Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
floz

Shinji Okazaki

Our three record signings (if this comes off) Ulloa, Kramaric and Okazaki can't all play in the same XI. Seems a bit strange.

We need to upgrade every single position on the pitch realistically and spending £20m+ on forwards in January seems a bit foolish.

Maybe Pearson agrees that Ulloa isn't good enough and has made an error, a very costly one. These signings should have been made in the summer maybe then we'd have stood half a chance.

Agrees Ulloa isn't good enough?!?!?!?!

Agrees with who exactly?

He's scored 8 Premier League goals in his first half season at top level.

Without his goals we would stand no chance of surviving, because of his goals, we stand half a chance.

So there has been no error, and his £8m price tag doesn't seem very costly at all.

On the VT ive viewed Okazaki described himself as a midfielder

His favourite position is CAM apparently, hence why Nige is looking at him.

Transfermarkt (a generally reliable GERMAN website !) has him as a 'Striker - Centre Forward', though he has also played in 'Secondary positions' on the 'Right Wing' and 'Left Wing' (being both right and left foooted).  No mention of him being any sort of Midfielder - or ever playing in midfield.

We've only conceded two goals from open play in the last 6 games, there has been an improvement in that area. Our goals against is on par or not far off with a lot of teams. Conceded one less than Newcastle in 11th, just four more than Spurs in 6th, less than Burnley and QPR, 1 more than Palace, the same number as Everton.

Whilst I'd still like an improvement, it's not currently the disaster people are making out. Goals for are also on par with a lot of teams, but when 5 of those came in the same game it warps those stats quite a bit.

A top quality CM would be my preference at the moment seeing as we don't seem capable of keeping then fit currently.

Maybe i'm alone in thinking one of the largest problems we have with retaining possession is having a set of defenders who can't pass, consistently hoof it or pass back to the keepers (not Hamer or Kasper's strongest point for differing reasons).

Transfermarkt (a generally reliable GERMAN website !) has him as a 'Striker - Centre Forward', though he has also played on the 'Right Wing' and 'Left Wing' (being both right and left foooted).  No mention of him being any sort of Midfielder - or ever playing in midfield.

Yeah he's a centre forward most definately not an attacking midfielder. Maybe he could play slightly deeper but why would we spend over 10 million quid on a player thats having great success at playing upfront for club and country to use him in a completely different role.

Maybe i'm alone in thinking one of the largest problems we have with retaining possession is having a set of defenders who can't pass, consistently hoof it or pass back to the keepers (not Hamer or Kasper's strongest point for differing reasons).

Far from it, this the one thing that is the root of all our problems, reduced opitions in formation, giving the ball away to freely, not being able to pin teams in there own half, means only 442 works. Stats may well say we have missed more chances than anyone else but they also show very poor possesion, maybe we need a thread on this

Purely from the highlights he looks good coming in from the flanks and supporting the central striker. Could be useful in the 4-3-3 formation we have played at times. The signings in Janaury for me have to do 3 things: 1) Add PL/top flight experience, 2) strengthen the defence and 3) be players suited to all the systems of play we use. Taking the systems of play point, a strike force of Ulloa, Kramaric, Okazaki, Vardy and Nugent does that. That means we can sell/loan out Wood and GTF if, as is media predicted, that is what NP wants.

Our possession stats are not really any worse than most of the clubs in our part of the table. Having midfielders who show for the ball might actually be of some help to them, as it's generally a lack of options that mean players resort to hoofing it, rather than their lack of ability to pass the ball a few feet in a straight line (Konchesky aside who just can't pass).

Agree with this. We need defenders who are comfortable on the ball. No point signing more strikers if the only service they get is long balls from our back four.

We've only conceded two goals from open play in the last 6 games, there has been an improvement in that area. Our goals against is on par or not far off with a lot of teams. Conceded one less than Newcastle in 11th, just four more than Spurs in 6th, less than Burnley and QPR, 1 more than Palace, the same number as Everton.

Whilst I'd still like an improvement, it's not currently the disaster people are making out. Goals for are also on par with a lot of teams, but when 5 of those came in the same game it warps those stats quite a bit.

A top quality CM would be my preference at the moment seeing as we don't seem capable of keeping then fit currently.

PREACH!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived