Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

After 4th October am I right in thinking you don't need to take a pre-departure test to any country? 

And on return from a green/Amber list country you only need to take a day 2 test (pre-booked)? 

I'm not sure about going out as that would be up to their own regulations but from October 4th my understanding is that there will be no green/amber/red just a two-tiered arrivals system and rules will depend on whether you are double vaccinated or not.

If double vaccinated then you just need the day 2 test but I'm not clear myself if it's neccasery to pre book.

I'm flying to France this weekend,returning on 12th and just need my vaccine certificate and a health declaration form from the french .gov website as the UK are on their amber list.

On return to UK I think it's filling in the UK .gov locator form and the day 2 test.

Has anyone NOT pre-booked the day 2 test? If so, what happens?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jgtuk said:

I'm not sure about going out as that would be up to their own regulations but from October 4th my understanding is that there will be no green/amber/red just a two-tiered arrivals system and rules will depend on whether you are double vaccinated or not.

If double vaccinated then you just need the day 2 test but I'm not clear myself if it's neccasery to pre book.

I'm flying to France this weekend,returning on 12th and just need my vaccine certificate and a health declaration form from the french .gov website as the UK are on their amber list.

On return to UK I think it's filling in the UK .gov locator form and the day 2 test.

Has anyone NOT pre-booked the day 2 test? If so, what happens?

You can order your day 2 test at any time up until you need to complete the passenger locator form for your return to the UK, so 48 hours before you arrive home. You need the order reference for the form, so you can book it now, or just before you need to fill in the form. If you don't have an order reference the form won't be complete. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

Blimey…. That’s cheap 👍🏼 

i actually have 3 untouched day 2 tests from our trip to France as we never did them and nobody asked (we forgot honestly!)

Only need to buy two more for my older vaccinated kids and we are ok

Flying to Portugal  (Lisbon) Leicester half term, so, only need a pre-test for my 13 year and no need for expensive PCR’s in Portugal either 

I think that’s right?  Although I’m really not clear on the requirement for my 13 year (as clear as mud!)

Edited by Wolfox

30 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

Blimey…. That’s cheap 👍🏼 

i actually have 3 untouched day 2 tests from our trip to France as we never did them and nobody asked (we forgot honestly!)

Only need to buy two more for my older vaccinated kids and we are ok

Flying to Portugal  (Lisbon) Leicester half term, so, only need a pre-test for my 13 year and no need for expensive PCR’s in Portugal either 

I think that’s right?  Although I’m really not clear on the requirement for my 13 year (as clear as mud!)

I would double check that they are alright to use from expert medicals.

When I was getting my last ones I saw bad things about them. Not trying to put anyone off them but just thought I should mention it. Its annoying as they are fairly local to me.

https://www.which.co.uk/news/2021/09/expert-medicals-removed-from-day-2-and-day-8-testing-list/

25 minutes ago, slymunn said:

I would double check that they are alright to use from expert medicals.

When I was getting my last ones I saw bad things about them. Not trying to put anyone off them but just thought I should mention it. Its annoying as they are fairly local to me.

https://www.which.co.uk/news/2021/09/expert-medicals-removed-from-day-2-and-day-8-testing-list/

Good shout but it’s a day antigen home test (not PCR) so as long as it turns up in the next 3 weeks there is no issue for me as I will have already travelled…. Would be wary if I had to do it before flying!

thanks for the heads up!

21 hours ago, stretch1965 said:

Can anyone advise,

I am flying to the Netherlands this  Friday 1st Oct and returning on Sunday. I have had two jabs but cannot work out if I need to provide a negative PCR test before I fly. 

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Since found this so I am guessing so. Anyone recommend anywhere to get a test?

Testing requirements

Testing requirements depend on the category of the country that you are travelling from.

As of 8 August, travellers aged 12 and over arriving in the Netherlands from the UK via aeroplane, ferry, passenger car, train or bus must follow one of the following two options:

• show a negative PCR test result (taken no more than 48 hours before departure);
  • or show a negative antigen test result (taken no more than 24 hours before departure).

These requirements also apply to travellers who are fully vaccinated.

Pretty sure you need a negative test result to get into the Netherlands. Up until recently you had to quarantine as well but that has been lifted.

