Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Blue will

Kramaric

Look at Mark De Vries's highlight reel against Spurs in the cup.

A Youtube video is not and never should be a barometer of which you form an opinion on a player.

Well no, but in that spell in the team he showed evidence of genuine quality, particularly in the arsenal game, he just never got a chance to play in a side with any intention to attack or go over the halfway line.

Kramaric should be playing ahead of Okazaki all day long.

So you think the bloke that got is to the top of the league is wrong on this one? The bloke with probably more years as a manager than you've been alive. I have no idea why as fans, with almost zero knowledge of the player, side with them over and over again above the manager.

Two successive managers have seen fit not to give him a run in the team. It's fairly obvious what is being asked of Okazaki when he plays, bust a gut, disrupt, drop back, help out and get stuck in. None of those things will be offered by Kramaric, so there is no way he should be brought in to do that task.

If we suddenly decide to play a more possession based game, with slower build up play the lad might fit in.

It'd be nice to see him try out in the Okazki role.

No.... there seems to be a total misunderstanding of the role Okazaki is being asked to play. Absolutely no chance Kramaric can fill that role unless he's suddenly going to develop a totally different attitude. If anything he'd be competing with Ulloa for the support role in games we're likely to have more of the ball.

I seem to remember him scoring against a certain Arsenal team last season and the final goal of last season v QPR - unless that was a different player from Croatia with the same surname??

hes been playing at a shocking level of football since then he cant be ready by playing for the u21s

No.... there seems to be a total misunderstanding of the role Okazaki is being asked to play. Absolutely no chance Kramaric can fill that role unless he's suddenly going to develop a totally different attitude. If anything he'd be competing with Ulloa for the support role in games we're likely to have more of the ball.

I understand it completely and I'm happy with it. when I've watched clips of Krammy he works good off of another attaker - which is why the few chances he was given last season aren't representative.

I'm not saying bad things about Oka, I think he works great in our team, I'm saying that I think Kram can too when the occasion arrives.

your argument earlier about CR not playing him is a red herring, that doesn't mean he's bad at all though I guess you are saying that the scouting team are rubbish for believing that Kramaric is worth 10p let alone £10m.

Still I forgot you know everything and others are not supposed to have an opinion.

I understand it completely and I'm happy with it. when I've watched clips of Krammy he works good off of another attaker - which is why the few chances he was given last season aren't representative.

Okazaki is now being used in games where we have less ball to do more of the running up top, tackling, getting stuck in etc. That's why Kramaric isn't right for that role as that's not his game in the slightest. So, as I say he would be more competing with the likes of Ulloa, as we play him when we're likely to have more of the ball and not so much pressing is needed.

your argument earlier about CR not playing him is a red herring, that doesn't mean he's bad at all though I guess you are saying that the scouting team are rubbish for believing that Kramaric is worth 10p let alone £10m.

I think it's fair to say the manager doesn't think he suits our system, doesn't mean he's good or bad... I never said that. We've changed managers, who knows how Pearson saw him and Okazaki fitting in.

Not sure what the point is about the scouting team.

So you think the bloke that got is to the top of the league is wrong on this one? The bloke with probably more years as a manager than you've been alive. I have no idea why as fans, with almost zero knowledge of the player, side with them over and over again above the manager.

I think it's fair to say the manager doesn't think he suits our system, doesn't mean he's good or bad... I never said that. We've changed managers, who knows how Pearson saw him and Okazaki fitting in.

The top quote from you is why I mentioned the scouting staff. You don't think the manager should be questioned (at least on this point) which infers you think the scouting staff are crap.

Again with regards my comment about Krammy replacing okazaki - I have already agreed with you and argued with others that I THINK Okazaki is doing very well in the role we're using him, as a chaser and hassler. I think Kam could replace him when we want to be more pro-active and attacking as I feel Kramaric works well in conjunction with another attacker. Ulloa is a completely different form of attacker for when we want to lump balls up front. Kram with Vardy and Mahrez could be great when we want to use speed and the ground passing game to attack our opponents. It just so happens at the moment that we aren't playing that sort of game, that doesn't mean we should sell Kramaric. We may evolve into a less counter-attacking team as we get better and have more of the ball.

The top quote from you is why I mentioned the scouting staff. You don't think the manager should be questioned (at least on this point) which infers you think the scouting staff are crap.

I believe the manager sees far more than we do to judge, especially when they are so far doing a rather fantastic job of things. With those things in mind, it means I trust him over some bloke on an internet forum who thinks Kramaric is brilliant.

Kramaric was signed for Pearson. None of us know how they saw him fitting in, the same goes for Okazaki. We could be playing a different system and style now that suited them both far better. He doesn't suit how Ranieri sees us playing at the moment, or his attitude stinks... hence him not being in the team.

Again with regards my comment about Krammy replacing okazaki - I have already agreed with you and argued with others that I THINK Okazaki is doing very well in the role we're using him, as a chaser and hassler. I think Kam could replace him when we want to be more pro-active and attacking as I feel Kramaric works well in conjunction with another attacker. Ulloa is a completely different form of attacker for when we want to lump balls up front. Kram with Vardy and Mahrez could be great when we want to use speed and the ground passing game to attack our opponents. It just so happens at the moment that we aren't playing that sort of game, that doesn't mean we should sell Kramaric. We may evolve into a less counter-attacking team as we get better and have more of the ball.

I think we're pretty much saying the same thing.

Has Kramaric ever played in a wide role?

He looks like he could make a useful inside forward, using his skill to cut inside and deliver balls into the box or shoot from just outside the box. Basically the Mahrez role but on the other side.

Wouldn't be against him coming off the bench for Albrighton one of these days. He can't be much less effective than Schlupp.

Has Kramaric ever played in a wide role?

He looks like he could make a useful inside forward, using his skill to cut inside and deliver balls into the box or shoot from just outside the box. Basically the Mahrez role but on the other side.

Wouldn't be against him coming off the bench for Albrighton one of these days. He can't be much less effective than Schlupp.

I think the best position for Kramaric is one where he barely has to run.

We may evolve into a less counter-attacking team as we get better and have more of the ball.

At which point Inler may also come into the frame

I suspect that if we weren't doing so well, Claudio would have already played around with a different style. Whilst we remain within a European place, he can't mess about.

Your point is very relevant. Either we buy a back up vardy and Riyad type in January so we can continue to play a counter attacking style or we will have to utilise the less pacy options when injuries and tiredness begin to take their toll.

Okazaki is now being used in games where we have less ball to do more of the running up top, tackling, getting stuck in etc. That's why Kramaric isn't right for that role as that's not his game in the slightest. So, as I say he would be more competing with the likes of Ulloa, as we play him when we're likely to have more of the ball and not so much pressing is needed.

You're absolutely bang on, Kramaric can play the support role but he needs to be in a system that doesn't require him to press like Okazaki and Vardy do. Under Pearson when we played 3-5-2 he had the licence to drop deep and then run with the ball or do whatever it is he does well but he wasn't having to press like our front two do now. If he were to succeed with us we'd need to make allowances for his style of play.

Time to start offering him out ready for January, whether it be on loan or a transfer, ideally loan him, get him some confidence, see what he can do but if we can get anything near our money back (Which I doubt we would) sell him.

Archived