Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
floz

Shinji Okazaki

These same people that think Shinji is a shocking player and should be replaced probably wanted to run Wes out of town last season. Not even a month ago people were blasting Schlupp on here saying that he wasn't ever going to be a smart enough footballer to contribute in our squad. They would rather us bring on Demarii Gray or Ben Chilwell than him. Now there's calls for him to start over Albrighton.

This just seems like more of the same short sighted thinking. We always look for a player to be the weakest link, and then say that we need to replace him. We never want to give them time to adjust, grow or develop. We don't care that Okazaki is a proven goal scorer in the Bundesliga. 

his touch and control at times is horrendous and he always seems to fall over the ball.

He works hard and at times his touch is good but doesn't offer us a lot saying that we are top of the league and he has played alot of game time so we can't take nothing away from him really, he is never going to be Marhez standard but he def adds something.

Upgrade in the summer would like to keep him here though.

Not many if any have questioned his work ethic. His ability to keep his feet on the ground costs him and the team chances and it appears when he does go to ground it's a balance issue not a foul. I think he has a very good first touch and creates havoc among defenders but I lose my enthusiasm when I see him on the ground so often. It's ridiculous IMO.

On a positive his work rate and his ability to cause defenders to make decisions early has helped the team control a game. Again i like the player....just wish he would/could stay upright more often.

Come off it.

Put any half decent ST next to Vardy and he'd work just as hard. He's a better fit for the team than Ulloa so I'd continue to play him but we definitely need an upgrade on him in the summer.

The only reason Ranieri plays him is because he suits the team better than Ulloa. We got nobody else. The club even went out and tried to buy a striker in January, because Okazaki isn't up the task. Neither is Ulloa.

Got nothing against the bloke. Nice guy with a lovely smile but he is a shocking footballer.

Unbelievable. The guy works his socks off running all over the place, pressuring every defender in his vicinity and even slipping back into midfield when we are under pressure to release the ball and possibly attack. Hes an offensively defensive forward and many games this season hes proven his worth, I know everyone wants a goal or two out of him at home and that shouldve come but he deserves some support rather than this 'Yeah, hes an alright lad and I love his grin when he scores goals but gerrim ought! Hes not good enough, we need anovvough Stevie 'owerd!'

At the end of season yeah look to improve the squad as always, If Krama is gone we've a gap in the squad and with the possibility of European footy of a high standard we'll need another high standard forward.

It's funny how everyone was getting so excited about him and now look. It shows how we shouldn't get too excited about a player, and next time possibly get a PL proven player. However I admire how he works very hard and he runs all day, and he also seems like a very nice guy.

Come off it.

Put any half decent ST next to Vardy and he'd work just as hard. He's a better fit for the team than Ulloa so I'd continue to play him but we definitely need an upgrade on him in the summer.

The only reason Ranieri plays him is because he suits the team better than Ulloa. We got nobody else. The club even went out and tried to buy a striker in January, because Okazaki isn't up the task. Neither is Ulloa.

Got nothing against the bloke. Nice guy with a lovely smile but he is a shocking footballer.

Haha "not up to the task" we are top of the league with Shinji involved in every game put two and two together mate. We are not top despite Shinji we are there because he does his job in the team admirably.

Haha "not up to the task" we are top of the league with Shinji involved in every game put two and two together mate. We are not top despite Shinji we are there because he does his job in the team admirably.

You're wasting your time with those who refuse to give him ant credit. He has been clearly given a task, and he doggedly does it well. He even got excited when he was given the opportunity to push more forward when we were short, and managed to bag a couple of goals.

Shinji's role is not the goalscorer, that's not what he's been asked to do. What he has done is allowed two other players flourish and put us top of league.

It's the feigned incredulity from some of the divs on here that does my head in, as if you cannot possibly comprehend how someone else's opinion doesn't perfectly align with yours. There's a legitimate case to be made for both sides, you can't just act as if the people arguing against your point must be mental or drunk or both just because they see it differently. Shinji tries very hard, nobody can doubt that. He is capable of playing very well and shows the odd moment of quality. But I also think the detractors have a valid point; he loses his balance very easily and attacks at least SEEM to break down when he gets involved. And his first touch does let him down from time to time. This whole thread is a false dichotomy, it's like you either have to contribute non-stop to a pro-Shinji jizz fest or insist he shouldn't put a Leicester shirt on again.

