Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bamba's Babes

David McGoldrick

True but for Cambell money he would be happy to be squad player..but for 6-8million...you don't leave that on the bench a la ulloa. Where does that leave Vardy, Woods, Nugent etc?

As I just stated it's about the package and not just the fee. He could have wanted £500k signing on fee and £45k a week for 4 years for all we know.

I think from what I've seen both these players are good at picking the ball up deep, and getting forward. A type of player that would really add to our squad especially as Nuge and Vardy will be able to rotate with them we'd be a formidable force going forward.

Obviously I don't see them playing a Drinkwater type of midfield position, more advanced, sitting behind the front 2 or 1.

What have you been smoking?

You don't buy a striker and play them in attacking midfield, it's retarded, especially at this level. We've got an attacking midfield player, he's called Anthony Knockaert.

Hope it's not true.

Can't say I've seen much of the guy but when we sign players I want them to be a clear improvement on what we've got.

We have 4 strikers, you don't need more than that.

Only good bit of business from this would be a straight swap for Chris Wood. I like Wood. He's clearly a good player and hasn't been given much of a chance lately but we can't carry a player who can't make use of his height.

From Ipswich's point of view they would be replacing a proven Championship goalscorer who could let the 10 months on his contract run with a proven Championship striker on a longer contract.

In nige we trust.

for fickin sake, trust nige, forget retarded price tag, he has been improving in last 2 years and nige seems to get the best out of players and thay seem to improve so y would that not be the case here. And if that happens then he would be outstanding he already has a better g p g record than any player we got

Hope it's not true.

Can't say I've seen much of the guy but when we sign players I want them to be a clear improvement on what we've got.

We have 4 strikers, you don't need more than that.

Only good bit of business from this would be a straight swap for Chris Wood. I like Wood. He's clearly a good player and hasn't been given much of a chance lately but we can't carry a player who can't make use of his height.

From Ipswich's point of view they would be replacing a proven Championship goalscorer who could let the 10 months on his contract run with a proven Championship striker on a longer contract.

I love wood and I am shore he will get better but I think I like him cos he scored like 300 goars in about 4 games when we 1st got him

Three to four million would be about right, but even at that price I personally would not want him. From what I have seen of him, I would describe him as no more than a pretty good Championship player.

The word "panic" is ringing in my ears, or it could be just desperation!

I think that would actually be based on what he did for us would it not... oh yeah, forgot that fact doesn't matter with people on here.

You don't need a steak to find out that sharks love meat.

He's never managed more than 14 goals in the Championship, in fact he's only managed double figures at that level twice.

He's injury-prone, only managing more than 30 appearances twice in the last 5 seasons.

This would be an utterly bizarre move to make and an even more bizarre price to pay and you know it.

We must all pray with all our strength that its not true.

I think that would actually be based on what he did for us would it not... oh yeah, forgot that fact doesn't matter with people on here.

Regardless of what he does for us, like any transfer, he has a market value. Unproven, one decent season in the championship and we part with £8m? IF it happens, we will no doubt be a laughing stock with other clubs..

He's never managed more than 14 goals in the Championship, in fact he's only managed double figures at that level twice.

He's injury-prone, only managing more than 30 appearances twice in the last 5 seasons.

This would be an utterly bizarre move to make and an even more bizarre price to pay and you know it.

Very sensible post.

Regardless of what he does for us, like any transfer, he has a market value. Unproven, one decent season in the championship and we part with £8m? IF it happens, we will no doubt be a laughing stock with other clubs..

Very sensible post.

No it's not regardless of what he does for us. It's only a bad transfer if he fails, he could knock in half a dozen goals and get points to keep us up. If that happens nobody will give a flying feck what he cost.

To state a deal is "worst deal in transfer history" before a player kicks a ball is moronic. Would be be over paying, yes. Would it be a risk, yes. Worst deal in transfer history.... you can't say until we know what he does.

We had the same old shit chucked about with Ulloa, not he's played a few friendlies and competitive games and people have seen that he is actually pretty decent.

considerably worse than anything else we already have. 8 million. rather play wood. or hopper. or just no striker. 

Which striker of ours scored 1 in 2 last year?

McGoldrick hasn't travelled with Ipswich.

Wasn't it already stated by someone on here that he was out with a dead leg anyway?

So then, should he score half a dozen goals getting points that keep us up, whilst playing well... would he still be the "worst transfer in football history"?

So then, should he score half a dozen goals getting points that keep us up, whilst playing well... would he still be the "worst transfer in football history"?

No it wouldn't, but then he wouldn't score half a dozen goals would he? He'd play a few matches, miss a lorryload of chances and then do his ACL. 8 million well spent.

Nugent and McGoldrick up top, that's what we've spent 10 years waiting for. Brilliant.

I think he's a decent player and the transfer fee is what it is.

Its his propensity to get injured that bothers me. NP and co don't get much wrong transfer wise but this does seem like a very expensive gamble.

I'm hoping this is Plan B in the instance that N'Doye isn't granted a work permit.

Archived