My hairdresser is Dutch and she went back last month and had to get a PCR test before going out. The airline (KLM) offered a package with the flight I think.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

Good shout but it’s a day antigen home test (not PCR) so as long as it turns up in the next 3 weeks there is no issue for me as I will have already travelled…. Would be wary if I had to do it before flying!

thanks for the heads up!

You should be fine then :) I needed mine for PCR testing and heard mixed things.

• Like 1

Can’t get a straight answer on the internet

we are off to Lisbon in 2 weeks 

does mainland Portugal accept our NHS COvID vaccine passport?  Or do all 5 of us need to shell out for a test before traveling?

it’s just not clear !  And didn’t know if anyone had any experience?

On 03/10/2021 at 10:50, Wolfox said:

does mainland Portugal accept our NHS COvID vaccine passport?  Or do all 5 of us need to shell out for a test before traveling?

I couldn't find any clarity on requirements for children and if every individual needs to fill out a passenger locator form or not.

However, as it stands, you do need to have proof of a negative test as only the EU Covid Pass is accepted, not the NHS/UK one. You can thank Brexit for that one! Some EU countries accept it but Portugal are one that do not.

I am off there in 2 weeks (Algarve). There have been talks of the UK being added to the EU database (to make the NHS Covid Pass valid in all EU countries) but not sure if that will happen before mid-October. Wouldn't hold my breathe.

Details are here: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/portugal/entry-requirements

Edited by KrefelderFox666
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I couldn't find any clarity on requirements for children and if every individual needs to fill out a passenger locator form or not.

However, as it stands, you do need to have proof of a negative test as only the EU Covid Pass is accepted, not the NHS/UK one. You can thank Brexit for that one! Some EU countries accept it but Portugal are one that do not.

I am off there in 2 weeks (Algarve). There have been talks of the UK being added to the EU database (to make the NHS Covid Pass valid in all EU countries) but not sure if that will happen before mid-October. Wouldn't hold my breathe.

Details are here: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/portugal/entry-requirements

Yep…. Zero clarity on my 13 year old 

now got to shell out £200+ on getting pre departure antigen tests

i did have the brainwave of uploading my test results to the French App (Tous anti COvID) but, it showed up clearly as NHS (oh well)

Also read that we are joining the euro database but can get no clarity on timelines 

So pissed off with it all!  I need a holiday to get over it!

Going to Bucharest on Saturday and the entry requirements are as clear as mud. Some sites say you just need the vaccine passport and others say a locator and health form. 

I think they extra documents are if you are not vaccinated from what I can see but its so confusing. 

Spain was so straightforward!

1 hour ago, Wolfox said:

Yep…. Zero clarity on my 13 year old 

now got to shell out £200+ on getting pre departure antigen tests

i did have the brainwave of uploading my test results to the French App (Tous anti COvID) but, it showed up clearly as NHS (oh well)

Also read that we are joining the euro database but can get no clarity on timelines 

So pissed off with it all!  I need a holiday to get over it!

We are flying with Jet2 (package holiday) and they have it all pretty well laid out for us.

https://www.jet2holidays.com/safe-travel/travel-requirements/portugal

Children U12 are exempt from testing/proof of vaccination status. So looks like you are out of luck on that one.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Cheers, I need this as well.

59 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

We are flying with Jet2 (package holiday) and they have it all pretty well laid out for us.

https://www.jet2holidays.com/safe-travel/travel-requirements/portugal

Children U12 are exempt from testing/proof of vaccination status. So looks like you are out of luck on that one.

That’s really clear…. Many thanks!

Still sounds like too much fannying  around if you have children.

At the best of times flying out isnt exactly stress free, at the moment seems crazy.

Hopefully  by Easter things sort out abit.

On 03/10/2021 at 10:50, Wolfox said:

Assuming you only have UK passport and don't live in Northern Ireland I don't think so. I think the EU vaccine scheme only accepts people with an Irish passport who were vaccinated on the NHS in Northern Ireland.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Not really a holiday but going down to London for 3 nights early December. Looking for good bar/restaurant recommendations if anyone has any please? Also any different things to do etc. We are already seeing a show.

It's London. You can get basically any type of food or restaurant you want from any country in the world (though definitely book a couple of weeks in advance). There's probably thousands of good restaurants in London.

Actually went to London for a daytrip a couple of weeks ago and went to a really nice Belgian place called Lowlanders.

Edited by Sampson