Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

On 03/10/2021 at 10:50, Wolfox said:

Can’t get a straight answer on the internet

we are off to Lisbon in 2 weeks 

does mainland Portugal accept our NHS COvID vaccine passport?  Or do all 5 of us need to shell out for a test before traveling?

it’s just not clear !  And didn’t know if anyone had any experience?

Have a look here and you should find everything you need to know.

I'm here 3 weeks now and the weather has been fantastic. Crystal clear skies every day and Temperatures 24 to 30. degrees.  

ePortugal.gov.pt - ePortugal.gov.pt - Covid-19 (new ...

• Thanks 1

Its just gonna  be a pain, thought it would be much easier after today, surprise surprise doesn't seem to be the case!!

I suspect plenty are going to be going away for Half Term.

The wife and I have had 2 jabs, my kids have had 1 jab each, the elder has his 2nd the week before he goes.

We're off to Lanzagrotty for 1/2 weeks.

My wife for 2, me and the rest for 1 each BUT they have different half terms.

Haven't got a clue, so any advice/expertise, so much appreciated for this minefield, both ways.

Keeping it cheap would help too!!!

Was thinking about doing a mini road trip (or well... train trip) of Ireland next month. I know a couple of people here have been to Ireland recently.

But my plan was to fly into Belfast for a couple of days then head south across the border, do Dublin, Kilkenny and Cork and fly back from Cork.

Is this going to make things too confusing? I think I have to do the passenger location form for the entire island of Ireland, but I'm not sure whether I'd have to show it at Belfast or Dublin? Maybe it's easier just to fly into Dublin and do Belfast another time.

Edited by Sampson

8 hours ago, Sampson said:

Was thinking about doing a mini road trip (or well... train trip) of Ireland next month. I know a couple of people here have been to Ireland recently.

But my plan was to fly into Belfast for a couple of days then head south across the border, do Dublin, Kilkenny and Cork and fly back from Cork.

Is this going to make things too confusing? I think I have to do the passenger location form for the entire island of Ireland, but I'm not sure whether I'd have to show it at Belfast or Dublin? Maybe it's easier just to fly into Dublin and do Belfast another time.

I think you would be better doing as you say flying into Dublin unless the flights are a lot cheaper to Belfast.

There's no travel restrictions between North and South whichever you decide to do. I done the trip myself only a while ago.

If your hiring a Car you'll be fine as it's all  virtual motorway which ever you do. Driving around the Country is quite easy as the motorways bypass all towns and you just head into any town you wish from the Motorway.

From memory from Belfast airport it's the A1 which then becomes the M1 to Dublin and Vise Versa.

I wouldn't recommend taking a Car into Dublin as there's a lot of one way systems and it can be difficult to get to where you want to go.

I recommend staying outside Dublin city somewhere close to the M50 motorway which goes from the Airport on  the north side around Dublin to the M 11 on the Southside which also takes you on to Wexford and Kilkenny..  

You have 3 choice for getting into the City depending where you stay. Train Bus or the Luas which is a Tram system. You can also get tickets which are reasonable and covers you on all 3 systems  Luas  bus and Train.

There's more I could tell you , If you want any more help PM me and I'll help you all I can.

On 04/10/2021 at 17:25, Raj said:

Still sounds like too much fannying  around if you have children.

At the best of times flying out isnt exactly stress free, at the moment seems crazy.

Hopefully  by Easter things sort out abit.

Your last sentence will be repeated into perpetuity. ‘Ah well things may be better by Xmas 2045’ etc etc. The rules aren’t really that arduous now compared to previously 

On 04/10/2021 at 17:25, Raj said:

Still sounds like too much fannying  around if you have children.

At the best of times flying out isnt exactly stress free, at the moment seems crazy.

Hopefully  by Easter things sort out abit.

Depends how much you want it.  

It was an inconvenience , but ultimately my own summer holiday to Spain with kids was well worth the hassle. Especially as the alternative was gridlocked UK resorts and one hour queuing for fish and chips 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Depends how much you want it.  

