Babylon Posted 2 December 2014 Posted 2 December 2014 The truth of the matter is we are just too top heavy, we have no fewer than seven players who like to bomb forward, solid performances start from the back and midfield, you have to have players who can tackle play simple passes mark players, i felt sorry for matty james tonight he worked his heart out, our best player by a mile, we remind me of blackpool when holloway had them in the premier nice to watch, but relegation certainties, there were some good individual performances tonight , but it is football suicide to play a team with no ball winners in midfield, and no discipline, if pearson cannot see this then its curtains for sure. So what's the answer go back to a diamond with loads of defensive players and create nothing again? Today was nothing to do with having too many attackers, I rarely felt threatened by them. It was too many individual errors all over the pitch again.
MrAus Posted 2 December 2014 Posted 2 December 2014 Some very deluded people. We were not bad at all in that game. 2 costly errors, by Morgan and Kasper. Other than that, we were right in that game. Battled well. And even looked more positive with 10 men. We are 3 points off 14th or 15th, but everyone is going on like we are 10 points adrift and it's all doom and gloom. Wake up and smell the coffee, we were playing 1 of the biggest clubs in England, if not Europe. Did we expect to win convincingly? Is it Pearsons fault Kasper didn't get hold of that ball ? Come on now. And as for Pearson telling a man to "F off", it's quite simple.... If you was doing your damned hardest to do your job and someone who is not qualified in your area of work, tells you it's "f'in S***". How would you react?? Honest answer. Cos we all know what we would do. If the fans can't take it they shouldn't give it. It's an absolute witch hunt by some people.
Stevosevic Posted 2 December 2014 Posted 2 December 2014 We've still got a better squad than Burnley and QPR, and as good a one as Sunderland, Palace etc. He's failed more tactically than anything else. I do think we did poorly in the transfer market but being bottom with this squad is inexcusable. If we do go down I won't look to the summer, I'll look to those run of games starting with Newcastle away were we abandoned every positive atom in our make-up. We've still not recovered from that even now we've started to have a go again. Excellent points.
Mark_w Posted 2 December 2014 Posted 2 December 2014 People not realised it's Pearson's lack of business in the summer that leaves us where we are? He takes full responsibility So if the problem is a lack of business how do you know Pearson, rather than the owners, is to blame?
Monsell1976 Posted 2 December 2014 Posted 2 December 2014 I have taken time before posting hopefully to take the emotion out of my post. Nobody can fault most of the players effort, but let's face facts, our players can work as hard as they can, but we are no where near good enough as a team for this league. Pearson can hide behind the positives about another defeat, but the positives collectively over the last 10 games have produced very little positive results. The only player that really pissed me off for effort was schlupp, when he couldn't be arsed to chase after the miss placed pass. Bored about the in or out debate, don't think Pearson can sort it out, but the debate will sort it's self out, and I think soon, scrap the excuses, time to get results. And the interview, admittedly stringer pushed his buttons, but Pearson reverted to type, a disgraceful interview, and clearly a man under pressure. But to say that he doesn't care about the fans concern, and to verbally abuse a supporter and then to have the arrogants to tell him not to come live on air. Nigel Pearson is payed a lot of money and should be professional enough to blank any abuse given, does one fans abuse, deserve the masses to listen to Pearson abuse, to wrongs don't make a right, and in his position he should walk away.
Guest Col city fan Posted 2 December 2014 Posted 2 December 2014 So what's the answer go back to a diamond with loads of defensive players and create nothing again? Today was nothing to do with having too many attackers, I rarely felt threatened by them. It was too many individual errors all over the pitch again. No, play players who can tackle, mark players and track runners. Orbison has it spot on. If we can't do this simple thing, we will go down. Unless something changes, we will be relegated. We leak goals. One option that has been mooted tonight is to 'buy a new back four'. My suggestion is to tighten up.
Gary Eatfood Posted 2 December 2014 Posted 2 December 2014 Where can you even start? The number of unforced errors we made was shocking and it could have easily been a worse score line. I thought we played well for long periods of the game but the final ball was just woeful every time. I reckon Mahrez's pass completion must have been about 5% Liverpool weren't really all that good, if we had played as well as we did against arsenal or Everton we probably would have won. One of those 5% was the delightful through ball for Vardy that led to our goal. Generally wasteful on the ball for us tonight though.
