between the treatment room and mid table mediocrity. FACT. his whole career has a FACT of one goal every 4 or so games in the league (that's league two, league one and the championship btw). he registered 4 assists and scored 14 goals last year, nugent alone was involved in almost twice as many goals (33). FACT.  

he's always been an average, injury prone, run of the mill championship (at best) striker. NOT A FACT BUT OBVIOUSLY TRUE TO ANYONE WHO ISN'T AN IDIOT. 8 million pounds. making shane long for 12 mill look like a bargain. 

Summed up nicely Scouse.

Sorry Babs mate but you're just being short sighted on this one.

This is more about everyone else's negativity than your actual positivity, isn't it?

McGoldrick has consistently played well against us in the past, always a big factor in our recruitment of players from leagues we've played in. He's not worth £8 million in a market we're used to but this summer has been obscene and we either try and pay for established players or we go for these sorts of players. I'm not sure which I'd rather have, I believe in Pearson and his staff though.

If he scores 10 goals then £8 million is fcuk all.

you're using one fact, his goals to game average over what, 30 games. great. that's that sorted then vardy OUT. nuge OUT. why we wasted so much money on ulloa i have no idea, OUT.  Who has said he replaces any of those players? Why are you being overly dramatic.

i'll give you the fact that nugent and vardy teamed up to win the league without even trying whilst mcgoldrick spent his time swapping between the treatment room and mid table mediocrity. FACT. And what does any of that show? You suggesting we don't sign a player from any team lower than us?

his whole career has a FACT of one goal every 4 or so games in the league (that's league two, league one and the championship btw). he registered 4 assists and scored 14 goals last year, nugent alone was involved in almost twice as many goals (33). FACT.  Nugent was also involved in 15 more games.

Archived