Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
floz

Shinji Okazaki

LEICESTER BID REJECTED

FSV Mainz 05 general manager Christian Heidel has explained why the Bundesliga side turned down a lucrative offer from Leicester City for Japan international Shinji Okazaki.

It had been reported the Foxes were interested in signing Okazaki, whose contract expires in June 2016, before opting to pursue HNK Rijeka striker Andrej Kramaric.

In an interview with German daily BILD, Heidel claimed Nigel Pearson’s side offered €10million for the 28-year-old but they were forced to reject the deal because they would have been unable to find a suitable replacement.

"It's simply a too big of a risk in the current situation,” he said. “I wouldn’t be able to sign to sign a striker Mainz of equal importance or goalscoring as Shinji Okazaki during the current transfer window. That's a fact!"

LEICESTER BID REJECTED

FSV Mainz 05 general manager Christian Heidel has explained why the Bundesliga side turned down a lucrative offer from Leicester City for Japan international Shinji Okazaki.

It had been reported the Foxes were interested in signing Okazaki, whose contract expires in June 2016, before opting to pursue HNK Rijeka striker Andrej Kramaric.

In an interview with German daily BILD, Heidel claimed Nigel Pearson’s side offered €10million for the 28-year-old but they were forced to reject the deal because they would have been unable to find a suitable replacement.

"It's simply a too big of a risk in the current situation,” he said. “I wouldn’t be able to sign to sign a striker Mainz of equal importance or goalscoring as Shinji Okazaki during the current transfer window. That's a fact!"

Bollocks, send them Wood.

Fairly certain, that someone is playing hardball in this equation. I wonder if we are to up the bid, that we need to offload. If Mainz sell, they are going to want to play publicly that they have refused as it would pish off their fans. With enough money they should be able to bring in someone, perhaps not of his calibre, but they'll make a hefty profit.

Two things might encourage Shinji. A fat wage, and the fans wanting him here. I don't feel there's as much excitement about this potential deal. 

Get Yuki on the blower and get him to convince him Nige!

I live near Mainz and go there sometimes to watch them (though I support Dortmund).

Mainz are not shouting this move around the grapevines, or discussing it as though its something high on their priorities.

Some papers had mentioned it, but now low key even vanished.

I live near Mainz and go there sometimes to watch them (though I support Dortmund).

Mainz are not shouting this move around the grapevines, or discussing it as though its something high on their priorities.

So it's time for you to get your ars in gear.  ;)

sounds like a done deal then...  :thumbup:

sounds like a done deal then... :thumbup:

Foxeslaw so to speak..!!!

EVEN this evening papers and club Mainz05 own site has below 30% of any further movement on this move.

plus player has been quoted, is not interested in anything, untiil he returns later from representing Japan in Australia, in the AFC Asian cup, end of January.

Football though is full of suprises..innit.

Foxeslaw so to speak..!!!

EVEN this evening papers and club Mainz05 own site has below 30% of any further movement on this move.

plus player has been quoted, is not interested in anything, untiil he returns later from representing Japan in Australia, in the AFC Asian cup, end of January.

Football though is full of suprises..innit.

Keep talking like that and we'll get this over the line! ;)

Japan playing Iraq in the Asian cup.  Lot's of mentions about Okazaki and the 8 mil bid from City being turned down.  Saying he has been a star in Germany.

Expecting an improved offer was suggested.

Archived