Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

6 hours ago, TiffToff88 said:

It's my 30th in March and i'm thinking about going for a nice long weekend with the Mrs to celebrate. Has anyone got any good European City Break recommendations?

Not Rome as we went there last summer. Something similar to Paris/Barcelona but less conventional?

Belgrade 

8 hours ago, TiffToff88 said:

It's my 30th in March and i'm thinking about going for a nice long weekend with the Mrs to celebrate. Has anyone got any good European City Break recommendations?

Not Rome as we went there last summer. Something similar to Paris/Barcelona but less conventional?

Krakow

Stockholm

Reykjavik

Heard great things about Budapest and Lisbon.

Sorry to bring the class of the topic down somewhat but I'm looking for some suggestions.

Looking to take the 2 kids (7 & 4) for somewhere in the UK for February half term. They've both had a bit of a rough year and it's a bit of a last minute thing and they don't have passports as yet so can't go abroad.

Any suggestions/different ideas? We've done the Haven/Butlins things in the past and whilst they're great for the kids and it's what we may end up doing, would like to try something/somewhere a bit different.

Appreciate the weather will be crap wherever we go so not fussed on that score.

5 minutes ago, pds said:

Sorry to bring the class of the topic down somewhat but I'm looking for some suggestions.

Looking to take the 2 kids (7 & 4) for somewhere in the UK for February half term. They've both had a bit of a rough year and it's a bit of a last minute thing and they don't have passports as yet so can't go abroad.

Any suggestions/different ideas? We've done the Haven/Butlins things in the past and whilst they're great for the kids and it's what we may end up doing, would like to try something/somewhere a bit different.

If it's February,in this country and you need to entertain kids I can't think of anything other than some kind of holiday camp.

13 minutes ago, pds said:

Center parcs, my kids are similar ages and they prefer holidays their to going abroad.

6 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Centre Parcs is over priced 

I think they charge about 3x the usual amount during HT and Easter weeks?

Yet they still sell out nearly every single time. Supply and demand at it’s finest...

We went a couple of times 15-20 years ago. My in laws were very keen on it so my wife made us go with them. I don't think there was a day while we were there that they didn't have to clear everyone from the pool because there was a little turd floating in it. It wasn't mine either.

• Haha 1

going centre parcs in august as a family reunion, used to go every year when we were all like 8/9/10, now the youngest is early 20s and we're gonna cause HAVOC on them rapids and when the waves come on bro 

Got USA in March. NYC, Washington DC, Philadelphia and Baltimore. Any recommendations?

Spain in April (thank the lord Ryanair finally do cheap flights to Seville from Manchester) - doing Seville, Zafra, Merida and Caceres.

Just booked a lads holiday doing a tour of Greece in June. Kefalonia, Patras, Olympia, Kalamata, Napflion and Athens.

If anyone has done any tips it would be appreciated.

Edited by ousefox

11 minutes ago, ousefox said:

Got USA in March. NYC, Washington DC, Philadelphia and Baltimore. Any recommendations?

Spain in April (thank the lord Ryanair finally do cheap flights to Seville from Manchester) - doing Seville, Zafra, Merida and Caceres.

Just booked a lads holiday doing a tour of Greece in June. Kefalonia, Patras, Olympia, Kalamata, Napflion and Athens.

Mani peninsula south of Kalamata is pretty wild. The area around Kardymili is nice. Also near to Kalamata is Mystras if youre into history. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ousefox said:

The only tip I will give is in Seville definitely try the oranges, divine!

13 hours ago, ousefox said:

Meteora (Greece) was unmissable before it became part of the tourist circuit. Might still be ok if you get there early before the tour buses arrive. 

13 hours ago, ousefox said:

I used to live in Baltimore and work in DC, and have spent some time in NY. I'll send some ideas of things to do on PM.

I have 6 weeks off beginning of May, Mrs doesn't finish until end of June so thinking we are going to have to do a few weekend City breaks to stand any chance of getting away with each other. We did Krakow last year which was great, what do people think of flying Friday evening and returning Sunday evening so she can be back in Monday? Looking for any ideas as well, we are looking at the usual options, Prague, Budapest, Barcelona, but if anyone has any recommendations that aren't so typical I'd love to hear. Going to scroll back through this thread tomorrow for inspiration.

10 minutes ago, deep blue said:

Going to South Africa, Capetown area, in 3 weeks. What are the top places to visit / things to see? Thanks

@Merging Cultures is your man, just got back from there a few weeks ago and loved it.

Go to Boulders Beach and drive to Cape Point, Climb Table mountain, do a Vineyard tour, chill out on Clifton beach, eat at one of the many incredible restaurants (Pot Luck Club was my favourite), visit Robben Island and Kirstenbosch Botanical gardens.

How long are you there for?

Edited by Costock_Fox

12 hours ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

I have 6 weeks off beginning of May, Mrs doesn't finish until end of June so thinking we are going to have to do a few weekend City breaks to stand any chance of getting away with each other. We did Krakow last year which was great, what do people think of flying Friday evening and returning Sunday evening so she can be back in Monday? Looking for any ideas as well, we are looking at the usual options, Prague, Budapest, Barcelona, but if anyone has any recommendations that aren't so typical I'd love to hear. Going to scroll back through this thread tomorrow for inspiration.

Ljubljana is a nice city break. 

On 1/31/2018 at 02:47, Unabomber said:

My 30th in December and booked Bruges for the weekend yesterday. Would thoroughly recommend going.

We were there in December a few years ago... they have a great xmas market and skating. Also they had an amazing Ice sculpture  show setup (near the train station i think).Definitly worth seeing if you like that sort of thing

16 hours ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Bratislava, Lisbon, Cologne, Zagreb and Krakow.