Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content
Ilkeston_Fox

Liverpool - Post Match.....

Recommended Posts

Posted

Thing is I would actually agree that we played quite well in numerous areas tonight. It's just again errors at the back and wastefulness up front that have cost us, and we will get punished every game. I don't think changing the manager is going to solve these problems. Lack of confidence is a massive problem now, and Schmeichel will continue to cost us on a weekly basis. He is being ruthlessly exposed at this level, and out of confidence as much as anyone.

 

It's sad and painful but we were just wrong about some of our players ability to make the step up, we made a few mistakes and had some bad luck and that has all snowballed, and we're in big trouble now. When you're at the bottom nothing goes your way and I do feel we have been really quite unlucky a lot of the time.

 

We haven't acquitted ourselves properly in the PL. I have no doubts that we had, and still do have, enough to stay up, but we're stuck in a rut now and the problems seem to magnifying more and more. We've done it the wrong way for us.

 

 

I'm not expecting many to agree but I thought that was incredibly harsh to call that a 'clear goalscoring opportunity' for the red. Because it does have to be a clear opportunity. I don't think he'd have given that at the other end.

Guest Col city fan
Posted

you don't go gambling hoping for a ball to drop in your own area!

Don't you? You aren't 'hoping' it does! But you are on your toes that it might..same with attacking midfielders at the other end.

Posted

Schlupp and Vardy were the only two players who didn't perform today imo. Morgan was awful too actually. The rest were pretty solid and even looked threatening at times.

Schlupp missed an opportunity today. Their right back in the first half is almost as bad at footy as our Jeff and he bottled any chance he had to run at him. Awful.

Posted

Thing is I would actually agree that we played quite well in numerous areas tonight. It's just again errors at the back and wastefulness up front that have cost us, and we will get punished every game. I don't think changing the manager is going to solve these problems. Lack of confidence is a massive problem now, and Schmeichel will continue to cost us on a weekly basis. He is being ruthlessly exposed at this level, and out of confidence as much as anyone.

 

It's sad and painful but we were just wrong about some of our players ability to make the step up, we made a few mistakes and had some bad luck and that has all snowballed, and we're in big trouble now. When you're at the bottom nothing goes your way and I do feel we have been really quite unlucky a lot of the time.

 

We haven't acquitted ourselves properly in the PL. I have no doubts that we had, and still do have, enough to stay up, but we're stuck in a rut now and the problems seem to magnifying more and more. We've done it the wrong way for us.

 

 

I'm not expecting many to agree but I thought that was incredibly harsh to call that a 'clear goalscoring opportunity' for the red. Because it does have to be a clear opportunity. I don't think he'd have given that at the other end.

We did play well it's silly mistakes that has cost us

Posted

Thing is I would actually agree that we played quite well in numerous areas tonight. It's just again errors at the back and wastefulness up front that have cost us, and we will get punished every game. I don't think changing the manager is going to solve these problems. Lack of confidence is a massive problem now, and Schmeichel will continue to cost us on a weekly basis. He is being ruthlessly exposed at this level, and out of confidence as much as anyone.

 

It's sad and painful but we were just wrong about some of our players ability to make the step up, we made a few mistakes and had some bad luck and that has all snowballed, and we're in big trouble now. When you're at the bottom nothing goes your way and I do feel we have been really quite unlucky a lot of the time.

 

We haven't acquitted ourselves properly in the PL. I have no doubts that we had, and still do have, enough to stay up, but we're stuck in a rut now and the problems seem to magnifying more and more. We've done it the wrong way for us.

 

 

I'm not expecting many to agree but I thought that was incredibly harsh to call that a 'clear goalscoring opportunity' for the red. Because it does have to be a clear opportunity. I don't think he'd have given that at the other end.

 

I'd agree with all of this. The red I'd expect to be given, but Wasyl is in the top right of the frame at the time, he's getting across before Lambert reaches the corner of the box. It's not like Millwall 2 years ago where he pulls the striker down in a definite 1v1 situation

Guest Col city fan
Posted

We did play well it's silly mistakes that has cost us

How many times has that been said this season? It's wearing thin now.

Posted

Don't you? You aren't 'hoping' it does! But you are on your toes that it might..same with attacking midfielders at the other end.

so leave your marker and hope the ball drops on the spot your gambling on!

Posted

Well I can at least see improvement, but the same problem of errors at the back has cost us dear... we were far from outplayed and matched them all over the field, should have had a point at least ...

Posted

Frustrating really, were not playing poorly. It just feels like we can't get the run of the mill.

I honestly thought after we had scored and got the point at Sunderland we were going to take off again. At least we are creating chances, a change of formation where we have more cover for the back four and to pick up the second ball is vital!

Gerard should never be on his own on the edge of the box like that.

The more I analyse today the more I am excited about the chances we created but anxious about our frailty in midfield and defence. We just don't seem to be able to get the balance right.

Posted

As I said above, you've got to gamble. Their midfielders did. Ours, unfortunately, didn't.

Both our central midfielders were miles away from any of the three goals. This matters. It matters because defenders will make errors. They do. And it matters because we've just conceded another three, this time at home.

 

There were about seven Leicester players in the box for the first goal and Morgan headed it straight to banana Lallana for a quick reaction shot.  Again with the second, there was no danger, it was a perfect lay-up from Morgan to one of the best centre midfielders in the history of English football who, like Cambiasso in attack, knows where to be.  When Cambiasso was given his chance in the first half on a plate by Mignolet, do you think Liverpool fans were sat there going "oh ffs, that Gerrard isn't "gambling" again - he should have known that idiot Mignolet was going to pass straight to Cambiasso.  The third was calamitous.  We had 10 men and were pushing for an equaliser.  Again, an individual mistake has gifted them a goal.

Posted

Thought we played well. Little bit unlucky and our usual stupid mistakes let us down.

Cambiasso and James been very good in the last two games.

Gives something to be confident about.

Posted

Pearson is a cvnt in denial. "We played well. No complaints at all. We defended well." What a mug. Atleast have the balls to admit we are playing woefully and need to improve you arrogant arse.

 

I don't agree. In general play we were fine. We certainly were not played off the park tonight and I totally reject the idea that we were "playing woefully". Liverpool did not cut through us, we were competitive in midfield and looked moderately dangerous going forward.

 

The reason we lost is because we shot ourselves in the foot at crucial times. That's bad of course and we should do better but it doesn't represent a poor overall performance.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...