Babylon Posted 2 December 2014 Posted 2 December 2014 People not realised it's Pearson's lack of business in the summer that leaves us where we are? He takes full responsibilityI presume you know exactly what his budget was, what wages and contracts he was allowed to offer etc?Until you know the full details I don't see how anyone can say the summers dealings were Pearson's, the owners, Robinsons or anyone else's fault. The owners will know though, if they have tied his hands behind his back financially then they need to look at themselves as well. If he chose not to spend money, then they will know that as well and blame him accordingly... I don't see how any of us can though.
chapero82 Posted 2 December 2014 Posted 2 December 2014 No, play players who can tackle, mark players and track runners. Orbison has it spot on. If we can't do this simple thing, we will go down. Unless something changes, we will be relegated. We leak goals. One option that has been mooted tonight is to 'buy a new back four'. My suggestion is to tighten up.When we do tighten up we don't create any chances
DennisNedry Posted 2 December 2014 Posted 2 December 2014 I don't see how Pearson can take the blame for tonight. Outplayed a good Liverpool side but 2 horrible individual errors gave them the win. Nothing Nige can do about Wes sticking it on a plate and Kasper fumbling a ball moving at walking speed.
MC Prussian Posted 2 December 2014 Posted 2 December 2014 No, play players who can tackle, mark players and track runners. Orbison has it spot on. If we can't do this simple thing, we will go down. Unless something changes, we will be relegated. We leak goals. One option that has been mooted tonight is to 'buy a new back four'. My suggestion is to tighten up. That's what we did against QPR away from home. And conceded three goals, after sustaining heavy pressure... from both flanks.
theessexfox Posted 2 December 2014 Posted 2 December 2014 No, play players who can tackle, mark players and track runners. Orbison has it spot on. If we can't do this simple thing, we will go down. Unless something changes, we will be relegated. We leak goals. One option that has been mooted tonight is to 'buy a new back four'. My suggestion is to tighten up. What would be your X1?
Saxondale Posted 2 December 2014 Posted 2 December 2014 Weird game that one. Didn't actually play that bad but got ruthlessly punished, whereas we lacked any cutting edge or ruthlessness at the other end. We're clearly in a torrid cycle of poor confidence, poor form and bad luck. The cycle will end - it's just a question of when. If I was gaffer, I'd book a group session with a hypnotherapist and get the thai monks back in. We need good vibes, basically.
hesapeepingtom Posted 2 December 2014 Posted 2 December 2014 I don't see how Pearson can take the blame for tonight. Outplayed a good Liverpool side but 2 horrible individual errors gave them the win. Nothing Nige can do about Wes sticking it on a plate and Kasper fumbling a ball moving at walking speed. how about stop picking them?
Guest Col city fan Posted 2 December 2014 Posted 2 December 2014 When we do tighten up we don't create any chances I didn't see many tonight? Yeah, we huffed and puffed but didn't really look like scoring again. Not he type of chances that you really feel are gonna lead to goals. And we let in three the other end. We must surely have one of the worst goals ratios in the division now I would think? I could be making that up.
Sunbury Fox Posted 2 December 2014 Posted 2 December 2014 Sadly, Vardy just not cutting it at this level, at least at the moment. His control and passing v poor. So I think he needs a rest. He might be more useful as an impact sub. Today showed up that playing 2v3 in midfield doesn't work. Need to bring DD back in for Vardy. Thought Was and James did okay - and Cambi apart from THAT miss. Also think De Last was fine despite getting the usual slagging off on here. Mahrez inconsistent but is the only person in the team who can beat his man. Schlupp not as bad as some say but is not a left winger; would be better at left back. Ulloa had some decent touches but won only one header in their box all game whilst Vardy tried hard but lacked quality. Konch, Wes and Kasper were awful.
foxinsocks Posted 2 December 2014 Posted 2 December 2014 Agree - despite underestimating the buys they needed to make in the summer, we haven't got the worst squad. However, time to give kasper a rest - not dominant and too many mistakes (he was lucky to stay on when standing up would have forced garrard wide). I and others have listed the things that nige needs to fix - and while he praised the defence I expect this was just so he didn't have to publicly criticise them. There is what Nigel says and what we see him do. He is getting effort form the players...but I don't see him making progress and fixing the issues that are hurting us... He must shape up or ship out... I can wait a bit longer... but I haven't gambled the money the owners have. Terry Robinson must be sounding out options... they can take or shake them but I would expect them to be considering them carefully.
