Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

On 04/11/2020 at 13:18, TiffToff88 said:

My car history:

1. Vauxhall Corsa

2. Vauxhall Astra

3. Vauxhall Astra

4. Vauxhall Astra

5. Ford Focus

I guess I'm 80% twat lol

**** me, no wonder you're always down in the dumpslol

I hate people that pull out on you, then decide to do 10 mph below the speed limit, proper annoys me and happens everyday down Catherine Street, which is again being dug up, for about the 15th time in 4 years.

Joining ring road towards Thurmaston at Red Hill roundabout.

Road clear, empty excellent visibility.

Twat stops his car to look and indicate instead of merging.

Lorry hits brakes.

Me glancing into wing mirror miss lorry initating braking sequence.

My brakes work. :beer:

17 minutes ago, adam1 said:

Joining ring road towards Thurmaston at Red Hill roundabout.

Road clear, empty excellent visibility.

Twat stops his car to look and indicate instead of merging.

Lorry hits brakes.

Me glancing into wing mirror miss lorry initating braking sequence.

My brakes work. :beer:

Similarly with the Wanlip junction on the A46. There's been several rear-end shunts as people stop to check. There's a problem with that layout IMO. It's very close to the lane separation for the continuing A46 and the right /straight ahead for Thurmaston/Syston, so people heading onto the A46 don't tend to move over to allow traffic to join from Wanlip. Secondly, it's a very short slip road which seems to take many by surprise as you're almost straight onto the main carriageway with little time to assess and adjust. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Parafox said:

Similarly with the Wanlip junction on the A46. There's been several rear-end shunts as people stop to check. There's a problem with that layout IMO. It's very close to the lane separation for the continuing A46 and the right /straight ahead for Thurmaston/Syston, so people heading onto the A46 don't tend to move over to allow traffic to join from Wanlip. Secondly, it's a very short slip road which seems to take many by surprise as you're almost straight onto the main carriageway with little time to assess and adjust. 

You do make a valid point with that one, but in this case the road was empty and there was no need to stop.

Similar annoyance is coming out of anstey onto a50. Cara wait with their indicator to cross three lanes of traffic before turning into their desired lane.

Why not effing merge in lane one and move across as per a competent driver would do.

On 11/11/2020 at 10:42, matty98 said:

image.png.38d98ecd1b857928532478acf594e4ff.png

These new bike lanes that seem to be everywhere at the minute.

They look awful, cause a ridiculous amount of traffic and I don't think I've seen a single cyclist using them.

I use them when I’m on my bike but they’re hell to get out of when I need to turn right and move out in front of the traffic, sooner they weren’t there tbh.

Lorry driver on the A46 this morning not noticing a slow moving vehicle a) almost takes out the 4x4 in front of me as he pulls out without looking b) looked like he was going to jackknife it as he had to brake v sharply to avoid going into the back end of the vehicle in front.

Oh and he had a load of paper folders etc on his dashboard..... i wonder what he was doing.

3 hours ago, adam1 said:

Lorry driver on the A46 this morning not noticing a slow moving vehicle a) almost takes out the 4x4 in front of me as he pulls out without looking b) looked like he was going to jackknife it as he had to brake v sharply to avoid going into the back end of the vehicle in front.

Oh and he had a load of paper folders etc on his dashboard..... i wonder what he was doing.

Checking his drop-offs and the least time needed to complete his trip, or something like that I imagine. Something he should have done before he left the depot. The time it takes to do that before you leave means that time extends your finishing time so truckers tend to do their route planning as they go. I know because I've done trucking on my days off and it's common practice. I never did it as I was an agency driver and I got paid for the hours I worked. I've sat at services just to make more time and more money!

People who are in the wrong lane at traffic light stops and then continue in to your lane i.e. the wrong one, and act as if nothing wrong happened. 

Was at a junction today, my lane goes straight and the lane to the right turns right only as well. The driver one car ahead and in that other lane carries on straight. No indication or hazard lights or anything like that to even signal they might have got it wrong and messed up. Just wondered in to our lane as if it was the normal thing to do.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm sure this must have been mentioned before, but absolute morons who don't know how to drive on the motorway. 

Stay to the left, unless overtaking. 

Seriously, what's so hard to understand?

If you're in the middle lane and no other vehicle is within 100 yards of you, you need shooting.

Some absolute clown thought it was ok to be doing 55 in the outside lane this morning, causing people to undertake him and put everyone around him at risk.

If you're in an area that has roadworks and the limit is reduced to 60mph, it somehow is even worse.

Really winds me up. These people are worse than pedophiles :mad:lol

• Like 3

Woman driving car christmas day evening. All the hallmarks of a p1ssed driver, slow hesitant and all over the place. Then goes up the kerb.

Thing was she wasn't p1ssed as its my missus. Designated driver. I was p1ssed when she fcuking kerbed it.

Her car automatic. My car automatic. My car is only just 20cm wider. She has driven it before. No excuses.

• Haha 1