It's the feigned incredulity from some of the divs on here that does my head in, as if you cannot possibly comprehend how someone else's opinion doesn't perfectly align with yours. There's a legitimate case to be made for both sides, you can't just act as if the people arguing against your point must be mental or drunk or both just because they see it differently. Shinji tries very hard, nobody can doubt that. He is capable of playing very well and shows the odd moment of quality. But I also think the detractors have a valid point; he loses his balance very easily and attacks at least SEEM to break down when he gets involved. And his first touch does let him down from time to time. This whole thread is a false dichotomy, it's like you either have to contribute non-stop to a pro-Shinji jizz fest or insist he shouldn't put a Leicester shirt on again.

Yeah mate, you're the lone bastion of light in this melee of opinions.

You could write this about any conflict of interest on the internet, people have opinions on everything and as we know they conflict. For example, your very post could be construed as correct and an accurate reflection the situation, others might think its rambling nonsense that has no point or need.  

What are you babbling on about. The guy gives his all for the team and is part of a group of players that are taking the prem by storm. It's obvious from the terminology you use that you have a low opinion of him ... 'Pro Shinji jizz fest ' !! ffs. If you feel that strongly go on the I love Claudio thread and say you think he's a tw@t as he keeps picking Shinji Okazaki ... Or, alternatively, shut the f@@@ up.

Banzai !!

Unbelievable. The guy works his socks off running all over the place, pressuring every defender in his vicinity and even slipping back into midfield when we are under pressure to release the ball and possibly attack. Hes an offensively defensive forward and many games this season hes proven his worth, I know everyone wants a goal or two out of him at home and that shouldve come but he deserves some support rather than this 'Yeah, hes an alright lad and I love his grin when he scores goals but gerrim ought! Hes not good enough, we need anovvough Stevie 'owerd!'

At the end of season yeah look to improve the squad as always, If Krama is gone we've a gap in the squad and with the possibility of European footy of a high standard we'll need another high standard forward.

If work rate is all you can say about him then we might as well bring back Iain Hume. He worked hard too.

You keep brining up his work ethic as if we should then gloss over his terrible first touch, poor control, poor ball retention, falls over 78 times a game etc.

I would start Okazaki against Newcastle because he is a better fit for our style than Ulloa but we need an upgrade in the summer.

Guest ttfn

If work rate is all you can say about him then we might as well bring back Iain Hume. He worked hard too.

You keep brining up his work ethic as if we should then gloss over his terrible first touch, poor control, poor ball retention, falls over 78 times a game etc.

I would start Okazaki against Newcastle because he is a better fit for our style than Ulloa but we need an upgrade in the summer.

We're top of the league ffs, we don't "need" anything.

Having an upgrade would be nice but 1) I reckon Okazaki has another level in him and 2) having Messi would be nice but we support Leicester, not Barcelons.

We're top of the league ffs, we don't "need" anything.

Having an upgrade would be nice but 1) I reckon Okazaki has another level in him and 2) having Messi would be nice but we support Leicester, not Barcelons.

Are they the only two options? Okazaki or Messi .

I'd be interested to know whether Ranieri genuinely thinks Okazaki is any good or he's just the best option for various reasons.

He's a fascinating player. He must have had about five or six decent games all season.

Also, given how many weirdly specific stats you see these days, I bet he has one of the highest percentages in the league for touches taken with his back to goal.

I did say more than workrate, he tackles and harries, runs channels to create space for others and is daring and robust enough to jump into 14+ stone of Premier League centre back repeatedly all game. If he wasn't cutting the mustard he wouldn't be on the field.

Maybe his faults stand out because we have very few faults to pick up on these days, I would take Shinji falling over in the opposition half trying to win the ball over Iain Hume or Alan Maybury hacking down Chopras and Earnshaws every week of the year.

See we are back in the 'down on Shinji groove. I thought he had turned that round since Xmas.

Obviously not... I do agree he wasn't good vs Watford, but I'm putting that down to the third match in a short period, and an iffy surface.

How many times did Kasper go down when kicking again?

I'd be interested to know whether Ranieri genuinely thinks Okazaki is any good or he's just the best option for various reasons.

He's a fascinating player. He must have had about five or six decent games all season.

Also, given how many weirdly specific stats you see these days, I bet he has one of the highest percentages in the league for touches taken with his back to goal.

We know we offered BIG money for a new striker in Jan but unfortunately didn't get one. We know that the Don likes Shinji and Leo as a sort of double act and that neither he nor NP particularly liked Kramaric. That's about the long and short of it.

We know we offered BIG money for a new striker in Jan but unfortunately didn't get one. We know that the Don likes Shinji and Leo as a sort of double act and that neither he nor NP particularly liked Kramaric. That's about the long and short of it.

Interesting point.

Is it common knowledge who actually wanted to bring Kramaric to the club? Seems one of the most bizarre signings we've ever made

Archived