Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

On 5/4/2017 at 11:46, Livid said:

Some absolute loon in a 63 plate White Polo in Coalville this morning. 

I came out a junction behind him, nearing a bridge he pulls out and overtakes the old guy in a fiat in front of him and then slams his brakes on, stopping dead. Then speeds off to the lights, which are on red leans out the window ranting at the old guy. The red mist had clearly descended at this point. Turns towards Morrisons and nearly clips a parked car, gets stuck behind a 4x4 who wanted to turn right and was a little slow reacting to the oncoming car flashing him to turn, the muppet is hitting his horn and leaning out the window gobbing off again. Finally turns into Morrisons car park.

Some people!!

I bet you were livid !

• Like 1

Two Chinhooks flying a couple of hundred feet above the a1 last night.

A bit distracting looking up through your windscreen and seeing one of those beasts hover into view.

• Like 1

People driving beyond their ability when its absolutely p1ssing it down.  Coming back from Surrey today on the M25 and M40 I saw some terrible driving ...   cars going way to fast, hitting standing water and only just keeping control.    Passed 2 crashes ...   you'd have thought other drivers might have seen them too and joined the dots ... 

Not exactly on the road, but i guess this counts - Ignorant **** of a neighbour has been sat in his garden revving his motorbike for the last hour for no apparent reason.

This is the same **** of a neighbour who scratches up my wifes car every time he gets his bike out into the car park from his garden. Police wont do anything as theres no proof, and we cant set up a camera to get proof because the car park is on private land and the owners (Asra Housing) won't give us permission!

On ‎17‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 21:45, Countryfox said:

People driving beyond their ability when its absolutely p1ssing it down.  Coming back from Surrey today on the M25 and M40 I saw some terrible driving ...   cars going way to fast, hitting standing water and only just keeping control.    Passed 2 crashes ...   you'd have thought other drivers might have seen them too and joined the dots ... 

It always amazes me that being one of those Audi/BMW rep knobs I'm the fastest on the road yet in poor weather conditions I seem to be slowest??

• Like 1

Choice of four today, three on the way home.

The DPD driver ignoring the no entry sign to get off our industrial estate and pushing in front of an ambulance with its blues on just so he didn't get caught at the wrong end of a one way.

The boy racer in his second hand merc on Abbey Park Road undertaking everyone and then cutting back in at speed due to a parked car. 

The unmarked blue lorry driver who was driving it like he had stolen it. Swapping lanes at random, driving up the central reservation to get into the right hand filter and then going through a red light.

Finally the UK Waste driver coming off the A46 at the A50 island who saw me coming, waited, waited, waited and eventually came out at snails pace forcing me to brake. No danger of hitting him but I hit the horn just to make a point.

I don't mind people making honest mistakes on the road but there are some dicks out there.

Edited by Livid

• 5 weeks later...

Having just returned from Rome and Italy, Italian drivers. In particular truckers and those with more powerful cars than the sledge I hired.

Not too bad on State Routes (Like our A/B roads) but nonetheless pressuring from behind, moving out to imply they're about to overtake, tailgating on a twisting mountain road, hooting and gesturing. Now, I'm a confident and multi-experienced driver but even I found it unnerving and irritating.

Then there's the Autostrada. Trucks by the hundreds today. it's more or less a dual carriageway but the traffic travels like it's a four lane highway. I was beginning to wonder if Italians buy cars that have indicators as an optional extra. Ridiculous undertaking, cutting in and out, tailgating at 140kph, trucks (and cars) wandering across the lane markings no mirror, signal, manoeuvre. Just manoeuvre.  Gesturing, honking, impatience and aggression all seem to be the norm. I'm not a driver who hangs back, I'm positive and progressive but careful. But Jeez, they have no apparent concept of defensive driving.

At least three times trucks wandered over the lane markings and if I hadn't been more aware, would have pinned me against the central reservation. As I passed them, I gave them a glare only to see they were, each one of the dicks, texting.

Then, near the airport passed a woman as we were travelling at 100kph, with her phone to her ear and her free hand gesturing in the air. No hand on the steering wheel!

Home safe. (I've let Facebook know just in case the world at large was worried)

• 2 weeks later...

People who have no courtesy on the roads, particularly those who cannot be arsed to wave when you've waited and given way to someone.

How difficult is it to raise your hand in acknowledgement?

Also similar theme, idiots who I give way to and flash my lights at them to signal them to go and they just sit there staring straight ahead like idiots. I've given you the signal to go, go, go now! If you weren't looking at me, where the fook were you looking if you didn't see the signal?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Tuna said:

People who have no courtesy on the roads, particularly those who cannot be arsed to wave when you've waited and given way to someone.

How difficult is it to raise your hand in acknowledgement?

Also similar theme, idiots who I give way to and flash my lights at them to signal them to go and they just sit there staring straight ahead like idiots. I've given you the signal to go, go, go now! If you weren't looking at me, where the fook were you looking if you didn't see the signal?

A REAL pet hate of mine. It takes like 17 muscle movements to lift a hand to say thank you. I now resort to giving the ignorant ***** the finger. That only requires 5 muscle movements. Sadly it seems to be mostly younger drivers, in particular women, who don't acknowledge you. 

BTW I'm not a sexist, I'm a factualist.

Birds.  The birds in my area have been trying to commit vehicular suicide lately, particularly the ones on and around country roads.  Over the past couple of weeks the amount of times I've gone around a bend and had to swerve to avoid a small group of pigeons standing gormless on the tarmac or had to hit my brakes because their escape route involves flying slowly in my direction of travel is unreal.

11 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

That 50mph restriction on the M1 between about J15 and J19 seems to have been on for ever. I'm bored shitless of it now.

Yeah I live in the middle of that - and now they've started on 23-25 wish too which is causing smart conversion mayhem...

1) A "safety" camera (words on the van).

2) Deliberately parked so it is obscured by trees but the camera is clear.

3) And located on a dual carriageway where there are no accidents.

It's easy as 1-2-3 to raise money.

I'm doing 85+ over taking several vehicles and a caravan.

B@stards.

How much are fines?

A driver realising he was in the wrong lane on a roundabout in Stoke-on-Trent and cutting at near-90-degrees across three lanes of traffic without a signal or any regard for the consequences.

How the lady in his own lane avoided him I've no idea - she just stopped and sat there laughing at the idiocy of it and I just raised my eyes and shook my head. There was no anger. I guess many of us are programmed to anticipate stupidity these days. Life went on.