Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Claridge

Morgan

No one is re-writing his time with us, people are correctly pointing out that at this level (a level the club has spent approaching 50% of its history in) he is quite frankly one of the worst we've had in recent memory.

He's worse than Taggs, Walsh, Elliott, Prior, Dabizas (and he was shite), Howey, Watts, Gilchrist...

He is on a par with Matt Heath though

M4dogg or whatever his name is was saying he was one of the worst, nothing to do with this level, worst overall.

morgan is not very good and been found wanting at this level.

but it's just  getting boring to  continually slag him off.

i didn't rate him in the champ, his lack of pace was an obvious problem, as was his lack of a footballing brain.

but the players around him made up  for his shortcomings in  the champ.

this year that hasn't happened so his ineptitude has been exposed for all to  see.

there i'm done.

We will be relegated simply because we have needed to have scored 2 or more goals in 17 of the games this season to achieve a draw, terrible defending and the one constant has been Wes Morgan. Decent championship player but not replacing Wes in the summer and relying on him so heavily has been Nigel's biggest mistake.

Morgan is blatantly not good enough at PL level as has been proved this season. Morgan goes to ground too easily; could've stayed on his feet for the first goal at Man City (although we had seven players in our box to their three), then made a pitiful attempt to clear for the second, trying to use his right foot when he probably could've blocked it or hooked it away with his left.

Pearson also has to take some blame for continually picking him. 

Another blind spot for Pearson is at left back. Konchesky wasn't that good in the Championship IMHO. The young lad Chilwell is highly thought of; I reckon he might feature in the Championship next season.

Some of his positioning v Man City was ridiculous. Half the time he (and the other two centre backs) were relying on the linesman to do their ****ing job for them.

I thought Morgan was fairly solid today - apart from perhaps the second goal when he allowed Milner in front, nowhere near as bad as others are making out. Not as good as Huth, but better than Upson.

One thing I don't understand is when people question Morgan's pace. He moves pretty well in my opinion! I agree he isn't our long term solution if we want to be in the prem however he is no more culpable than Upson who has been pretty poor since coming in.

Against Hull I'd like to see:

Schwarzer

De Laet   Morgan   Huth   Konchesky

Mahrez   Cambiasso   James   Schlupp

Kramaric      Vardy

Morgan blocks a lot of shots by going to the floor and spreading himself. Why scapegoat him? If he didn't do it for the first goal it goes straight in the net anyway.

This is a strange argument because without a control situation, we don't know if he could have blocked the goals while staying on his feet. And if he hadn't blocked the shot we don't know if the shot would have gone in. So, I'd say he has blocked shots, rather than blocked goals.

Last night's goal for instance, instead of falling to the floor if he had blocked the shot with his foot, the ball might have gone further away from the goal, and he would have been ready to block the second shot.

On the floor you are out of the game.

I don't get it how people can use the "blocked shots" argument as a case in point for Morgan? I'm baffled as to why that's even an argument.

Like many others, I wanted him to do well and have done so for a very long time, but his mistakes at the back are now amounting to close-to-tragedy levels.

Blocked shots may be a wonderful stat to pull - but what about marking, positioning, heading, tackling, reading the game, clearances, etc. In many of those categories, he's flattered to deceive. And then the two own goals...

On the whole, it's somewhat tragic that our captain out of all people has come up with so many blunders this season, when he should be the one giving everyone around him confidence - I think he's let himself down more than anything and I can't see his antics helping the team overall. I am also surprised Pearson still sticks with him on such a regular basis.

It's not about 'scapegoating' but Morgan's made a lot of individual errors this season and is seemingly immune from being dropped / rested when others, who have been much less of a liability, have been left out - Wasyl is a prime example.

Yes, yes and yes. Morgan has never played at this level previously, and it's so bloody obvious. Was is by far the better of the two, but Nigel can't bring himself to drop his "captain"

Morgan is blatantly not good enough at PL level as has been proved this season. Morgan goes to ground too easily; could've stayed on his feet for the first goal at Man City (although we had seven players in our box to their three), then made a pitiful attempt to clear for the second, trying to use his right foot when he probably could've blocked it or hooked it away with his left.

Pearson also has to take some blame for continually picking him.

Another blind spot for Pearson is at left back. Konchesky wasn't that good in the Championship IMHO. The young lad Chilwell is highly thought of; I reckon he might feature in the Championship next season.

I can't understand people blaming Morgan for the second. Schlupp is at fault- he lets that cross come over so easily. He's a yard too far forward, and there is zero concentration , aggression, determination from him to bloody stop the ball coming into our box.

Archived