It was an inconvenience , but ultimately my own summer holiday to Spain with kids was well worth the hassle. Especially as the alternative was gridlocked UK resorts and one hour queuing for fish and chips 

Agreed, it’s far more of a faff going away in the uk. Overpriced, crappy weather, substandard infrastructure and complete gridlock. Cornwall in June was a nightmare. Santorini in July was a proper holiday. It’s far easier and cheaper just taking a covid test and going abroad 

• Like 1

On 04/10/2021 at 16:17, Unabomber said:

Not really a holiday but going down to London for 3 nights early December. Looking for good bar/restaurant recommendations if anyone has any please? Also any different things to do etc. We are already seeing a show.

Brixton Market, Bermondsley Beer Mile, St John's (good restaurant not too far up it's own behind - if you've seen Bourdain's London episode, he visits), Leadenhall Market, Greenwich Village, if the weather is good Hampstead Heath + Hampstead Village 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Brixton Market, Bermondsley Beer Mile, St John's (good restaurant not too far up it's own behind - if you've seen Bourdain's London episode, he visits), Leadenhall Market, Greenwich Village, if the weather is good Hampstead Heath + Hampstead Village 

Cheers we are staying at Marble Arch so I will check those for distances etc.

Edited by Unabomber

Just now, Unabomber said:

Cheers we are staying at Marble Arch so I will check those. 

Admittedly mate they are a bit all over the place but they are all markets/areas with decent restaurants etc. 

Brixton for example is really divisive - I've had Japanese and Colombian food there. Hampstead is far more 'British'. 

1 minute ago, Unabomber said:

You’ll have Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park on your doorstep, then. 

Maybe look at Bustronome as a quirky way to see London. 

Or if the weather is decent take a rib boat on the Thames (complete with James Bond theme tune)! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Milo said:

You’ll have Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park on your doorstep, then. 

Maybe look at Bustronome as a quirky way to see London. 

Or if the weather is decent take a rib boat on the Thames (complete with James Bond theme tune)! 

Cheers we will head to winter wonderland at some point. 

On 04/10/2021 at 16:17, Unabomber said:

Not really a holiday but going down to London for 3 nights early December. Looking for good bar/restaurant recommendations if anyone has any please? Also any different things to do etc. We are already seeing a show.

If you like your steak I would definitely recommend Flat Iron, fantastic food and good beer/wine to go with it. Very good prices too for London. There are a few dotted around London (7 or 8 I think).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

Round Strand-on-the-Green, Chiswick, Kew there are some walks along the Thames, very nice in early Autumn sunshine. Some good pubs on the routes too. 

19 minutes ago, bovril said:

Round Strand-on-the-Green, Chiswick, Kew there are some walks along the Thames, very nice in early Autumn sunshine. Some good pubs on the routes too. 

Fullers country. :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bovril said:

39 minutes ago, StanSP said:

@Unabomber I was in London last week and went to a Pintxos place in Soho, called Pix. Really good food and good atmosphere. Bit pricey but worth it if you want something a bit different to your mainstream kind of restaurant. 

Thanks I will have a look

4 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Cheers we will head to winter wonderland at some point. 

Notting Hill/Portobello Road is not too far from Marble Arch, a couple of stops on the Central Line iirc. May also be worth checking out the Paddington (basin) area. They've spent a lot on doing up that canal side area, and there are a lot of new cafe-bars and restaurants around there, both on land and also some on boats.

53 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Dead easy to get back into the country, checked I had a passenger locator form upon boarding and before boarder control, but little to no extra hassle.

Yes it's the forms and booking the tests that seem to be the hassle, boarding and passport control seem to be more or less the same as before. 

Whereabouts in Spain did you go? 

28 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Yes it's the forms and booking the tests that seem to be the hassle, boarding and passport control seem to be more or less the same as before. 

Whereabouts in Spain did you go? 

Malaga way, was a bloody nice break from work in all honesty. 

Forms and finding the day 2 test were most hassle. Obviously the UK form was the most hassle compared to the Spanish one. 

• Like 1