Torten Posted 2 December 2014 Posted 2 December 2014 We've still got a better squad than Burnley and QPR, and as good a one as Sunderland, Palace etc. He's failed more tactically than anything else. I do think we did poorly in the transfer market but being bottom with this squad is inexcusable. If we do go down I won't look to the summer, I'll look to those run of games starting with Newcastle away were we abandoned every positive atom in our make-up. We've still not recovered from that even now we've started to have a go again. Have we got a better squad than them? That's a very bold statement and I'd doubt we're bottom just due to players in bad form.
Babylon Posted 2 December 2014 Posted 2 December 2014 No, play players who can tackle, mark players and track runners. Orbison has it spot on. If we can't do this simple thing, we will go down. Unless something changes, we will be relegated. We leak goals. One option that has been mooted tonight is to 'buy a new back four'. My suggestion is to tighten up.No he doesn't have it spot on you just agree with him. It's not a surprise that you think our problems are... Wait for it... A defensive midfielder!!!!!!!!The problems are all over the bloody pitch. We didn't lose tonight because we didn't have a DM. We lost because from front to back we lacked ability and confidence, with simple unforced error after simple error. From the keeper, the left back, centre back, centre mids, wingers and forwards, everyone. We've tried tightening up, we played 4 centre mids and were bloody awful. We've tried almost every combination going of centre mids.
Webbo Posted 2 December 2014 Posted 2 December 2014 I don't see how Pearson can take the blame for tonight. Outplayed a good Liverpool side but 2 horrible individual errors gave them the win. Nothing Nige can do about Wes sticking it on a plate and Kasper fumbling a ball moving at walking speed. We didn't outplay them except for the odd 5 minutes burst. They were comfortably the better team. Losing games like these aren't what'll cost Pearson his job, it's losing and drawing to the teams around us.
Matt Posted 2 December 2014 Posted 2 December 2014 I don't know where we go from here. I genuinely can't see our next win, i'll admit in recent weeks i've been saying that as a soundbite but I am serious now I fear and can't see where it is coming. Cambiasso open goal, 18 yards out I didn't get mad, i'm past getting mad now, I was just disappointed, sad there in disbelief, it felt like i'd took a hayemaker that took the wind out of my sails, sorry to sound melodramatic. I've hardly spoke to anyone since last Saturday because I was in such anger but i'm done with anger now, i'm resigned to it all. I didn't think we played bad tonight, can't really fault anyone as such, individual errors again, but on a whole we played well, i'd like to say we were unlucky but the simple fact is if we can't convert an open goal from 18 yards out with plenty of time on the ball you can't really call that unlucky can you? Regardless of that we went 1-0 up anyway....we sat back again though! Why? We put ourselves under pressure again! Why? Once we let them get it back to 1-1 it was game over, it was a matter of time. On the bright side, I did win £40, I was going to put £100 on us going down, but I thought seeing as I genuinely can't see where our next win is going to come from i'm just going to bankroll until we do win, I think that'll be more profitable that putting £100 on us going down - It's a sad state of affairs but I may aswell make some money out of our misery.
Guest Col city fan Posted 2 December 2014 Posted 2 December 2014 What would be your X1? I said in the prematch thread. Knowing Pearson would go 4-4-2 again, I wanted James with Drinkwater. Neither as 'pretty' on the ball as Cambiasso, but far quicker and more tenacious in the tackle. Mahrez one side, Knockaert on the other. Moore and Morgan. Schlupp and Delaet.
tcrofts Posted 2 December 2014 Posted 2 December 2014 I think after tonight's moment of madness verbal attack might be sooner shame rely PEARSON was superb last season and the beginning of this seasons first few games the players also need to look at themselves too superb performances one minute shite another !! ?
Bunyip Posted 2 December 2014 Posted 2 December 2014 I don't see how Pearson can take the blame for tonight. Outplayed a good Liverpool side but 2 horrible individual errors gave them the win. Nothing Nige can do about Wes sticking it on a plate and Kasper fumbling a ball moving at walking speed. Erm they are HIS players that HE gave new contracts too. He has to take the blame for that.
Guest Col city fan Posted 2 December 2014 Posted 2 December 2014 No he doesn't have it spot on you just agree with him. It's not a surprise that you think our problems are... Wait for it... A defensive midfielder!!!!!!!! The problems are all over the bloody pitch. We didn't lose tonight because we didn't have a DM. We lost because from front to back we lacked ability and confidence, with simple unforced error after simple error. From the keeper, the left back, centre back, centre mids, wingers and forwards, everyone. We've tried tightening up, we played 4 centre mids and were bloody awful. We've tried almost every combination going of centre mids. spot on IMO. Of course that's what I mean..not that his is the definitive answer! You are making an argument for sacking Pearson there surely?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.