Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

Desperately want to go back to Orlando again with the family this August but my health is a bit iffy and I can't risk getting proper sick over there.

I haven't earnt much recently and can't really afford it again, but Virgin are doing some wicked deals at the moment and we can go as a family of 4 for less than we payed last year!

So tempting and I'm under pressure from the wife and kids to go back but I must resit.

A couple of cheap weeks by the seaside in the UK won't harm them all this year instead... 

1 hour ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Desperately want to go back to Orlando again with the family this August but my health is a bit iffy and I can't risk getting proper sick over there.

I haven't earnt much recently and can't really afford it again, but Virgin are doing some wicked deals at the moment and we can go as a family of 4 for less than we payed last year!

So tempting and I'm under pressure from the wife and kids to go back but I must resit.

A couple of cheap weeks by the seaside in the UK won't harm them all this year instead... 

Sounds like you are wrestling with yourself as much as your family mate haha get it booked.

19 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Sounds like you are wrestling with yourself as much as your family mate haha get it booked.

:D yeah, you're right mate.

I've set myself up for a fall really and almost created an expectation that we'll go every year. My own stupid fault but just want to provide the best I can for my kids and spoil them once a year I guess.

Fvck it, it's only money :sweating:

9 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

:D yeah, you're right mate.

I've set myself up for a fall really and almost created an expectation that we'll go every year. My own stupid fault but just want to provide the best I can for my kids and spoil them once a year I guess.

Fvck it, it's only money :sweating:

You only live once mate.

• Like 2

On 1/23/2018 at 04:12, broughtonblue said:

Going Venice for 4 nights in May with my Mrs for a romantic break, any tips on where to go would be great, I'm staying in st marks square so hopefully local to everything suggested

Prepare to get lost... then enjoy being lost :) We really enjoyed being out late at night when all the tourists have gone and you are just alone in the tiny avenues.

We enjoyed the trip out to Murano, its a weird island almost a giant factory that is  quite depressing in places, and watching the glass blowing.

We haggled the price of the Gondola... as tacky as it seems, we look back at the serenity of paddling the smaller canals as a real highlight.

The churches and tower tours are superb. There are some beautiful peaceful gardens there as well.

We loved Venice. Have fun

*note, public toilets are hard to find!

Edited by ozleicester

55 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Prepare to get lost... then enjoy being lost :) We really enjoyed being out late at night when all the tourists have gone and you are just alone in the tiny avenues.

We enjoyed the trip out to Murano, its a weird island almost a giant factory that is  quite depressing in places, and watching the glass blowing.

We haggled the price of the Gondola... as tacky as it seems, we look back at the serenity of paddling the smaller canals as a real highlight.

The churches and tower tours are superb. There are some beautiful peaceful gardens there as well.

We loved Venice. Have fun

*note, public toilets are hard to find!

Agree with this - defo trip over to Murano. Always use the water taxis to get about, basically a floating bus. We went about 6 years ago so may have changed but it was expensive then, the euro/gbp has worsened since then so take your wallet! Barter for the Gondola, think we got him down to €60.

Just expect to pay over the odds for everything, esp by the grand canal. You will mentally wrestle with yourself why you have paid €25 for a lasgna but you just have to go with it!! Fantastic place, watch out for the pigeons 

Looking to go away for 7/10 days in May, any recommendations in europe for a bit of sun and just chill with the wife? Don't really want a kids place, couples only if poss. 

Haven't been to Menorca/Majorca since I was a kid so poss thinking of there - but don't know the ''nice'' areas.

Thank you!

1 hour ago, Tommy G said:

Looking to go away for 7/10 days in May, any recommendations in europe for a bit of sun and just chill with the wife? Don't really want a kids place, couples only if poss. 

Haven't been to Menorca/Majorca since I was a kid so poss thinking of there - but don't know the ''nice'' areas.

Thank you!

By 'nice areas' I'm assuming you want to avoid the lager louts?

If so: Majorca - avoid El Arenal and Magaluf. The east coast resorts are all ok, but I would especially recommend Cala D'or. If you want to see the better parts of the island by hiring a car, you'd be best to base yourself in the northern part of the island (Majorca is pretty big) - somewhere like Soller, Pollenca, Alcudia. Soller would be my choice as it is also close to the western coast which is also nice.

Menorca is all nice - it is a World Biosphere region which means that building is severely restricted. Hotels cannot be built more tha two (maybe three, I can't remember) stories high and there are relatively few resorts. All this means that there are over 200 unspoilt beaches, most of which are 'virgin' (ie no facilities or buildings). Many of them are only accessible by walking to them from the nearest road (in some cases that means several kms). Menorca is also comparitively small (about 1/3 the size of Leicestershire) so with car hire everywhere is easily in reach, so where you base yourself isn't really an issue. Note, though, that because of limited accomodation it books up really early in the year. I imagine you'll already have restricted choice and probably none at all by mid February.

https://www.mymenorca.info/menorca-best-beaches/

It's my 30th in March and i'm thinking about going for a nice long weekend with the Mrs to celebrate. Has anyone got any good European City Break recommendations?

Not Rome as we went there last summer. Something similar to Paris/Barcelona but less conventional?

23 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

It's my 30th in March and i'm thinking about going for a nice long weekend with the Mrs to celebrate. Has anyone got any good European City Break recommendations?

Not Rome as we went there last summer. Something similar to Paris/Barcelona but less conventional?

Palermo is awesome. Venice gets a bad rep with all the tourists but if you get off the beaten track it's beautiful. 

37 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

Istanbul 

1 hour ago, TiffToff88 said:

Bruges

Venice

1 hour ago, TiffToff88 said:

Lisbon

4 hours ago, TiffToff88 said:

bucharest

Prague is nice.

Cold as fvck, but nice...

Budapest is my favourite city. Also recommend Brussels.

5 hours ago, TiffToff88 said:

My 30th in December and booked Bruges for the weekend yesterday. Would thoroughly recommend going.