Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

10 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

You ever tried going over a speed bump at 20mph in a micra? Especially those shite ones that don't stretch the whole road so don't effect anything big but absolute **** up little cars.

Your head hits the roof ffs. lol

I don’t mind how fast people go over them, as long as they just keep a consistent speed and don’t slow right down for each hump.

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/04/2020 at 09:45, Footballwipe said:

Reviving this as it's not been in action since the lockdown!

I've got a new running route through New Lubbesthorpe and what the hell is wrong with drivers plonking their car in the middle of the road to go over the speed humps? The hump covers the whole road, consistent hump wherever you go over it. My lord, the amount of people who sit their car bang in the middle of both lanes to saunter down the straight.

Baffling.

I think the reason behind this the fact that the bumps aren't as steep if you come at them from the opposite side. Still pure stupidity though. 

On 17/04/2020 at 21:29, Strokes said:

I don’t mind how fast people go over them, as long as they just keep a consistent speed and don’t slow right down for each hump.

That's a load of boll**ks. Different cars handle speed bumps differently, I have to slow right down to go over some near my house, so you're saying you'd rather I drove at 2/3 mph in between all of the speed bumps as well just so it is 'consistent'?

4 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

That's a load of boll**ks. Different cars handle speed bumps differently, I have to slow right down to go over some near my house, so you're saying you'd rather I drove at 2/3 mph in between all of the speed bumps as well just so it is 'consistent'?

Yes, although I’d rather you get a vehicle that can handle a bump better, and stop slowing everyone down due to vanity.

1 minute ago, Strokes said:

Yes, although I’d rather you get a vehicle that can handle a bump better, and stop slowing everyone down due to vanity.

Typical impatient driver that we see on the roads today. Absolutely nothing to do with vanity at all. I'd much rather drive slower over the bumps and avoid any chance of damage or wear on the suspension, thus slowing down (the actual purpose of speed bumps). It is funny when you get drivers like you behind that get angry when you slow down, never understood it though.

2 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

Typical impatient driver that we see on the roads today. Absolutely nothing to do with vanity at all. I'd much rather drive slower over the bumps and avoid any chance of damage or wear on the suspension, thus slowing down (the actual purpose of speed bumps). It is funny when you get drivers like you behind that get angry when you slow down, never understood it though.

They are designed to be used at the speed limit of the road, constant slowing down to a near halt is poor driving. Who said I get angry?

• Like 1

I can guarantee you, no one drives over a speed bump on a 30mph road, at 30mph. Unless they can avoid the actual speed bump.

It doesn't need to be said it's absolutely obvious, having an issue with people slowing down for speed bumps for me is a sign of some deep rooted anger or someone who suffers with road rage.

I find that some speed bumps are less 'bumpy' the faster you go over them.

Not a speed bump, but people slowing down to practically nothing to go over the level crossing at Narborough train station, bouncing about all over the place.  I hit it at normal speed & it's just a quick rumble.

Although, I did have to replace a snapped front suspension coil spring on a Volvo I once owned

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

I can guarantee you, no one drives over a speed bump on a 30mph road, at 30mph. Unless they can avoid the actual speed bump.

Yeah they definitely do.

11 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

It doesn't need to be said it's absolutely obvious, having an issue with people slowing down for speed bumps for me is a sign of some deep rooted anger or someone who suffers with road rage.

Why does it have to be anger? I’ve never once said it makes me angry, it just makes me think the driver is lacking judgement on a very simple situation. 

4 minutes ago, pSinatra said:

Not a speed bump, but people slowing down to practically nothing to go over the level crossing at Narborough train station, bouncing about all over the place.  I hit it at normal speed & it's just a quick rumble.

Although, I did have to replace a snapped front suspension coil spring on a Volvo I once owned

Drivers that do it are either, really nervous/poor drivers or have sports cars with low body kits and are twats.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Drivers that do it are either, really nervous/poor drivers or have sports cars with low body kits and are twats.

lol You don`t seem especially empathic to your fellow road users lol

(I used to drive a lot, M4 into London no less, and it proper sucks, hate driving me)

Edited by Dahnsouff

26 minutes ago, pSinatra said:

54 minutes ago, Strokes said:

They are designed to be used at the speed limit of the road, constant slowing down to a near halt is poor driving. Who said I get angry?

I have a level crossing in a 50 limit near me and so many people slow down to 30 for it, really unnecessary when it's quite a smoothly built crossing.  Same for speed bumps, unless it's a poorly designed hump (and there are a fair few) or your car's absurdly low there's really no need to come to a near halt.  They're supposed to slow traffic, not bring it to a crawl.

17 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

lol You don`t seem especially empathic to your fellow road users lol

(I used to drive a lot, M4 into London no less, and it proper sucks, hate driving me)

It depends on the situation really, but empathy on speed bumps wears thin when you have to go over 30+ every day and people are just being fannies.

