Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Claridge

Morgan

I don't get it how people can use the "blocked shots" argument as a case in point for Morgan? I'm baffled as to why that's even an argument.

Like many others, I wanted him to do well and have done so for a very long time, but his mistakes at the back are now amounting to close-to-tragedy levels.

Blocked shots may be a wonderful stat to pull - but what about marking, positioning, heading, tackling, reading the game, clearances, etc. In many of those categories, he's flattered to deceive. And then the two own goals...

On the whole, it's somewhat tragic that our captain out of all people has come up with so many blunders this season, when he should be the one giving everyone around him confidence - I think he's let himself down more than anything and I can't see his antics helping the team overall. I am also surprised Pearson still sticks with him on such a regular basis.

Does the ball hitting him on his massive arse count as a blocked shot?

I can't understand people blaming Morgan for the second. Schlupp is at fault- he lets that cross come over so easily. He's a yard too far forward, and there is zero concentration , aggression, determination from him to bloody stop the ball coming into our box.

Also if he tried to clear it with his left, i'd fully expect him to slice it into the top corner of his own net.

He's embarrasing.

Also if he tried to clear it with his left, i'd fully expect him to slice it into the top corner of his own net.

He's embarrasing.

this vitriol towards Morgan is the most embarassing thing. this is a guy who was one of, if not our best player for the last two seasons (go and read everyone creaming their pants about him in the MOM threads last season).

what about this season against everton when everyone was spaffing about "where's lukaku?, oh, he's in big wes' pocket".

i don't accept he has been as bad as some of the people on here are claiming, he's made a few errors, probably should be dropped in a two (was and huth), but not in a three (was, huth, wes).

this vitriol towards Morgan is the most embarassing thing. this is a guy who was one of, if not our best player for the last two seasons (go and read everyone creaming their pants about him in the MOM threads last season).

what about this season against everton when everyone was spaffing about "where's lukaku?, oh, he's in big wes' pocket".

i don't accept he has been as bad as some of the people on here are claiming, he's made a few errors, probably should be dropped in a two (was and huth), but not in a three (was, huth, wes).

A few errors? and no he wasn't that good even in the championship.Look at the goals we conceeded last year,cross comes in Morgan doesn't react or slides on his arse. Difference is we didn't get attacked much so he wasn't messing up every other game.

Feels like we play 3 to accomadate him and its not working. We have let 2 goals in each game with 5 at the back. Pearson love for Morgan will get us relegated and probably lose him his job

I'm fed up of seeing camera angles side-on to our back line for offside/onside calls and seeing Morgan one or two yards behind everyone else. If sitting at home watching MOTD I can see that he's consistently responsible for playing people onside, how can the coaching staff/the rest of the players not see this and do something about it?

I think it's a lack of confidence, possibly owing to a deficiency in pace, that sees him drop deeper quicker than the rest but it must be infuriating for Upson and Huth for them to hold a good line and then have it undermined by Morgan dropping deep.

At the minute he cuts the figure of a man struggling to keep up with the standard and trying to counteract his deficiencies by dropping off and going to ground in desperation. All of this whilst our best defender this season (Wasilewski) has to sit on the bench. It's a poor decision by Pearson to keep playing him and one that could easily cost us any chance at staying up seeing as we keep conceding soft goals.

Watching the highlights again.

Schlupp giving the ball away, and Morgan then just falling to the floor. Terrible. 

The second goal, it's basically 2 v 5 (incl. MS) and again it's Morgan in front of Milner who fails to deal with the ball properly. Is it totally his fault? No, it was a great cross, and Schlupp probably could of put more pressure on to make the cross less effective. But our defense, and Morgan is the Captain of the whole team, that looks terrible.

Yep, along with his continued obsession with playing Schwarzer, Simpson and Konchesky. We have better options than all of them.

Schwarzer played very well last night but Hamer should've kept his place in my opinion.

I'm struggling to defend some of Pearson's selections in recent months.

The amount of times Cammby (and James) just sort of ambled back after we lost posession is appalling.

Hopefully we will revert to a flat back 4 vs Hull and try and win the midfield rather than packing the defence.

Morgan has to go if that happens

What the hell is he doing for the second goal? Basic defending to clear with your left foot there - there's far more risk letting it come across your body and trying to clear with your right foot then risking a slice with your left. Jesus.

What the hell is he doing for the second goal? Basic defending to clear with your left foot there - there's far more risk letting it come across your body and trying to clear with your right foot then risking a slice with your left. Jesus.

My thoughts exactly. He's not cut out at PL level, sadly, despite being very solid in the Championship. Then again that's true for a few of them...

That'll be out of the Steve "City Legend" Walsh book of defending.    See the chapter entitled "one foot is all you need".  Wes has a long way to go before he can rival Walshie.  For a start he's got to break a few jaws and get himself sent off pointlessly a few times.  

Anyone else drive all the way to M'boro to see that tw*t get himself sent off in the 1st half? 4-0 at halftime if memory serves.......   Quality.

Archived