kingfox Posted 29 November 2014 Posted 29 November 2014 Fans overrated our chances, some saying before the season started, that we are already better than about six teams was a ludicrous thing to say. Our recruitment in the summer wasn't good enough, and some of our players from last season are proving they are just Championship standard. Having David Nugent as back up is bloody depressing, Drinkwater has looked a shadow of himself, De Laet isn't good enough, we can't afford to keep playing Konch at left-back, Vardy can run & run but how many chances does he bloody need, Mahrez & Schlupp can offer a lot but are inconsistent, not keen on some of our back up especially Upson & Knockaert, I love Kasper and he does make some key saves, but I'm even starting to lose faith in him. We have a lot of Championship standard players, while Pearson is slowly proving to be a Championship standard manager. Take your head out your arses, open your eyes and look at the bigger picture, he has done a phenomenal job for us but like it or not right now he looks out of his depth, for me he has taken us as far as he can. Changes needed.
lgfualol Posted 29 November 2014 Posted 29 November 2014 Pearson - "defence was great". It was all mahrezs fault. That is so Pearson. Why is Mahrez the only player he seems to mention when pointing out mistakes. I mean am I right? I never hear him say anyone else.
Donut Posted 29 November 2014 Posted 29 November 2014 That is so Pearson. Why is Mahrez the only player he seems to mention when pointing out mistakes. I mean am I right? I never hear him say anyone else. First goal arguably was his fault to be fair. But your point remains
MooseBreath Posted 29 November 2014 Posted 29 November 2014 Schlupp is the only player who bothers to run at defenders He ran at defenders a couple of times today I'll give him that. Trouble is he has got no dribbling ability at all. The only trick in his armory is the old knock it past the defender and outrun him thing. That's not enough for the premiership when most full backs are pacy. Everytime he ran at a defender today he lost it. Says it all. Mahrez runs at and actually beats defenders. He's a hundred times the winger Schlupp will ever be.
Guest Posted 29 November 2014 Posted 29 November 2014 That I watch us when we play? The bloke was winning tackles all over the place and moves the ball much better than most of our players. Bet you think Schlupp was amazing don't you? I thought Schlupp had a decent game. I think he's been one of our better players this season. I only get annoyed because folk on here seem to think we are going to p*ss this league like we did last year. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Get used to this feeling, we're going to lose a lot more than we win. We will climb off the bottom, we will get out of the bottom 3, this doesn't mean we're nailed on to stay up because we will drop back again. 4th bottom come may and kick on next season. I'll join the Pearson haters this time next year if we are in the same position. My thinking too.
ScouseFox Posted 29 November 2014 Posted 29 November 2014 schlupp doesn't run at players he runs into players like a ****ing idiot
lgfualol Posted 29 November 2014 Posted 29 November 2014 First goal arguably was his fault to be fair. But your point remains Well I think at the time we were giving them a lot of time and possession. Group effort.
martyn Posted 29 November 2014 Posted 29 November 2014 That is so Pearson. Why is Mahrez the only player he seems to mention when pointing out mistakes. I mean am I right? I never hear him say anyone else.Nige probably think it validates leaving him out recently when every fan was clamouring for his introduction.Love NP and ideally don't want him to go but not sure why he'd look to potentially alienate our only creative player.
peach0000 Posted 29 November 2014 Posted 29 November 2014 He ran at defenders a couple of times today I'll give him that. Trouble is he has got no dribbling ability at all. The only trick in his armory is the old knock it past the defender and outrun him thing. That's not enough for the premiership when most full backs are pacy. Everytime he ran at a defender today he lost it. Says it all. Mahrez runs at and actually beats defenders. He's a hundred times the winger Schlupp will ever be. For me Mahrez loses possession far to much, Schlupp tries but is sometimes lacking the final product but that will come with time, then for me schlupp could be a quality winger
Guest Posted 29 November 2014 Posted 29 November 2014 He ran at defenders a couple of times today I'll give him that. Trouble is he has got no dribbling ability at all. The only trick in his armory is the old knock it past the defender and outrun him thing. That's not enough for the premiership when most full backs are pacy. Everytime he ran at a defender today he lost it. Says it all. Mahrez runs at and actually beats defenders. He's a hundred times the winger Schlupp will ever be. He ran and beat defenders. He's like a better and younger version of an ex city player now at watford.
dayday Posted 29 November 2014 Posted 29 November 2014 Stringer asks the question again do you fear for your job,Nigel says what will be,will be. Stringer reckons he is looking a little resigned,how's he supposed to be?
