Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jon the Hat

2015 Election season ..........stuff it in here.

Very sad to see Nigel Farage go, but very pleased to see a huge rise in the overall UKIP vote. They will only get stronger now.

Absolutely delighted to see that worm Milliband go, and his pathetic, scum ridden Labour party, smashed out of sight. Well done SNP, for thrashing them In Scotland.

More good news, is that the feeble, poisonous, Harriet Harman is to be the new Labour leader. That should be the final nail in Labour's coffin:D

Milliband's smarmy face was a picture, and seeing his false smile wiped off his face in disgrace, was wonderful. lol

Well done David Cameron, and keep up the good work you have done, clearing up the shite that Labour left us in.

In all, a great day. 

BBC just said she's stepping down also

I am sure it will go ahead.  I am also sure Cameron will damn sure he introduces dramatic changes to eligibility for benefits and NHS care before then.

I would be astonished if it didn't go ahead.  You only need a couple of brain cells to see the damage Nick Clegg caused by going back on his word on tuition fees.

Guest MattP

I am sure it will go ahead.  I am also sure Cameron will damn sure he introduces dramatic changes to eligibility for benefits and NHS care before then.

Certainly goes ahead.It

It's just starting to hit home what a huge election this is to win with a majority, English votes for English laws can now go through and there isn't a single thing Labour or the SNP can do about it.

How must the Scots feel today? They have sent 56 MP's down basically to gurn at everything they want to do being tossed out the window and everything they didn't want being pushed through before their eyes.

He said an EU referendum would go ahead at the end of 2017 if there weren't major reforms or concessions from the EU, plenty of caveats to get out of one. 

If we have major reforms then the referendum will be an agreement of those or not.

Certainly goes ahead.It

It's just starting to hit home what a huge election this is to win with a majority, English votes for English laws can now go through and there isn't a single thing Labour or the SNP can do about it.

How must the Scots feel today? They have sent 56 MP's down basically to gurn at everything they want to do being tossed out the window and everything they didn't want being pushed through before their eyes.

The Tories have got a smaller majority than Major had and those years were incredibly chaotic, not sure it'll be so easy passing any and every legislation. DC's got a big job on trying to control those swivel-eyed backbenchers.

It's been a rubbish election from my point of view. Nothing but negative campaigning about issues I don't care about. Followed up with the collapse of the progressive vote everywhere bar Scotland.

Even the Green party didn't really do particularly well, not that I support them, but at least they are campaigning for positive change.

Can't say as I feel very proud to be British, or English right now.

Nah, he'll go to a meeting and come back waving a piece of paper and tell his subjrcts that he has negotiated a great deal  that benefits every hard working man woman and child in Britain and the public will see Dave's smile in the papers and think it must be true, papers do not lie and go three cheers for good old Dave.Hip Hip Hurray

Guest MattP

The Tories have got a smaller majority than Major had and those years were incredibly chaotic, not sure it'll be so easy passing any and every legislation. DC's got a big job on trying to control those swivel-eyed backbenchers.

I don't think this will be a problem at all.

The Major government was one that had been there for about 15 years and governments after that time do start to have division and split, the Tory party should be the most united it has ever been this next 5 years, they'll be absolutely galvanised by this incredible result and will stick together like glue given what it opposite. A lot of them were expecting to lose their seats let alone be sat there with an overall majority.

The Major government was one that had been there for about 15 years and governments after that time do start to have division and split, the Tory party should be the most united it has ever been this next 5 years, they'll be absolutely galvanised by this incredible result and will stick together like glue given what it opposite. A lot of them were expecting to lose their seats let alone be sat there with an overall majority.

Unless a few Tory mps in weaker seats die!!!

muhaha

Be interesting to see where he sticks BoJo.

Ed Milliband was always a terrible leader from day 1, but I am still gutted to see the Tories win a majority after 5 years of broken promises, marginalising the poor and xenophobic attitudes to scots and Europeans. Dread to think what they will do this time around with no Libs to moderate them - for a start I'm pretty sure we will be out of the EU by the end of this parliament and those unspecified 12bn welfare cuts were unspecified for good reason - they'll be hugely unpopular.

I'm based in Scotland and voted SNP (although I voted no in the referendum) precisely so Scotland could have a more coherent voice in Westminster. Even if the scots hadn't voted in such a way, labour wouldn't have made the numbers up in England to govern, especially with the lib dems doing so badly.

I do feel for the lib dems. I think they've been honest and have provided stable government, whilst bringing in some pretty decent polities that the Tories have taken credit for. As a minority coalition partner they were never going to get their whole 2010 manifesto through so it's a shame they get lambasted on the tuition fees thing as they never had enough of a mandate to get it through.

Would love to know if those complaining about UKIP having a disproportionate amount of seats against their national share of votes voted against AV (or didnt vote at all) in that particular referendum...

Also raises the question - if we did have AV what constituencies would all these UKIP MPs hold? If they didn't come first in their constituency they would be hugely unpopular locally.

Running a quick PR calculation of the vote share (with 649 seats since St Ives still haven't declared); it would have finished:

CONS: 241 (-89)

LAB: 201 (-31)

LIB: 49 (+41)

UKIP: 82 (+81)

Greens: 23 (+22)

SNP: 30 (-26)

Plaid: 5 (+2)

DUP: 6 (-2)

SF: 6 (+2)

SDLP: 3 (No Change)

UUP: 3 (+1)

Quite clear FPTP is broken - UKIP gain enough votes to be the third party by quite a margin and they come out with 1: 81 down on what their vote share should suggest...

Running a quick PR calculation of the vote share (with 649 seats since St Ives still haven't declared); it would have finished:

Quite clear FPTP is broken - UKIP gain enough votes to be the third party by quite a margin and they come out with 1: 81 down on what their vote share should suggest...

And the only 2 parties that could form a coalition would be Labour and Tory, otherwise it would be a 3 party coalition, and even more chaos.

I do wonder how the popular vote would change if it was pure PR, would so many people have voted UKIP or Green if they thought they could actually wield serious power, and how many wouldn't have tactically, and how many more people would have voted if they thought it would actually count.

And the only 2 parties that could form a coalition would be Labour and Tory, otherwise it would be a 3 party coalition, and even more chaos.

I do wonder how the popular vote would change if it was pure PR, would so many people have voted UKIP or Green if they thought they could actually wield serious power, and how many wouldn't have tactically, and how many more people would have voted if they thought it would actually count.

You could argue a Tory/UKIP coalition could scrap together at 323 based on those numbers.

Broken? seems a blessing.

Not to the people who voted to give them the third highest share of the vote... far from a UKIP supporter but doesn't look democratic to me.

Exactly. I'm no UKIP voter but a system where they can get nearly 4m votes whilst the SNP can get under 1.5m but still get 56 times the representation in parliament then them is crap

Not to the people who voted to give them the third highest share of the vote... far from a UKIP supporter but doesn't look democratic to me. 

Except that no where do enough people like UKIP for them the largest share of the vote.  Maybe UKIP supports should all move somewhere together.

Archived