Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

On 4/26/2017 at 12:33, TiffToff88 said:

I'm fairly sure it used to be like that. God knows why they changed it.

Nope it's always been like that and the reason it's been done that way is otherwise any car wanting to turn right down to dunelm or mcds car park having to wait for someone polite enough to let them across the traffic. Meaning it would take about 4 cars behind to then block up the mini roundabout behind as you come off at asda.

It's essentially to reduce the knock on effect. 3 or 4 cars waiting at that junction to come out the car park is a lesser problem than backing it up to asda and then down the hill to the main roundabout which is always a ****ing nightmare anyway lol

On ‎09‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 21:04, adam1 said:

1) A "safety" camera (words on the van).

2) Deliberately parked so it is obscured by trees but the camera is clear.

3) And located on a dual carriageway where there are no accidents.

It's easy as 1-2-3 to raise money.

I'm doing 85+ over taking several vehicles and a caravan.

B@stards.

How much are fines?

You cant use the position of the camera as an excuse for your speeding lol 

If you accept the fine straight away you may be offered the awareness course.

People who have no lane discipline on roundabouts. The two I'm familiar with where it's a major problem are the ('old') Foxhunter roundabout near Enderby, and the big one at Fosse Park at the bottom of the Mad Mile.

It's scary how many people aren't aware which lane they're supposed to be in. A few times a week I'll see someone in the left-most lane coming from sainsbury's petrol station way (the lane that goes into Braunestone Town, and end up going into the back entrance to Fosse Park. Pay attention to the massive fooling arrows on the road people!

• Like 1

On 2/8/2017 at 12:35, Babylon said:

Finally worked out how to use my dash cam, so anyone that annoys me is going on here now!!

Not exactly the most extreme example, but this happens every day and gets right on my tits. Merged onto the M1 and you have the people coming off the M69 joining on your left. Rather than spend a few seconds in lane 1 (heaven forbid you'd ever have to do that), they just indicate late and chuck themselves in front of you.

I absolutely despise that junction. Genuinely think it's the worst motorway junction of the lot and it's one I use every day lol sounds like I'm making similar journeys to you. I could be one of these dickheads :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

I absolutely despise that junction. Genuinely think it's the worst motorway junction of the lot and it's one I use every day lol sounds like I'm making similar journeys to you. I could be one of these dickheads :ph34r:

Ha ha I should put up some of my others, that was the first day and a nothing incident. Worst bit is the Asda island coming off the motorway at night. I could do a 10 hour Blu-ray of people trying to write both our cars off.

15 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

The Mondeo cuts in followed 20 seconds later by some bellend undertaking, Irresponsible and selfish.

I just think it's an awful junction. Babylon is lucky on this occasion managing to actually get some decent speed on there. The amount of times I end up shouting "YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO ****ING SPEED UP ON HERE" as we're doing about 35 going onto the motorway is beyond belief.

• Like 1

Queueing in traffic on Soar Valley Way at the junction with Lutterworth Road to go straight over towards Saffron Lane. we were backed up to where the road splits into 4 with the right turn lane opening up. There was a car to our offside waiting to move into the right turn lane once the traffic had moved up. As she was about to move a car behind her mounted the central reservation and drove up it then off it into the vacant space in front of her. 5 seconds was all he would have needed to wait before there was room move. 

My crewmate and I were astounded.

Mind you it was a BMW. Two blokes looked like... dare I say... pikeys ... from the travelling community.

I got fined for parking on a yellow line in Narborough for too long. Totally accept responsibility.

But I find out four weeks after the incident because I've missed the deadline to pay half the fine - because someones removed it. Is there any way around this?

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

I got fined for parking on a yellow line in Narborough for too long. Totally accept responsibility.

But I find out four weeks after the incident because I've missed the deadline to pay half the fine - because someones removed it. Is there any way around this?

Removed what? The ticket from your windscreen?

10 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Yeah. Like I say, the first I knew I'd even been fined was a letter saying that I had missed my deadline to pay the half fine.

No idea then mate. It's an offence to remove the ticket from someone's else's car but I don't know how that can help you. Best bet would be to ring them up and explain what happened, and offer to pay the reduced fee immediately.

On 15/07/2017 at 15:18, Dan LCFC said:

I just think it's an awful junction. Babylon is lucky on this occasion managing to actually get some decent speed on there. The amount of times I end up shouting "YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO ****ING SPEED UP ON HERE" as we're doing about 35 going onto the motorway is beyond belief.

That's most slip roads tbf - had one the other day going A47 to A1 southbound, guy just stopped on the slip road with plenty of room to go forward, waiting for all the traffic to go...

Having ridden a motorbike nearly all my life anything that had four wheels used to annoy me

Now that I have a four wheels myself and I do "Think Bike"

Bikes filtering worries me more than annoys me........ seen many friends hurt from cars changing lanes lanes without indicating.

And I saw it today and thought how lucky I've been..... No one hurt today though   :thumbup:

On 11/07/2017 at 15:38, kingcarr21 said:

You cant use the position of the camera as an excuse for your speeding lol 

If you accept the fine straight away you may be offered the awareness course.

Depends - sounds like you are in the new band b so you should be out in six months.

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

Having a horse box merge in front of you and then the horse decides to have a sloppy piss and shit and it shoots out of the gap in the door... I know how Biff Buchanan felt now.

Don't you mean Tannen?

Bloody taxi drivers. Sat a T junction waiting to turn right. Taxi comes up behind me, pulls up level with me (I'm over as far as possible to the right, so turning left is still possible), then sticks his indicators on to go right, and makes a move to try and pull out in front of me. Just queue like a normal ****ing driver.

Edited by The Doctor

16 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Bloody taxi drivers. Sat a T junction waiting to turn right. Taxi comes up behind me, pulls up level with me (I'm over as far as possible to the right, so turning left is still possible), then sticks his indicators on to go right, and makes a move to try and pull out in front of me. Just queue like a normal ****ing driver.

I consider myself and (most) of my colleagues professional drivers, we've been extensively trained. I assume taxi drivers would also consider themselves as "professional" due to their job, but actually, they are just someone driving a car. I hate them with a passion. They are the LEAST professional drivers you could ever come across.

• Like 2