Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
floz

Shinji Okazaki

Thought he was starting to struggle physically in the first half.

To be honest, I've never seen a player run as suicidally hard as he does, so I'm not that surprised Claudio took him off.

The surface did look a bit tricky today, and he struggled with his touch a bit, and that is unusual for post-Xmas Shinji. Nice rest for them all now.

Banzai!

This lads first touch is just incredible, the ball just sticks to him. I have a lot of time for ozazaki, he's doing a great job for me though a few more goals wouldn't go amiss.

His first touch is appalling

this is what I thought but he has a great level of tenacity to just keep going and at least try to win the ball back.

Can we have a little whip-round to get him some better boots? I know yesterday the surface must have been very slippy but he falls over so much lol

Annoys me how he keeps falling over for no reason. Appalling first touch, awful technique and loses possession with ease. And then you watch Drinkwater and King and those are proper footballers who can actually control a ball and pass it 5 yards without falling over.

I hate the be negative but I just don't see what you guys see in him. I understand he has a role in the team but he is a shocking footballer.

Don't understand the criticism he gets at all. It's his first season in the premiership and he must be doing something right because he's featured pretty much every game and were 5 points clear at the top of the premiership. He hasn't scored much but the pressure he puts on defences has helped a lot this season, I honestly think we'd be in a worse position without him.

Yeah to be fair we were terrible against Chelsea at home, WBA away and the 2nd half against Watford

Worse team in the league...okazaki was the best player on the pitch for the first 45, when we was subbed at half time villa absolutely dominated us.

VILLA!

Don't understand the criticism he gets at all. It's his first season in the premiership and he must be doing something right because he's featured pretty much every game and were 5 points clear at the top of the premiership. He hasn't scored much but the pressure he puts on defences has helped a lot this season, I honestly think we'd be in a worse position without him.

I like him,but he couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo. Always nearly scores,but never does

He was our man of the match Everton away. And has had a few wobbles since, Watford wasn't good. But for a first season player he's done well, fits in well with the team ethos, never gives up, though he does need to man up a bit more and stop falling over. I think he'll improve for his first season in prem league too.

Guest CityFan 06

I think for a first season in the BPL, he's adapted pretty well to the league. He's scored a few goals, his energy is top notch and the effort is there 100% every game. Next season I can see him getting more goals and continuing to develop at the level of Premier League football.

Works incredibly hard is getting better all the time had a great game against the baggies. Should have scored two . Love it when he scores his smile is infectious

And how often is that ?  sorry but in any other team he would have been dropped long ago . He simply does not do what he is supposed to do as a striker . He is on his backside most of the match and will not be in the starting lineup next season come what may. We don't need a pest we need a scoring partener for Vardy and he's not it.

Vardy only scored 5 goals last season and took awhile to catch his stride in the premier league. I have faith that Okazaki can do the same under Ranieri. No player is perfect, and Okazaki has some adjustment to make in the league. But he has enough natural talent to be in the starting 11 this year and the next. 

Vardy only scored 5 goals last season and took awhile to catch his stride in the premier league. I have faith that Okazaki can do the same under Ranieri. No player is perfect, and Okazaki has some adjustment to make in the league. But he has enough natural talent to be in the starting 11 this year and the next.

Hope so. To be fair to Vardy he didn't fall over every two minutes. I do like Shinji but you can see why he frustrates people

He's our best player you haterz need to RererecogniZze.

All I'm saying is that pitch knew it had been in a game after shijaz. All our players including waz are better than any that have been before, ANY. Including Big Hesk. In my humble opinion, everyone who played for lesta in the past (and didnt get us to 5 points clear at 5he top of the fecking prem) is dead to me.

Archived