Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jon the Hat

2015 Election season ..........stuff it in here.

Guest MattP

Possibly voting would be different in marginal seats with say Green and Labour or Tory and UKIP. How many voted Labour but preferred Green

Not many I'd imagine. Even putting together the vote of both of those and using PR they wouldn't have got as many seats as the Conservatives did. The Green surge turned out to be nothing, ironically if you voted Green anywhere but Brighton, you wasted a piece of paper.

We can put any sort of vote change in the bin now anyway for at least 5 years, it's not going to change under a Tory (or any other) majority government.

Not many I'd imagine. Even putting together the vote of both of those and using PR they wouldn't have got as many seats as the Conservatives did. The Green surge turned out to be nothing, ironically if you voted Green anywhere but Brighton, you wasted a piece of paper.

We can put any sort of vote change in the bin now anyway for at least 5 years, it's not going to change under a Tory (or any other) majority government.

True. I once saw a few years back before the  break up of Liberals that they wanted  PR but if they got in it would be in their interest  to change it back.

Broken? seems a blessing.

Nah. I'm no UKIP fan but the simple thing is that in terms of support they're the third biggest party in the country, and yet have practically no seats, finishing with less seats than even Plaid Cymru, a party they even beat in Wales.

Guest MattP

The last ounce of credibility drains away from Russell Brand lol lol Now tries to distance himself from Miliband.

http://www.theguardian.com/culture/2015/may/08/russell-brand-stages-climbdown-over-support-for-ed-miliband-labour-comedian

He said: “I think for a moment I got caught up in some mad The Thick of It, oh wow, Ed Miliband’s in my house … People were telling me, journalists, people who know loads about politics, look if Labour don’t get in it’s going to really be bad because independent living fund will get cut, public services are going get cut more than ever, its going to get worse for very poor people, the climate of the country is going to get mean and nasty. And now actually the Conservatives have won.”

Perched on the end of his bed, Brand tells his viewers that he did not want to become a “de facto spokesman for people who don’t vote”.

The Essex-born comedian admits that when he interviewing Miliband he believed he could “probably influence the outcome of an election” and now accepts this is not the case.

Brand – who has attempted to position himself as an anti-corporate, anti-politics agitator – also laments the power of the “establishment” and “old media”.

“There was a moment where I felt like old media doesn’t have the same power as it used to, people don’t listen to the front pages of the Sun or the Mail – these things seem kind of ridiculous but evidently that is not the case,” he said.

“Evidently the old media, the establishment, is a powerful thing. David Cameron is the prime minister of this country with more seats than before. After all the things that have been happening for the last five years the result is ‘let’s keep that guy in charge’.”

Wtf, I could have done better

I can only assume they stayed up all night in some kind of horror and are really really tired.  Or in shock.  The whole thing reads like hysteria.  AHAHHHAHAHAHAHHHAAAAAAAAOMG!

41ec2908b13f09c7c02948f5a1ffd2e4.png

58e56c3f49ad72bb718b7c2817eaf16c.png

dffd8f1ba7392c0c3eb6e302cfa1c33a.png

This woman is an MP.

Sad when people can vote for a person like that.

Must be a new world in the UK.

Sad when people can vote for a person like that.

Must be a new world in the UK.

But they don't vote for her. they vote for the party, the individual is largely irrelevant in the UK elections, just put a cross next to the party you always vote for.

Archived