Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

On 09/04/2018 at 20:59, martyn said:

Off to Ukraine this Thursday with a couple of mates as weve always had the (somewhat strange) desire to go to Chernobyl. So got a day trip there on Saturday.

Rest of the time we'll be in Kiev so any suggestions for things to do and decent places to eat and drink in Kiev would be gratefully received.

What did you think?

Travelling to Lisbon a week on Thursday with the Mrs and another couple. Anyone got any recommendations for must go to bars, places to eat etc? Pretty much got a plan sorted but just trying to see where other people have been that have made their trip to Lisbon great.

Booked Orlando again in August.

Swore I wouldn't again this year as we can't really afford it but got a great deal with Virgin and 10% less than we paid last year.

Think we'll cut back on the parks though and give Disney a miss this time.

We love it out there so it's nice to have something to look forward to. 

On 07/05/2018 at 16:14, LcFc_Smiv said:

Travelling to Lisbon a week on Thursday with the Mrs and another couple. Anyone got any recommendations for must go to bars, places to eat etc? Pretty much got a plan sorted but just trying to see where other people have been that have made their trip to Lisbon great.

Lisbon is a great city mate. We found it really cheap. I would't bother with the trams, if you are used to Sheffield then you can handle the hills over there. Get yourself out to Belem, its a really nice out of town little place.

On 06/05/2018 at 19:27, Costock_Fox said:

What did you think?

Enjoyed it.

Kiev was a nicer city than i imagined, and absolutely dirt cheap. Quieter at night than i'd imagined though, not many people in the bars we went to.

Chernobyl was an experience too, was surprised how close you actually get to the reactor.  Having reflected on it i'd have preferred to go in winter, the coachload of tourists and 20 degree sunshine didnt really make it feel as bleak as i'd anticipated, and i wanted it to be bleak!

5 minutes ago, martyn said:

Enjoyed it.

Kiev was a nicer city than i imagined, and absolutely dirt cheap. Quieter at night than i'd imagined though, not many people in the bars we went to.

Chernobyl was an experience too, was surprised how close you actually get to the reactor.  Having reflected on it i'd have preferred to go in winter, the coachload of tourists and 20 degree sunshine didnt really make it feel as bleak as i'd anticipated, and i wanted it to be bleak!

Good stuff, I told you it’s a lovely city.

Yep you get very close to the reactor to be fair, did you see any of the giant mozzies? I got savaged there.

On ‎06‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 20:30, Russell sprout said:

Off to alcudia in Majorca in July with the wife and kids,

staying at club Mac resort,

has anyone been there befour,

would appriciate any info

cracking beach and sea in Alcudia, I'm sure you will enjoy it very family orientated 

Edited by whoareyaaa

Not exactly a holiday, but I‘ll be in Rome with a good friend of mine next weekend for the Lazio - Inter game.

First time down there, so looking forward to sightseeing suggestions from you lot.

Cinecittà is already on the menu.?

Edited by MC Prussian

On 07/05/2018 at 17:14, LcFc_Smiv said:

Lisbon is a lovely city to explore by foot. The only downside - and I've been there a few times over the course of the past five years - is that it's become more and more touristy. I mean, it was popular before, but the downtown area near the River Tejo, the Praça de Comercio, will probably be crammed with people. Although traveling in May, you may be lucky and escape them for most part.

SL Benfica have recently opened a club shop there, though. :D

I'd recommend Belém, West of the city center. Explore the Monastery and the Watchtower near the water. Walk alongside the riverbed and check out the A Margem restaurant, offering you a fantastic view onto the 1959 copy of the Rio de Janeiro Jesus statue on the other side of the river.

The Alfama with its selection of typical Portuguese restaurants, accompanied by the well-known Fado singers. Expect to eat a lot of fish down there. But they also serve great steaks (at the Trigo Latino, for instance).

The Mercado da Ribeiro lies in between, with a great selection of restaurants.

Queues at the Santa Justa elevator will be long, so opt for a walk up on Rua Garrett instead and then take a break on the Praça Luis de Camões, drink a galão (milk coffee) and enjoy some natas (pastry) from the bakery just above.

A streetcar ride I'd recommend is at the end of Avenida de Liberdade, a bit further up the city center. The ride takes you all the way up to the Jardim San Pedro de Alcantara. From there, you have a fantastic view of the city, and can also make you way around the corner onto Rua Dom Pedro.

A similarly spectacular view can be gotten on the opposite side, near the Castelo de São Jorge.

Edited by MC Prussian

On 06/05/2018 at 20:30, Russell sprout said:

Off to alcudia in Majorca in July with the wife and kids,

staying at club Mac resort,

has anyone been there befour,

would appriciate any info

We went to Club Mac two years ago, nice hotel, good for kids. As has been mentioned there's a Foxes Arms about ten minute walk away, I only visited the once because I'm a tight bastard and would rather have my all inclusive beer. 

On 08/05/2018 at 12:49, Webbo said:

I was beginning to think lanzarote was a dead loss. Costa Teguise is not much we caught a bus to Pueta Del Carmen and its so much better. Ill come here again.

Off to Costa Teguise in October, H10 Lanzarote Gardens or something like that. 

2 hours ago, lildave3 said:

We went to Club Mac two years ago, nice hotel, good for kids. As has been mentioned there's a Foxes Arms about ten minute walk away, I only visited the once because I'm a tight bastard and would rather have my all inclusive beer. 

Off to Costa Teguise in October, H10 Lanzarote Gardens or something like that. 

Thanks the the comment,

yes someone else sent me a link of the foxes arms,

what was your transfer time to club mac,

kids have watched YouTube videos of hotel and were all looking forward to it

On 10/05/2018 at 19:11, MC Prussian said:

Not exactly a holiday, but I‘ll be in Rome with a good friend of mine next weekend for the Lazio - Inter game.

First time down there, so looking forward to sightseeing suggestions from you lot.

Cinecittà is already on the menu.?

Friends with benefits I see

Just now, Parafox said:

I'm not booking any holidays until the schools are open again. I can then get a family holiday at a 3rd of the cost. **** their education.

You should be ashamed of yourself. Sent to jail for 5 years you bad bad parent. Criminal!

• Haha 1