• Haha 1

Just now, Carl the Llama said:

I have a level crossing in a 50 limit near me and so many people slow down to 30 for it, really unnecessary when it's quite a smoothly built crossing.  Same for speed bumps, unless it's a poorly designed hump (and there are a fair few) or your car's absurdly low there's really no need to come to a near halt.  They're supposed to slow traffic, not bring it to a crawl.

I’ll post a photo of the ones that sparked the conversation later Carl. This is a rare thread upon which we usually agree, so I’d like to know what you think 😂 

On 29/04/2020 at 10:51, Strokes said:

I’ll post a photo of the ones that sparked the conversation later Carl. This is a rare thread upon which we usually agree, so I’d like to know what you think 😂 

Are these the the New Lubbesthorpe ones. They are annoying and plentiful but I assume everyone who uses them understands why they're there. Think of the speeds people would get to on that long, quiet, straight road if there were none. Especially when you consider the speed some people go over the bridge to get to them.

They're going to whip half of them out when NL is complete, too.

Meridian speed bumps. Now they ARE speedbumps! That's where you really see people crawl to a half a mile an hour, especially the pimped out lowered cars on their way to Nandos or Burger King.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Footballwipe said:

Are these the the New Lubbesthorpe ones. They are annoying and plentiful but I assume everyone who uses them understands why they're there. Think of the speeds people would get to on that long, quiet, straight road if there were none. Especially when you consider the speed some people go over the bridge to get to them.

Meridian speed bumps. Now they ARE speedbumps! That's where you really see people crawl to a half a mile an hour, especially the pimped out lowered cars on their way to Nandos or Burger King.

Yeah I agree they are warranted, the problem is being behind someone slowing to a near halt on each and picking up fast before slamming the brakes on again. It makes for an unpleasant journey, when in most vehicles you can just keep a constant speed of 25 - 30mph and ride them without much bother.

2 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Yeah I agree they are warranted, the problem is being behind someone slowing to a near halt on each and picking up fast before slamming the brakes on again. It makes for an unpleasant journey, when in most vehicles you can just keep a constant speed of 25 - 30mph and ride them without much bother.

Yeah it's really interesting to see the different methods people use down there. Royal Mail vans careering through without a care, some people crawling to a halt, it's really inconsistent and no wonder people overtake so often.

Then of course they had to put the trees in because this kept happening (timestamped to the clip) lol 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Footballwipe said:

Yeah it's really interesting to see the different methods people use down there. Royal Mail vans careering through without a care, some people crawling to a halt, it's really inconsistent and no wonder people overtake so often.

Then of course they had to put the trees in because this kept happening (timestamped to the clip) lol 

He is the sort of twat that will crawl over them and then speed in between lol

On 29/04/2020 at 10:40, Strokes said:

I will Drive appropiately despite various Drivers behind me whos perspective towards vanity,comes more into question...

Amazing that hectic drivers,Don't have the foresight to think or understand that other drivers,might be carrying different loads,After going shopping,or

transporting wares,to and from work...Car users all have their various lives and use their Cars for their own various wants and needs...including you..!!

The roads are Not F1 Test stretches, built to prove individuals Macho manhood....We Share the roads with all sorts.

Realising the needs of the others, so long as they are driving within the rules of the road and awareness, is also the unwritten law of the highway code.

Belong to Driving with due thought & attention..... Its the thought and  then the understanding that seems  to be lacking.

I have driven all sorts of cars,Expedition lorries/vehicles,over The most dangerous roads in the world,through many cities of the world, before TV-personalties decide to make their adventure programs.

In Western Europe,in normal PKWs I tend to Drive fast,on the Border of the limits,but Drop down ,where kids,pedestrians are regularly

on the move... I am far from the best Driver on the roads,but I dont prejudge others,unless they delibrately ignore simple signs

and the basics on awareness( idiots who Shout at and judge others,when they themselves are committing the offence)..

I look at driving this way....

some of these near misses One sees everyday,or the bad accidents one witnesses,many are caused by Good Drivers ,young or old,

Who have probably Made their first mistake after years of carefree driving...An average slower Driver doesn't cause the problems,

it is the other twats,who are too impatient..

The difference of pushing it or waiting is Not more than 3-4 minutes, unless you get caught behind convoys or Agricultural vehicles,then tough luck!!

Drivers Late for work or meeting, its their own fault and shouldnt Drive erratically,trying to make their Time up..> If I was Late then I am late <

That Type of Stress just  was or isnt worth it..!!!

In the Western Part of Europe,/USA the self-Made Controllers on roads,while driving are usually the most dangerous,so angry they forget to use their mirrors, of  change lanes, being aware of allround immediate enviroment or push it when coming to  crossings or junctions...!!

being stressed at Drivers Slowing at bumpers/humps....well wow!!!

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

Why are they going to Nando's and Burger King? I thought they were closed.