ARTY_FOX Posted 2 December 2014 Posted 2 December 2014 I can't understand how people can say that we were rubbish tonight or that we only showed passion when down to 10 men. Tonight was so much better than what we have watched in alot of our recent games. Yes there were mistakes at times but Liverpool never looked different class, like a team playing champions league football against a side struggling for form and sitting bottom of the league. At the back after they scored is where it went wrong from what I saw until that point I didn't think we did that poorly and ended up being architects of our own downfall by sloppy passing.As much as people love to slate him konchesky received the ball when they really should have looked elsewhere alot, although his lazy passes beyond the midfield need to stop and stop soon. Midfield played well for me tonight aswell got stuck in and were unlucky a couple.of times but both had pretty decent games. Mahrez had a more average game but still produced a couple of moments of magic and schluup did what he had to being played in all sorts of different positions Ulloa fantastic in the goal, Liverpool switched off and he kept it in and punished them, and vardy once again ran his socks off. They all showed passion today they all showed some fight and they looked like they want to play for Leicester again. If we can take those positives from today into Sunday we'll get a result we didn't look bad tonight even down to 10 men some sloppy play cost us. Wether your Pearson out or not let's just get behind the team sing and shout till our voices go and show support to the very last, seasons not over yet.
Callabinho Posted 2 December 2014 Posted 2 December 2014 Deflated, we should have got something out of that, silly stupid mistakes are costing us dearly at the moment, and we don't seem to be getting any breaks. We played okay tonight but it just seems to be one pass away, one tackle away, it's infuriating and I'm not really sure what to say, I feel for Nigel because tonight you could see the players fight for him. I just hope we get a lucky break soon, or is there such a thing in this league?
The Horse's Mouth Posted 2 December 2014 Posted 2 December 2014 spot on IMO. Of course that's what I mean..not that his is the definitive answer! You are making an argument for sacking Pearson there surely? Surely he's saying the squad are awful and it doesnt matter what **** is in charge
MC Prussian Posted 2 December 2014 Posted 2 December 2014 spot on IMO. Of course that's what I mean..not that his is the definitive answer! You are making an argument for sacking Pearson there surely? Babs is just pointing out that you are being your usual elusive self.
Guest Col city fan Posted 2 December 2014 Posted 2 December 2014 Surely he's saying the squad are awful and it doesnt matter what **** is in charge I think that's what Babs is saying really...
Babylon Posted 2 December 2014 Posted 2 December 2014 spot on IMO. Of course that's what I mean..not that his is the definitive answer! You are making an argument for sacking Pearson there surely? We all over estimated the players ability and not just Pearson. Also, I couldn't make a call on Pearson without the facts on budgets, wage caps and the like. The owners know what has gone on so I trust their judgement. It's infuriating because I really don't think we're a million miles away. Stupid stupid errors are costing us.
Tuna Posted 2 December 2014 Posted 2 December 2014 Here is a question, why the fook are penniless Burnley better than us?
Kitchandro Posted 2 December 2014 Posted 2 December 2014 Have we got a better squad than them? That's a very bold statement and I'd doubt we're bottom just due to players in bad form. Well, yeh. We're bottom because our manager has fvcked up spectacularly.
Guest Col city fan Posted 2 December 2014 Posted 2 December 2014 We all over estimated the players ability and not just Pearson. Also, I couldn't make a call on Pearson without the facts on budgets, wage caps and the like. The owners know what has gone on so I trust their judgement. It's infuriating because I really don't think we're a million miles away. Stupid stupid errors are costing us. You know, I get this 'stupid errors' thing. Of course. But you're a bright man. Aren't stupid errors usually consigned to a handful per season? More than that (they seem to be on an almost game by game basis at the mo), usually indicate a bigger problem don't they? A confidence problem, a tactical problem or the such like? In my experience they do.
Babylon Posted 2 December 2014 Posted 2 December 2014 Surely he's saying the squad are awful and it doesnt matter what **** is in chargeI don't think they are awful, like I said one minute they do something great the next minute they are blue square premier standard. It's infuriating!!Is it confidence issues or ability or a mixture of both (probably the latter).
