Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
floz

Shinji Okazaki

It is still quite scandalous Pearson's belief that quality strikers will save us. They only will if they score more goals than we ship and given we've looked suspect at the back and our midfield is often poor, I can't believe we've not moved heaven and earth to strengthen both areas.

It is still quite scandalous Pearson's belief that quality strikers will save us. They only will if they score more goals than we ship and given we've looked suspect at the back and our midfield is often poor, I can't believe we've not moved heaven and earth to strengthen both areas.

Isn't he quite creative?

I'm hoping reinforcements in defence and midfield are also being lined up. If we signed two strikers and didn't add quality in those departments then I'd agree that that is a bizarre strategy.

If this comes off, we will have signed the best part of 30 million on strikers, but without service they will probaly still struggle.

Our strikers are struggling to get chances, but the two new strikers might have that bit more about them to create their own chances, which are current strikers cannot do

I was literally just about to write the exact same!!

Would prefer £10-15mill spent on a quality CM

We could have Messi up top but he'll be feeding off SImpson, Wasyl, Morgan and Konchesky kicking it over his head for 90 minutes.

Why is this thread still open? He won't come here, Mainz won't sell and we're in dire need of an attacking midfielder and a left-back, anyway.

Plus, we've bolstered our attacking options up front already. Time to take care of the other areas to strengthen.

Why is this thread still open? He won't come here, Mainz won't sell and we're in dire need of an attacking midfielder and a left-back, anyway.

Plus, we've bolstered our attacking options up front already. Time to take care of the other areas to strengthen.

I agree, not very often I do agree with you mc, but on this I have to lol

We need to create as we have very little movement and are predictable, so an attacking midfielder who can make thinks happen is a must, and a left back, well I can't see how we can't be after one.

Then that would do me, no point going over the top, if we are relegated, don't want to many big wages in the book.

It hasn't been confirmed that he won't be coming, therefore there's still something to be discussed.

We could offer Konchesky in a part-exchange deal? 

Just read this morning we've missed the most clear cut chances than anyone team in the Premier League this season but I agree with you Ric.

Surely the next priorities should have been the defence?

Just read this morning we've missed the most clear cut chances than anyone team in the Premier League this season but I agree with you Ric.

Only one of our strikers has come up with the goods so far this season, Vardy and Nugent simply haven't. Bring this guy in, and with kramaric, Ulloa and Okazaki could spell the end for two of the three, Wood, Nuge or Vardy.....

So I can see why Nige wants another striker, he will be looking at defenders also, but we've got to be ruthless, Vardy and Nugent simply haven't been good enough.

We've only conceded two goals from open play in the last 6 games, there has been an improvement in that area. Our goals against is on par or not far off with a lot of teams. Conceded one less than Newcastle in 11th, just four more than Spurs in 6th, less than Burnley and QPR, 1 more than Palace, the same number as Everton.

Whilst I'd still like an improvement, it's not currently the disaster people are making out. Goals for are also on par with a lot of teams, but when 5 of those came in the same game it warps those stats quite a bit.

A top quality CM would be my preference at the moment seeing as we don't seem capable of keeping then fit currently.

We've only conceded two goals from open play in the last 6 games, there has been an improvement in that area. Our goals against is on par or not far off with a lot of teams. Conceded one less than Newcastle in 11th, just four more than Spurs in 6th, less than Burnley and QPR, 1 more than Palace, the same number as Everton.

Whilst I'd still like an improvement, it's not currently the disaster people are making out. Goals for are also on par with a lot of teams, but when 5 of those came in the same game it warps those stats quite a bit.

A top quality CM would be my preference at the moment seeing as we don't seem capable of keeping then fit currently.

Totally agree.

Indeed the lack of threat was a bigger issue than the defence on Saturday. 

This.  Even when all of the CM options are fully fit, it always seems the numbers are trying to make up for the quality.

Stringer is single handily losing listeners for the radio station due to all the players and staff refusing to be interviewed by him, so what does he do...... Makes up a huge transfer news coming up tweet just before the moan in, I call bs, he hasn't been on the pulse for transfers in a while and I hugely doubt he's all of a sudden found a reliable source in Germany.

Not doubting we are still in for him just more so the fact stringer has took a punt to draw in listeners

Archived