Callabinho Posted 29 November 2014 Posted 29 November 2014 I've said it before and will again, we can all argue for and against Nigel, however there's a big banner with King Power on it, ultimately that is what this club is about right now, like it or lump it.
MooseBreath Posted 29 November 2014 Posted 29 November 2014 That is so Pearson. Why is Mahrez the only player he seems to mention when pointing out mistakes. I mean am I right? I never hear him say anyone else. He doesn't like Mahrez, I think that's pretty clear. Personally I can't see how their first goal was even Mahrez' fault. RDL is the full back who failed to block the cross.
MC Prussian Posted 29 November 2014 Author Posted 29 November 2014 Albrighton is left footed. You want him to put crosses in, you put him on the left. You want someone in the box to get on the end of the crosses, you play Ulloa. Pearson brings Albrighton onto the right wing and takes off Ulloa. Genius nige. Genius. Doesn't matter on what side you put your wingers or what foot they're using, as long as those crosses come into the box and find the right teammate. Agree with the lack of service for Ulloa, can't remember him being set up by either side today.
Monsell1976 Posted 29 November 2014 Posted 29 November 2014 Well, he was on the pitch for only seven minutes. What did you expect? A performance like Solskjaer's?No put a player in who doesn't panic when he gets the ball, can win a header, and doesn't take forever to shot when given a glorious chance
Donut Posted 29 November 2014 Posted 29 November 2014 Surely there is a time where we have to be hard to beat, and theres a time to be expansive. Playing a 4-4-2 and conceding 32 efforts on goal is frankly ridiculous
Guest Posted 29 November 2014 Posted 29 November 2014 Stringer asks the question again do you fear for your job,Nigel says what will be,will be. Stringer reckons he is looking a little resigned,how's he supposed to be? It's a shame that Stringer can't be fired as easily. He doesn't like Mahrez, I think that's pretty clear. Personally I can't see how their first goal was even Mahrez' fault. RDL is the full back who failed to block the cross. What a wrong sentence in so many ways.
MooseBreath Posted 29 November 2014 Posted 29 November 2014 He ran and beat defenders. He's like a better and younger version of an ex city player now at watford. I can remember him knocking the ball past a defender and successfully sprinting to catch up with it twice, both times he promptly lost the ball.
GingerrrFox Posted 29 November 2014 Posted 29 November 2014 If Nigel had to go, I'd take Glenn Hoddle. Pulis can **** off.
MC Prussian Posted 29 November 2014 Author Posted 29 November 2014 No put a player in who doesn't panic when he gets the ball, can win a header, and doesn't take forever to shot when given a glorious chance Did you take a closer look at our options on the bench at that point? There's not much else to choose from.
Monsell1976 Posted 29 November 2014 Posted 29 November 2014 He doesn't like Mahrez, I think that's pretty clear. Personally I can't see how their first goal was even Mahrez' fault. RDL is the full back who failed to block the cross.RDL was destroyed at right back today, and what has Simpson got to do to get a chance, ok probably not as good going forward, but surely offers better protection at the back.
Harry - LCFC Posted 29 November 2014 Posted 29 November 2014 Albrighton is left footed. You want him to put crosses in, you put him on the left. You want someone in the box to get on the end of the crosses, you play Ulloa. Pearson brings Albrighton onto the right wing and takes off Ulloa. Genius nige. Genius. I'm pretty confident he's right footed. He was always played on the right at Villa.
MooseBreath Posted 29 November 2014 Posted 29 November 2014 It's a shame that Stringer can't be fired as easily. What a wrong sentence in so many ways. What's a full back for if you expect a winger to carry out their defensive duties for them?
Heart-Shaped Fox Posted 29 November 2014 Posted 29 November 2014 Our set piece defending is absolutely ****ing garbage it really is. Free headers we give away all the time and it was the same last season but the opposition didn't punish us as much. Its embarrassing. Do we not work on this ever???? Kasper is very much under the spot light for me also I think. In the air he just looks dodgy and doesn't command his area well. Fact he ends up making a good save is usually due to his lack of presence anyway. Something needs to change and NP isn't covering himself in glory.
nettle Posted 29 November 2014 Posted 29 November 2014 If Nigel had to go, I'd take Glenn Hoddle. Pulis can **** off.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.