tickler28 Posted 2 December 2014 Posted 2 December 2014 I don't know where we go from here. I genuinely can't see our next win, i'll admit in recent weeks i've been saying that as a soundbite but I am serious now I fear and can't see where it is coming. Cambiasso open goal, 18 yards out I didn't get mad, i'm past getting mad now, I was just disappointed, sad there in disbelief, it felt like i'd took a hayemaker that took the wind out of my sails, sorry to sound melodramatic. I've hardly spoke to anyone since last Saturday because I was in such anger but i'm done with anger now, i'm resigned to it all. I didn't think we played bad tonight, can't really fault anyone as such, individual errors again, but on a whole we played well, i'd like to say we were unlucky but the simple fact is if we can't convert an open goal from 18 yards out with plenty of time on the ball you can't really call that unlucky can you? Regardless of that we went 1-0 up anyway....we sat back again though! Why? We put ourselves under pressure again! Why? Once we let them get it back to 1-1 it was game over, it was a matter of time. On the bright side, I did win £40, I was going to put £100 on us going down, but I thought seeing as I genuinely can't see where our next win is going to come from i'm just going to bankroll until we do win, I think that'll be more profitable that putting £100 on us going down - It's a sad state of affairs but I may aswell make some money out of our misery. You have basically summed up how I feel now. I haven't given up caring but I have given up getting upset and angry...just dispondant now and a little numb. After Saturdays result I promised myself not to get down if we lose again and I didn't...I think oh well at least were not getting stuffed...there's still hope as were not cut adrift yet and we beat Man U and are in the Premier League with cash to spend if we stay up/go down so it ain't all bad
Babylon Posted 2 December 2014 Posted 2 December 2014 You know, I get this 'stupid errors' thing. Of course. But you're a bright man. Aren't stupid errors usually consigned to a handful per season? More than that (they seem to be on an almost game by game basis at the mo), usually indicate a bigger problem don't they? A confidence problem, a tactical problem or the such like? In my experience they do. Read my first posts from tonight where I covered that. I think confidence is playing a big part along with some lack of ability in plaves and as I said I blame Pearson for surrendering that.
Guest Col city fan Posted 2 December 2014 Posted 2 December 2014 Read my first posts from tonight where I covered that. I think confidence is playing a big part along with some lack of ability in plaves and as I said I blame Pearson for surrendering that. Fair play to ya. I agree.
fuchsntf Posted 2 December 2014 Posted 2 December 2014 The season of goodwill is upon us, the turn around starts now. Our... oh no hos, will turn into yo ho ho s, and happy new year. The turkeys are ready for stuffing, there are points to be found in the xmas pud. Christmas lights will shine on the city once again.
lcfcbobby Posted 2 December 2014 Posted 2 December 2014 Mahrez was absolutely woeful he tried far too much tricky shite and kept loosing the ball! he has done it for the past few weeks its time to give Albrighton a proper chance! We have been struggling to defend corners and free kicks we cant deal with them and something needs to be sorted! and I have never seen so many of our corners and free kicks not beat the first man! On the other side of it De laet had Sterling in his back pocket so Sterling resorted to diving for the whole game, im ashamed to call myself English after seeing an England international dive soo much!!! I have always been a supporter of Pearson but I think his tactics and squad selection has been poor the past few weeks! Obviously I don't know what goes on behind closed doors and in training but something needs to change! Im not saying I want Pearson out but something needs to change!!! And if the Board do decide to get rid of Pearson it needs to be now rather then later to give us a couple of weeks to find a suitable replacement, and then that will give the new manager a couple of weeks to evaluate the squad and then come the start of January transfer window he will have an idea of where he needs to strengthen the squad and get his own players in. if its left too late nothing will happen and we will not get players in to improve the squad and then it will be back to the championship for us!!!
fuchsntf Posted 2 December 2014 Posted 2 December 2014 Here is a question, why the fook are penniless Burnley better than us? They have played better than us, but no matter,with ourselves, Burnley, QPR, Hull, WBA, Palace, Sunderland, and maybe Villa, will be fighting to win the positions above 18th.
UpTheLeagueFox Posted 2 December 2014 Posted 2 December 2014 I've not seen us that much in the flesh this season but a couple of thoughts on tonight - I like Mahrez but he was anonymous/disappointing for most of the game; wouldn't surprise me if Kasper gets dropped; I liked what Cambiasso did through out, apart from missing that massive chance.
Guest Basildon Fox Posted 2 December 2014 Posted 2 December 2014 Can we put this to bed now. Mahrez was not great tonight but his pass that led to the goal was sublime and had quality stamped all over it. Little else that Leicester did was for the rest of the match. Full of honest endeavour but a lack of genuine quality and littered with very expensive mistakes from missing open goals to the perfect cushioned laybacks from our captain.
fuchsntf Posted 2 December 2014 Posted 2 December 2014 I would now with an away game, throw the gauntlet down to the fring players, and say go out and prove yourselves.
