Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
floz

Shinji Okazaki

Surely if we are offering that amount let's say €12 millions euros which is about £10 million pounds. If you pay a cut price that Toronto want & put Jermaine Defoe on a 2 year contract with the wage demands he wants. the figure would come close to this anyway wouldn't it?

Edit- having quickly worked it out if we meet Toronto's asking price (£3,000,000) & offer Defoe £70,000 a week. (Shit loads I kbow) the combined figure comes to £10,000,000 the same amount I would imagine we've offered for this lad.

I remember at the beginning of the season nige saying he wanted the wage structure so that it wouldn't break the unity in the deessing room. It would be odd to pay defoe 70k a week after saying that.

Defoe is 4 years older and has injury issues and has no re-sale value. It would be a very short term signing.

Tbf to Defoe on the injury issues he had played over a year non stop competitive football. September - January with Spurs; Signed by Toronto and loaned back to Spurs; linked up with Toronto till the end of the MLS season. He could label his injuries to fatigue due to the demands of his season. Ifs he's been in intense fitness training in France and is training with Spurs u/21s then hopefully the worst is behind him now and should he arrive with us then he will be fit and firing. Personally I'd prefer Defoe to Okazaki but I'm easy either way as they both strengthen our squad.

The deal is off

Okazaki Leicester move off

Football

Posted at

13:56

Japan striker Shinji Okazaki won't be joining Leicester after their bid for him was rejected by Bundesliga club Mainz.

"For the time-being that's finished for me. I will stop thinking about it. I'm a Mainz player and for now I want to focus on the Asian Cup and do what I can so we win the title," Okazaki said.

Lets see if anything happens nearer the end of the transfer window

Archived