Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bamba's Babes

David McGoldrick

That's not what I'm saying and I am more than aware we aren't going to get someone of that calibre. Players like Vardy and Ulloa might get players like Kompany and Koscielny to think that playing against them isn't going to be a walk in the park, so someone of that calibre would be nice as I doubt McGoldrick is on par with what we already have.

What more has Ulloa done than McGoldrick to make him applicable to this logic and the other exempt?

Can't ever recall actually seeing him play. Other than the fact that he's shit and overpriced, can anyone offer anything on what type of player he is. Big, small, fast, slow, technical, donkey, lead the line or drop deep? How would he fit into our team?

Hi Chaps, Ipswich fan here.

I can assure you you have a great signing here. McGoldrick's got the lot: Pace, Creativity, Goals. One of the best players we have had for a long time and he should walk straight into your team. Far better than say, Connor Wickham or John Walters. The fact that he has been able to impress in a Mick McCarthy team should say it all. He will be awesome for you guys.

The £8m (+ add-ons) is correct in this market for someone of his talent. (And that is the fee by the way).

Anyway, good luck for the season!

I'm inclined to consider your opinion of the player as you have seen him far more than me or anyone else on here, I'm still not keen though. I highly doubt he would walk straight onto our team, he would probably be used as a substitute and find it difficult to break into the starting eleven so he would probably be better off staying at Ipswich. Probably.

All the best to the Tractor Boys this season! Where do you think you will finish?

Can't ever recall actually seeing him play. Other than the fact that he's shit and overpriced, can anyone offer anything on what type of player he is. Big, small, fast, slow, technical, donkey, lead the line or drop deep? How would he fit into our team?

You are better off asking Ipswich fans, your average Leicester fan would have seen their two live games on Sky last year, and two games against us (at the very most) and he didn't even play in two of those games. Of the two he did... he scored in one.

lol

What more has Ulloa done than McGoldrick to make him applicable to this logic and the other exempt?

They are two completely different players. Ulloa is a determined presence up front, strong in the air and a good finisher. A defenders nightmare. Vardy is a hard working poacher, very quick and very good at putting the ball in the back of the net. A defenders nightmare. McGoldrick is not a bad player, he's reasonably quick although not to Vardy's standards, and he knows where the goal is but due to lack of sufficient pace and trickery I think he might struggle to get in the right places. I could be wrong, in fact if we sign him I HOPE I am in which case I will admit I was wrong and you get to say I told you so.

Well in my opinion Ulloa, decent player that he is, wasn`t worth £8 million either.

Fulham ridiculously paying £11 million for McCormack hasn`t helped, because the selling clubs are now using that fee as the benchmark to work from.

Also of course, it`s very much a sellers market, and the nearer to the end of the transfer window that it gets, the more they are going to try and bump the price up.

Imagine if we were still in the championship and teams were looking at Nugent & Vardy. We'd want around £22 million for the pair of them.

We were there last season and received no such bids. Maybe there was no one as big a mug as us last season looking for a forward.

They are two completely different players. Ulloa is a determined presence up front, strong in the air and a good finisher. A defenders nightmare. Vardy is a hard working poacher, very quick and very good at putting the ball in the back of the net. A defenders nightmare. McGoldrick is not a bad player, he's reasonably quick although not to Vardy's standards, and he knows where the goal is but due to lack of sufficient pace and trickery I think he might struggle to get in the right places. I could be wrong, in fact if we sign him I HOPE I am in which case I will admit I was wrong and you get to say I told you so.

There'll be no "I told you so's" - I'm not a huge advocate of paying £8 million in a nonsense market for a striker in the last year of his contract, I just take exception to your logic that defenders will be infinitely more intimidated by Ulloa when clearly 99% of people on this forum could count on one hand the amount of times they saw McGoldrick play last season

Again..the Ipswich fans love him. I'm convinced he'd score goals in the Prem.

Regarding the transfer fee.. Well everyone is having to pay over the odds for players who's parent clubs don't want them to leave. That's how it is. If we want him, we have to stump up.

Regarding the transfer fee.. Well everyone is having to pay over the odds for players who's parent clubs don't want them to leave. That's how it is. If we want him, we have to stump up.

His record the last two years and their glowing references show he has something about him.

Just not seen enough of him to know his strengths and weaknesses etc.

Hi Chaps, Ipswich fan here.

I can assure you you have a great signing here. McGoldrick's got the lot: Pace, Creativity, Goals. One of the best players we have had for a long time and he should walk straight into your team. Far better than say, Connor Wickham or John Walters. The fact that he has been able to impress in a Mick McCarthy team should say it all. He will be awesome for you guys.

The £8m (+ add-ons) is correct in this market for someone of his talent. (And that is the fee by the way).

Anyway, good luck for the season!

Got to be trolling.

Got to be trolling.

I dunno, you seen his goal ratio? ;)

I'm excited by this fascination Pearson has with signing players that play well against us. Imagine the side we will have next season!!

Ivanovic and Piennar already nailed on!!!!!

Ross McCormack going to Fulham has made this a crazy transfer window.

Though McGoldrick has only got a year left on his contract.

His record the last two years and their glowing references show he has something about him.

Just not seen enough of him to know his strengths and weaknesses etc.

He must be something really special if Col and Babylon agree :P

Archived