Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

14 hours ago, Spudulike said:

They are also a menace on shared pedestrian/cycle paths. I'm sure the planners didn't envisage them being used by Lycra Louts on three grand racing bikes going past at 30mph.

So many times I've had to step aside for these self aggrandising knobs who justify themselves as being fit and being "green". I wonder how many travel to their preferred route with their bikes strapped on the roof of their car?

13 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

I have no issues giving space either, which is why it's selfish when you get stuck behind a cyclist on a road which is easily wide enough to accommodate safe passing.  Bonus points when there's a cycle lane anyway as is often the case in and around Cambridge.

Cycle lane? In my local area, Hinckley, no cyclist gives a **** about cycle lanes. Bomb down that perimeter road and straight over red lights. Lycra won't save your life. 

9 hours ago, Parafox said:

Cycle lane? In my local area, Hinckley, no cyclist gives a **** about cycle lanes. Bomb down that perimeter road and straight over red lights. Lycra won't save your life. 

I never understand the logic in cyclists running a red, it's annoying slowing down, but if we're on the road we should follow the laws set out. And frankly it's just bloody dangerous. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Tuna said:

Been noticing a lot of other people driving around with full beams on in the middle of the day.

That'll be the elderly who've been shielding for 3 months and have now forgotten where the headlight switch is. 

16 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Always get this on the A46. Takes them ages to pass because they are both going at the same speed. All for the sake of getting 1 ahead.

I also think the lorry being overtaken is equally as bad in these situations. Why he can’t lift for a brief second and allow the overtake to be quickly done is beyond me. Only got to drop 2 or 3 miles per hour and bingo no long lines of enraged cars flying past afterwards. 

17 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Always get this on the A46. Takes them ages to pass because they are both going at the same speed. All for the sake of getting 1 ahead.

Cos they won't turn their cruise control off or reduce the MPH.

18 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

I was stuck behind a lorry overtaking another on the A14 a few days ago - it took home over 3.5 miles to overtake.

willy puller.

Edited by Big Dave

Ignorant fools who think "yes, it's ok to job along at 40 in a 60 limit, occasionally dropping down to 35 - especially when there is a tail of cars behind me. And, ok you're going to overtake - so I'd better increase my speed, having woken me up from my little nap"

Luckily, I have a hybrid Mini that can immediately accelerate to get past any of these idiots at warp factor 38.76

Tractors with Trailors.We live at the Braunstone Cross Roads.Got up at 5.20 to get to work in Wigston.Pulled out of our road and got behind one,doing nothing more than 20 mph on an urban road.Never seen one on the road before all this.....Then don't get me started on the speed bumps on Middleton Street and Wigston lane And B5418!I'm sure the council is trying to ruin my cars suspension!

On 29/04/2020 at 10:23, Strokes said:

Drivers that do it are either, really nervous/poor drivers or have sports cars with low body kits and are twats.

Well that's rude 😂 bit late to the convo but I show my car so therefore have it lowered with a splitter, if i go anymore than 5mph I rip off hundreds of pounds of kit and throw away my hobby. If its any consolation I then floor it to yhe next one to leave plenty of room 

Some self centred arrogant twat in a range rover (you know the type) middle lane hogging for ages on sunday. I peeped her and pointed over to the inside lane as I went passed and she was clueless. Stayed in the middle lane despite no-one else around.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

White van driver just doing what he likes on a roundabout and almost clearing me out

He was in the wrong lane and instead of going around again he decided he would just rather cut straight across my lane for the exit and nearly smash into someone else who had done it properly

17 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

White van driver just doing what he likes on a roundabout and almost clearing me out

He was in the wrong lane and instead of going around again he decided he would just rather cut straight across my lane for the exit and nearly smash into someone else who had done it properly

Wind me up. Always drive really closely behind me too.