Donut Posted 2 December 2014 Posted 2 December 2014 I could post my thoughts, but it would need about 5 pages. The sad thing for me is, Its almost whatever we do, whatever we try, it still leaves a weakness in some area that is always ruthlessly exposed, and were just not good enough. I kind of agree with Michael Owen really. His early comments about going long, i thought that might be the way forward tonight, Knock it long, get bodies around the 2nd ball, almost bypass the midfield and activate them on the loose ball. But im just deflated about the fact that our quality isnt there
inckley fox Posted 2 December 2014 Posted 2 December 2014 A fair summary. It's infuriating that players are being so inconsistent, so many times a player does something well and they makes an awful pass, shot, clearance etc. Much of that can be down to low confidence, and Pearson should rightly take the blame for that by surrendering the initiative for too many games. I feel like we're more on the right track than we were with the diamond now and he's doing the right things again but the player's quality is letting us and him down. I think Wes has been ok so far but he's made several costly errors now of late so we'll see how we do without him. Kasper, well I think that's the first cast iron mistake along with a lot of 50/50's and the management need to think hard on him because if his shot stopping is causing problems as well then he'll have to be swapped out. I'm not really sure what the answer is with what we've got to work with. I genuinely think it's confidence, as opposed to a lack of quality, which is hitting some of these players now. The performance, and - for what my opinion's worth - the tactical approach to things appears to be better. But Morgan was outstanding for us in the first eight or nine games. He and Moore / Wasilewski have been under tremendous pressure all season long, largely because of the weakness of our full backs. Eventually mistakes are inevitable, confidence suffers, players who aren't especially a problem start to look like they're a problem. On top of that you've got the fact that this new look and considerably more competent-looking line-up is still settling, as a consequence of Pearson's unnecessary tinkering. This is what happens if you look to take Moore / Mahrez / Drinkwater / Albrighton out of the team before you bother focusing on, say, De Laet. Pearson has to have at least until Sunday's game. Minor tweaks are needed, and perhaps a hefty chunk of luck - however undeserved - to restore confidence. But I don't think the boss is doing himself any favours by being confrontational, or refusing to acknowledge weakness. At the moment he looks just a little like so many other PL novices who have failed before him - lauding the effort of his side and calling for patience, while simultaneously spectacularly losing his own. Matty James said today that 'we can't put our finger on what's wrong'. I can't help but feel that more successful managers would leave their players with no doubt as to what was wrong, and what needed putting right. Whether Pearson can do this, in spite of appearing to go to lengths to do the opposite, will probably decide his fate.
kingfox Posted 2 December 2014 Posted 2 December 2014 Same problems over and over again. Sloppy defensive errors, failing to stop crosses & looking poor when it comes to the final third. In all fairness I thought De Laet had a decent game tonight, I thought he would be much worse, but still two goals came from his side again, and that's down to him losing his positioning & others not tracking back quick enough. Schlupp made no attempt to stop the cross for the first goal, while Morgan made a pathetic weak clearance, same can be said on the second goal, then he hacks at a clearance get's it terribly wrong & get's sent off, basic errors over and over again. Going forward wasn't much better, Ulloa did ok in parts but at times his first touch was woeful, which resulted in losing the ball. We also resulted in hoofing it up the field to Jamie Vardy of all players, you really expect him to win headers against the likes of Skrtel & Toure The wingers weren't much better, thought that was Jeff's worst home game of the season, while Mahrez was bloody diabolical how anybody can defend him after tonight is beyond me, constantly giving the ball away & his first touch was laughable. Only positives for me were the central midfield pairing, at times they were the only players who looked to do something, terrible miss from Cambiasso but his passing range at times was majestic, James showed a bit of drive & passion in the second half. Apart from that despite us not playing too badly in all fairness, silly defensive mistakes & not enough quality in the final third make us look like nailed on relegation candidates. Our squad is Championship quality, apart from the exception of Cambiasso, not one signing this season has improved our squad.
sdb Posted 2 December 2014 Posted 2 December 2014 Thought we played well for large parts of the game. Just a few mistakes and a real lack of luck seem to be totally screwing us over.
LCFCCKEANO Posted 3 December 2014 Posted 3 December 2014 We lose on Sunday, we maybe think about NP's future. Way too closed minded with team selection, and its ridiculous that we only function with one formation, we need more in our arsenal, we should be prepared to change shape and formation on situation, and it is very poor how many mistakes we make, and it isnt a coincidence we are making so many mistakes, Kasper couldnt catch a cold and the rest are passing to the opposition as much as eachother.
benpicko Posted 3 December 2014 Posted 3 December 2014 Pearson has done a lot for our club. To be binned after 9 bad results would be a kick in the teeth. Reckon he should be given til after the Jan Transfer window. If nothing improves....Outtahere! And then it'll be too late and we'll be down with the next manager regardless. I'd rather Pearson than anybody else in the Championship but I'd much rather us give ourselves the best chance to stay up. It's not working, people complain about his tactics every week and then say that he should be given until January despite that. January's too late.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.