Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bamba's Babes

David McGoldrick

What did he say? That it was dead?

Seemed to me like we were never even interested. Can't remember his words exactly but it was something along the lines of "In terms and some names being hot and cold, that one's freezing".

Frazier Cambell..£800.000, McGoldrick....£8m.....what???

Why do we get this every time, the fee is one part of it. For all you know Campbell could have been asking a massive signing on fee and massive wages to take advantage of the fact his purchase fee was low.

Seemed to me like we were never even interested. Can't remember his words exactly but it was something along the lines of "In terms and some names being hot and cold, that one's freezing".

Righto, that rings a bell actually.

We go from signing Cambiasso to potentially signing David McGoldrick for a rumoured £8 million  :nono:

Yes he did well at Coventry albeit in League 1, he had an excellent season last season but still £8 million for a guy who happened to fail badly at Forest is a joke.

Of the players we have signed it basically says, buy a whole bunch of Championship quality players who could cut it in the Premier League, and if we happen to get relegated then more than likely none of them will leave.

Bizarre move from Nigel tbh

He wouldn't have been the first name on my list either.  However I trust Pearson and our scouting team.

This is from the telegraph Cambiasso article: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/leicester-city/11064127/Esteban-Cambiasso-says-lure-of-the-Premier-League-behind-decision-to-join-Leicester-City.html

"Rob Mackenzie and Ben Wrigglesworth in our scouting department ‘clipped’ all his games and it was clear he still had something to offer. He played 32 games last season and the statistics in those games were outstanding."

I'm pretty sure they will have done the same with McGoldrick.  They will know exactly what he can offer the team.

As for the price, it's all relative.  That is what players of his calibre are going for right now. If we have decided we want him, we either pay the going rate or we don't get him.  Simple as that.

I don't believe Pearson will play McGoldrick or Deeney as a striker if our first 3 strikers are fit. He'll play them in an attacking midfield role, Pearson has talked about players being able to rotate roles during a game and these two players really fit into that role. 

If you were to buy them and play them as strikers then 8 million not worth it, but as players to fit into Pearsons team and what he wants, these are probably 2 players who could do a great job and I don't think 8 million is a bad price.

I don't believe Pearson will play McGoldrick or Deeney as a striker if our first 3 strikers are fit. He'll play them in an attacking midfield role, Pearson has talked about players being able to rotate roles during a game and these two players really fit into that role. 

If you were to buy them and play them as strikers then 8 million not worth it, but as players to fit into Pearsons team and what he wants, these are probably 2 players who could do a great job and I don't think 8 million is a bad price.

Deeney in midfield?! Are you kidding. He's an out and out striker. Same for McGoldrick though he can operate in that Nuge role as well. Don't understand where some people get their information from.

Yet again a hilarious over reaction to a possible singing

A) Might not be true

B) How many games have you honestly seen this lad play?

C) Nigel doesn't get many wrong

It's been clear to me from our first two games that the more goal threats we have in the squad, the better. If Nigel wants him, I bet he will improve the squad.

Deeney in midfield?! Are you kidding. He's an out and out striker. Same for McGoldrick though he can operate in that Nuge role as well. Don't understand where some people get their information from.

I think from what I've seen both these players are good at picking the ball up deep, and getting forward. A type of player that would really add to our squad especially as Nuge and Vardy will be able to rotate with them we'd be a formidable force going forward.

Obviously I don't see them playing a Drinkwater type of midfield position, more advanced, sitting behind the front 2 or 1.

Why do we get this every time, the fee is one part of it. For all you know Campbell could have been asking a massive signing on fee and massive wages to take advantage of the fact his purchase fee was low.

True but for Cambell money he would be happy to be squad player..but for 6-8million...you don't leave that on the bench a la ulloa. Where does that leave Vardy, Woods, Nugent etc?

Archived